Metroid-vania style level design

Started by
12 comments, last by diligentcircle 6 years, 7 months ago

It's not ready for a release right now. I'm going to force one out next month or the month after, though. In the meantime, there's a video I recorded last month, and this should be plenty to demonstrate the mapping system for the OP:

https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/onpon4/m/hexoshi-2017-07-19/

If you really want to play it now, make sure you have all the dependencies installed: pathlib, six, sge-pygame, tmx, xsge_gui, xsge_lighting, xsge_path, xsge_physics, xsge_tmx; and of course, Python itself.

Advertisement

I watched a few minutes of your video, some pretty slick looking stuff there! ;)

Far beyond what I was even imagining my room/grid layout would look like!

So what you're saying is, you have your tmx files, and the generation process looks through these and outputs JSON, which is read later to layout the connection of the rooms? And I assume the tmx extension is from the Tiled map program you use?

Stitchs.

1 hour ago, stitchs_login said:

So what you're saying is, you have your tmx files, and the generation process looks through these and outputs JSON, which is read later to layout the connection of the rooms? And I assume the tmx extension is from the Tiled map program you use?

Yes and yes. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement