Voxelygon - Polyhedron Voxel

Started by
4 comments, last by Jiwon Kim 6 years, 7 months ago

Hello, I`m ji-won, Kim in Korea. ;)

I`m developing polyhedron voxel middleware for Unity.

What`s mean polyhedron vexel? See below.

This middleware based on block combination. And, these blocks have various shape. So the combination of these blocks make terrain like low-poly.

Below video is result of these combination.

Like other voxel engines, CAN destroy rrain and generate terrain. Of course, can apply to Unity based physics effects like anti gravition and explosion.

These video recorded on i3-4160 CPU with GTX 650 system. FPS range is 45~60 over while destroying and refresh.

Support multi-threading for refreshing chunks.

future works

- pathfinding based on various size units.

- huge units and partial destroying.

- crafting system and support json.

If you're interested, send me a mail. lagnas2000@gmail.com or lagnas2000@naver.com

Advertisement

That looks pretty nice, the beveled edges break up the block structure nicely. Can it handle caves?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

On 8/30/2017 at 5:47 PM, Jiwon Kim said:

Support multi-threading for refreshing chunks.

Is this your own multi-threading or using Unity's Coroutines?

I ask because I notice Unity has problems running simultaneous routines, chances are that with a destructive terrain I would also like destructive objects and that would need the coroutines to do smoothly.

10 hours ago, swiftcoder said:

That looks pretty nice, the beveled edges break up the block structure nicely. Can it handle caves?

Of couse can handle caves. Voxelygon have block based BD structure.

To make caves, insert VACANT block as your wish. Below show like that.

example.png.616340344d3d387daa343f7d97118cca.png

Below blocks like pile shape consits of 4 blocks, and 3 vacant block, and 3 cubic blocks.

3 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Is this your own multi-threading or using Unity's Coroutines?

I ask because I notice Unity has problems running simultaneous routines, chances are that with a destructive terrain I would also like destructive objects and that would need the coroutines to do smoothly.

Yes, my own multi-threading method.

Unity support only 2 thread process, (main thread and rendering thread). Then Unity API is processed on main thread.

Voxelygon support multi-threading partially. Based on Unity, so using Unity API codes does NOT multi-threading. But my own codes support multi-threading(ex : refreshing chunk, pathfinding).

But, Unity Collider does NOT support multi-threading, so update mesh collider applied to chunks does NOT support multi-threading.

On test, refreshing 32x32 sized chunks spent 10~12 ms. To update mesh spents 7ms(NOT multi-threading), to update inner data 1ms (multi-threading), to update rendering process 2 ms(multi-threading).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement