Open Source Does anyone need map exporter from NES/SMD games to TMX format?

Hello! I'm making the CadEditor utility. This is a universal level map editor for NES / SMD games, used to inplace change ROM files. The program has been done for a long time to edit a couple of old console games, now I have to do a little bit of updating it, perhaps turning it into a block editor, like Tiled.  

Would anyone be interested in such a tool, or is there enough of the existing map editors functionality?

And other question. It's possible to do export blocks from all the games already supported by the editor to tileset, and the map itself to the TMX format supported by Tiled editor, as well by many engines - so you can immediately get blocks and a game map from some old games for experiments with them into modern engines. Will anyone need this feature, if I implement it?

Edited by Sanya Boyko

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By _Engine_
      Atum engine is a newcomer in a row of game engines. Most game engines focus on render
      techniques in features list. The main task of Atum is to deliver the best toolset; that’s why,
      as I hope, Atum will be a good light weighted alternative to Unity for indie games. Atum already
      has fully workable editor that has an ability to play test edited scene. All system code has
      simple ideas behind them and focuses on easy to use functionality. That’s why code is minimized
      as much as possible.
      Currently the engine consists from:
      - Scene Editor with ability to play test edited scene;
      - Powerful system for binding properties into the editor;
      - Render system based on DX11 but created as multi API; so, adding support of another GAPI
        is planned;
      - Controls system based on aliases;
      - Font system based on stb_truetype.h;
      - Support of PhysX 3.0, there are samples in repo that use physics;
      - Network code which allows to create server/clinet; there is some code in repo which allows
        to create a simple network game
      I plan to use this engine in multiplayer game - so, I definitely will evolve the engine. Also
      I plan to add support for mobile devices. And of course, the main focus is to create a toolset
      that will ease games creation.
      Link to repo on source code is - https://github.com/ENgineE777/Atum

• By Giannis Marinakis
      Hello everyone!
      I have a GitHub repository on which I'm developing a Open Network Library for Java Developers and I'd like to share it so more people come in and contribute. Till now the repo is being developed only by me so the library is not 100% bug free. I'd really like this repo to be famous and got people working on it!
      [You will find more information in the repo]
      Here's the link for the repo: https://github.com/giannismarinakis/java-open-nl
      Thanks!
    • By swiftcoder
      Pictured are outputs of the Marching Cubes algorithm (left), and surface reconstruction via 'Deferred Rasterisation' (right).
      These are examples from a little library I wrote for Rust, that provides various implementations of isosurface extraction from volume data. You can find the Apache-2.0 licensed source code on github, or the Rust package on crates.io.
    • By Effekseer
      Effekseer Project develops "Effekseer," which is visual software for creating open source games; on November 1, I released "Effekseer 1.3," which is the latest major version release. With Effekseer, you can easily create various visual effects simply by specifying different parameters.

Effekseer is a tool to create various visual effects used in games and others. You can create various visual effects such as explosion, light emission, and particles. Effekseer's effect creation tool works only on Windows. However, the created visual effects can be viewed on Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and other environments using plugins runtime / plugins such as DirectX, OpenGL, and Unity.
      Effekseer 1.3 is an updated version of Effekseer 1.2 released in June 2016.
      This update contains the following changes:
      -Addition of a file viewer that makes it easy to manage effect files;
      -Improvements in UI such as adding icons for easy understanding of editing status;
      -Addition of a function to read FBX as a 3D model file;
      -Addition of parameters for easier control of the effects.
      In addition to Unity, I have added plugins / libraries to UnrealEngine 4 and Cocos2d-x.
      This makes it possible to play effects in most major development environments.Besides that, more than 70 new sample effects have been added and many bugs have been fixed.
      Effekseer 1.3 is available on the project website.
      The license for the software is the MIT license.

Effekseer 
      http://effekseer.github.io/

Github
      https://github.com/effekseer/Effekseer

View full story
    • By Effekseer
      Effekseer Project develops "Effekseer," which is visual software for creating open source games; on November 1, I released "Effekseer 1.3," which is the latest major version release. With Effekseer, you can easily create various visual effects simply by specifying different parameters.

Effekseer is a tool to create various visual effects used in games and others. You can create various visual effects such as explosion, light emission, and particles. Effekseer's effect creation tool works only on Windows. However, the created visual effects can be viewed on Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and other environments using plugins runtime / plugins such as DirectX, OpenGL, and Unity.
      Effekseer 1.3 is an updated version of Effekseer 1.2 released in June 2016.
      This update contains the following changes:
      -Addition of a file viewer that makes it easy to manage effect files;
      -Improvements in UI such as adding icons for easy understanding of editing status;
      -Addition of a function to read FBX as a 3D model file;
      -Addition of parameters for easier control of the effects.
      In addition to Unity, I have added plugins / libraries to UnrealEngine 4 and Cocos2d-x.
      This makes it possible to play effects in most major development environments.Besides that, more than 70 new sample effects have been added and many bugs have been fixed.
      Effekseer 1.3 is available on the project website.
      The license for the software is the MIT license.

Effekseer 
      http://effekseer.github.io/

Github
      https://github.com/effekseer/Effekseer

• Popular Now