• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_void_

DX11 Reading/writing 16 bit unsigned integers from/to buffer

Hi guys,

I would like to double-check with you if I am correct.

I have a buffer of unsigned integers of format DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT, which I would like to read from the shader.

Since there is no dedicated HLSL 16 bit unsigned int type, I guess we should go with HLSL uint (32 bit) type.

Buffer<uint> g_InputBuffer : register(t0); // DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT

In this case, will each element of the input buffer be automatically converted into a corresponding uint (32 bit) element?

And vice versa, if I want to output to buffer of type DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT, I guess HLSL uint will be automatically converted to 16 bit unsigned?

RWBuffer<uint> g_OutputBuffer : register(u0); // DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT

uint value = ...

g_OutputBuffer[outIndex] = value;

Thanks!

Edited by _void_

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By RoKabium Games
      Been a bit quiet recently, but we've been busy bug fixing and tweaking things... Now we have lots more 'Particle effects' in the game, specifically here the Flamethrower and Enemy attacks!
    • By JoshuaFraser
      Hi and thanks for reading, I have an issue with this reactive crosshair script, everything works fine until I start changing the offset. Give the script a go and you will see what I mean, when I do SetOffset(0f); it doesnt always set back to the origional state, if anyone can spot a fix I'd be super appreciative!
      using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using UnityEngine; public class ReactiveCrosshair : MonoBehaviour { [SerializeField] GameObject c_limb_prefab; private float center_offset = 0f; private float current_offset = 0f; private float max_offset = .5f; private int number_of_limbs = 4; private float limb_length = .05f; private float limb_width = .005f; private List<GameObject> c_limbs = new List<GameObject>(); public void SetupCrosshair(){ for (int i = 0; i < number_of_limbs; i++) { GameObject line_go = (GameObject)Instantiate (c_limb_prefab); line_go.transform.SetParent (this.transform); Vector3 limb_pos = new Vector3 (0f,0f,0f); //line_go.transform.position = limb_pos; line_go.transform.localPosition = limb_pos; LineRenderer line = line_go.GetComponent<LineRenderer>(); line.startWidth = limb_width; line.positionCount = 2; line.SetPosition (0, line_go.transform.localPosition + new Vector3(center_offset, 0f, 0f)); line.SetPosition (1, line_go.transform.localPosition + new Vector3(center_offset + limb_length, 0f, 0f)); line.useWorldSpace = false; c_limbs.Add(line_go.gameObject); } if (c_limbs != null) { OrientLimbs (); SetOffset (0f); } } public void OrientLimbs(){ for (int i = 0; i < c_limbs.Count; i++) { float rotation_step = 360f / (float)c_limbs.Count; c_limbs [i].transform.RotateAround (c_limbs[i].transform.position, c_limbs[i].transform.forward, 90f + (rotation_step * (float)i)); } } public void SetOffset(float _current_spread){ float offset = Mathf.Lerp (0f, max_offset, _current_spread); for (int i = 0; i < number_of_limbs; i++) { if (offset > current_offset) { Vector3 pos = c_limbs [i].transform.position + (c_limbs [i].transform.TransformDirection (Vector3.right) * offset); c_limbs [i].transform.position = pos; } if (offset < current_offset) { Vector3 pos = c_limbs [i].transform.position - (c_limbs [i].transform.TransformDirection (Vector3.right) * offset); c_limbs [i].transform.position = pos; } } Debug.Log ("SetOffset() offset: " + offset.ToString () + " _current_spread: " + _current_spread.ToString() + " localPos: " + c_limbs[1].transform.localPosition); current_offset = offset; } }  
    • By Paul Bto
      State of the search
      I'm not looking / I'm still looking

Description
      It is a third person game where you join more players to fight against bosses in the PvE style of the mmorpg, looking for online companions to help you defeat your enemy, where everyone does their respective work, such as tank, dps or heal, in groups of 5 or 10 players.
      The difference with other mmorpg is that here, since there is no open world, you will not have to go through it doing hundreds of missions and using many hours to get to the content that really interests you, which, in the case of PvE, are the dungeons and raids.

Objectives of the project
      For this project we will first make a demo that will only be the boss of a 5 player dungeon.
      The first phase of this project is to release a video gameplay for crowdfunding (kickstarter maybe), so we will focus more on the visual, which could be falsified if the mechanics do not work. If the crowdfunding gives green light would be the game, which if in turn would work would be updated in the future with more dungeons and bands. The ideal would be to make a playable demo.

Compensation
      If this game generates benefits outside crowdfunding, the profits will be distributed depending on the work and disbursement of each one.

Technology
      Unreal. If you want to learn how to use this software with the project, you can.

Required profiles
      - At the moment 2 Programmers (if has multiplayer knowledge in Unreal better).

- 1 2D Artist to make the interface design and some concepts. You are going to try make interfaces like this:

It would be ideal if you can devote at least 7 hours by week.
      It is a plus if you have experience with high level PvE content in some mmorpg.

Team structure
      Pablo. Environment artist.
      Diego. Character artist.

Web
      Waiting until the equipment is assembled.

Contact
      pablo.barreto.jimenez@gmail.com

Additional Information
      I have the GDD, it depends on the work but, I think the demo could be done in 6 months.
      Here I leave some images of what I did of the project in Unity, where basically I have been testing (The project will be done in Unreal):

Desired feedback
      If you think you can give me some advice about the project, feel free to give your opinion.

• By Hellados
      Hello guys, my name is Giorgi and i'm newbie game developer i'm learning Pixel art and after pixel art  i want learn C# and don't know how and where start i'm bad with programming language and know only HTML/CSS
    • By Void
      Hi, I'm trying to do a comparision with DirectInput GUID e.g GUID_XAxis, GUID_YAxis from a value I get from GetProperty
      eg
      DIPROPRANGE propRange;

DIJoystick->GetProperty (DIPROP_RANGE, &propRange.diph);
      // This will crash
      if (GUID_XAxis == MAKEDIPROP (propRange.diph.dwObj))
        ;

How should I be comparing the GUID from GetProperty?
    • By N Drew
      I am working on a 2D SideScroller game in my own made game engine using SFML and C++.I am searching for 2D artists,especially pixel artist for making and animating characters,backgrounds and other props that can be made in any Drawing Program.The artist will become part of the team of Hammer Studios and he got a part of the Revenue Sharing.If you are interested send me a mail at:ghiurcutaandrei@gmail.com .If you are not an artist but you want to be a part of our Team,Soon we will be recruiting an C++ AI programmers that worked in SFML/OpenGL.
      We work together using Discord.

• By MikhailGorobets
      I have a problem with SSAO. On left hand black area.
      Code shader:
      Texture2D<uint> texGBufferNormal : register(t0); Texture2D<float> texGBufferDepth : register(t1); Texture2D<float4> texSSAONoise : register(t2); float3 GetUV(float3 position) { float4 vp = mul(float4(position, 1.0), ViewProject); vp.xy = float2(0.5, 0.5) + float2(0.5, -0.5) * vp.xy / vp.w; return float3(vp.xy, vp.z / vp.w); } float3 GetNormal(in Texture2D<uint> texNormal, in int3 coord) { return normalize(2.0 * UnpackNormalSphermap(texNormal.Load(coord)) - 1.0); } float3 GetPosition(in Texture2D<float> texDepth, in int3 coord) { float4 position = 1.0; float2 size; texDepth.GetDimensions(size.x, size.y); position.x = 2.0 * (coord.x / size.x) - 1.0; position.y = -(2.0 * (coord.y / size.y) - 1.0); position.z = texDepth.Load(coord); position = mul(position, ViewProjectInverse); position /= position.w; return position.xyz; } float3 GetPosition(in float2 coord, float depth) { float4 position = 1.0; position.x = 2.0 * coord.x - 1.0; position.y = -(2.0 * coord.y - 1.0); position.z = depth; position = mul(position, ViewProjectInverse); position /= position.w; return position.xyz; } float DepthInvSqrt(float nonLinearDepth) { return 1 / sqrt(1.0 - nonLinearDepth); } float GetDepth(in Texture2D<float> texDepth, float2 uv) { return texGBufferDepth.Sample(samplerPoint, uv); } float GetDepth(in Texture2D<float> texDepth, int3 screenPos) { return texGBufferDepth.Load(screenPos); } float CalculateOcclusion(in float3 position, in float3 direction, in float radius, in float pixelDepth) { float3 uv = GetUV(position + radius * direction); float d1 = DepthInvSqrt(GetDepth(texGBufferDepth, uv.xy)); float d2 = DepthInvSqrt(uv.z); return step(d1 - d2, 0) * min(1.0, radius / abs(d2 - pixelDepth)); } float GetRNDTexFactor(float2 texSize) { float width; float height; texGBufferDepth.GetDimensions(width, height); return float2(width, height) / texSize; } float main(FullScreenPSIn input) : SV_TARGET0 { int3 screenPos = int3(input.Position.xy, 0); float depth = DepthInvSqrt(GetDepth(texGBufferDepth, screenPos)); float3 normal = GetNormal(texGBufferNormal, screenPos); float3 position = GetPosition(texGBufferDepth, screenPos) + normal * SSAO_NORMAL_BIAS; float3 random = normalize(2.0 * texSSAONoise.Sample(samplerNoise, input.Texcoord * GetRNDTexFactor(SSAO_RND_TEX_SIZE)).rgb - 1.0); float SSAO = 0; [unroll] for (int index = 0; index < SSAO_KERNEL_SIZE; index++) { float3 dir = reflect(SamplesKernel[index].xyz, random); SSAO += CalculateOcclusion(position, dir * sign(dot(dir, normal)), SSAO_RADIUS, depth); } return 1.0 - SSAO / SSAO_KERNEL_SIZE; }  

• By MarcusAseth
      I've been following this tutorial -> https://www.3dgep.com/introduction-to-directx-11/#The_Main_Function , did all the steps,and I ended up with the main.cpp you can see below.
      The problem is the call at line 516 
      g_d3dDeviceContext->UpdateSubresource(g_d3dConstantBuffers[CB_Frame], 0, nullptr, &g_ViewMatrix, 0, 0); which is crashing the program, and the very odd thing is that the first time trough it works fine, it crash the app the second time it is called...
      Can someone help me understand why? 😕    I have no idea...
      #include <Direct3D_11PCH.h> //Shaders using namespace DirectX; // Globals //Window const unsigned g_WindowWidth = 1024; const unsigned g_WindowHeight = 768; const char* g_WindowClassName = "DirectXWindowClass"; const char* g_WindowName = "DirectX 11"; HWND g_WinHnd = nullptr; const bool g_EnableVSync = true; //Device and SwapChain ID3D11Device* g_d3dDevice = nullptr; ID3D11DeviceContext* g_d3dDeviceContext = nullptr; IDXGISwapChain* g_d3dSwapChain = nullptr; //RenderTarget view ID3D11RenderTargetView* g_d3dRenderTargerView = nullptr; //DepthStencil view ID3D11DepthStencilView* g_d3dDepthStencilView = nullptr; //Depth Buffer Texture ID3D11Texture2D* g_d3dDepthStencilBuffer = nullptr; // Define the functionality of the depth/stencil stages ID3D11DepthStencilState* g_d3dDepthStencilState = nullptr; // Define the functionality of the rasterizer stage ID3D11RasterizerState* g_d3dRasterizerState = nullptr; D3D11_VIEWPORT g_Viewport{}; //Vertex Buffer data ID3D11InputLayout* g_d3dInputLayout = nullptr; ID3D11Buffer* g_d3dVertexBuffer = nullptr; ID3D11Buffer* g_d3dIndexBuffer = nullptr; //Shader Data ID3D11VertexShader* g_d3dVertexShader = nullptr; ID3D11PixelShader* g_d3dPixelShader = nullptr; //Shader Resources enum ConstantBuffer { CB_Application, CB_Frame, CB_Object, NumConstantBuffers }; ID3D11Buffer* g_d3dConstantBuffers[ConstantBuffer::NumConstantBuffers]; //Demo parameter XMMATRIX g_WorldMatrix; XMMATRIX g_ViewMatrix; XMMATRIX g_ProjectionMatrix; // Vertex data for a colored cube. struct VertexPosColor { XMFLOAT3 Position; XMFLOAT3 Color; }; VertexPosColor g_Vertices[8] = { { XMFLOAT3(-1.0f, -1.0f, -1.0f), XMFLOAT3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f) }, // 0 { XMFLOAT3(-1.0f, 1.0f, -1.0f), XMFLOAT3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f) }, // 1 { XMFLOAT3(1.0f, 1.0f, -1.0f), XMFLOAT3(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f) }, // 2 { XMFLOAT3(1.0f, -1.0f, -1.0f), XMFLOAT3(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f) }, // 3 { XMFLOAT3(-1.0f, -1.0f, 1.0f), XMFLOAT3(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f) }, // 4 { XMFLOAT3(-1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f), XMFLOAT3(0.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f) }, // 5 { XMFLOAT3(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f), XMFLOAT3(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f) }, // 6 { XMFLOAT3(1.0f, -1.0f, 1.0f), XMFLOAT3(1.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f) } // 7 }; WORD g_Indicies[36] = { 0, 1, 2, 0, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5, 4, 7, 6, 4, 5, 1, 4, 1, 0, 3, 2, 6, 3, 6, 7, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2, 4, 0, 3, 4, 3, 7 }; //Forward Declaration LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); bool LoadContent(); int Run(); void Update(float deltaTime); void Clear(const FLOAT clearColor[4], FLOAT clearDepth, UINT8 clearStencil); void Present(bool vSync); void Render(); void CleanUp(); int InitApplication(HINSTANCE hInstance, int cmdShow); int InitDirectX(HINSTANCE hInstance, BOOL vsync); int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR cmd, int cmdShow) { UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER(hPrevInstance); UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER(cmd); // Check for DirectX Math library support. if (!XMVerifyCPUSupport()) { MessageBox(nullptr, TEXT("Failed to verify DirectX Math library support."), nullptr, MB_OK); return -1; } if (InitApplication(hInstance, cmdShow) != 0) { MessageBox(nullptr, TEXT("Failed to create applicaiton window."), nullptr, MB_OK); return -1; } if (InitDirectX(hInstance, g_EnableVSync) != 0) { MessageBox(nullptr, TEXT("Failed to initialize DirectX."), nullptr, MB_OK); CleanUp(); return -1; } if (!LoadContent()) { MessageBox(nullptr, TEXT("Failed to load content."), nullptr, MB_OK); CleanUp(); return -1; } int returnCode = Run(); CleanUp(); return returnCode; } int Run() { MSG msg{}; static DWORD previousTime = timeGetTime(); static const float targetFramerate = 30.0f; static const float maxTimeStep = 1.0f / targetFramerate; while (msg.message != WM_QUIT) { if (PeekMessage(&msg, 0, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE)) { TranslateMessage(&msg); DispatchMessage(&msg); } else { DWORD currentTime = timeGetTime(); float deltaTime = (currentTime - previousTime) / 1000.0f; previousTime = currentTime; deltaTime = std::min<float>(deltaTime, maxTimeStep); Update(deltaTime); Render(); } } return static_cast<int>(msg.wParam); } LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { PAINTSTRUCT paintstruct; HDC hDC; switch (msg) { case WM_PAINT: { hDC = BeginPaint(hwnd, &paintstruct); EndPaint(hwnd, &paintstruct); }break; case WM_DESTROY: { PostQuitMessage(0); }break; default: return DefWindowProc(hwnd, msg, wParam, lParam); break; } return 0; } int InitApplication(HINSTANCE hInstance, int cmdShow) { //Register Window class WNDCLASSEX mainWindow{}; mainWindow.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX); mainWindow.style = CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW; mainWindow.lpfnWndProc = &WindowProc; mainWindow.hInstance = hInstance; mainWindow.hCursor = LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW); mainWindow.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_WINDOW + 1); mainWindow.lpszMenuName = nullptr; mainWindow.lpszClassName = g_WindowClassName; if (!RegisterClassEx(&mainWindow)) { return -1; } RECT client{ 0,0,g_WindowWidth,g_WindowHeight }; AdjustWindowRect(&client, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, false); // Create Window g_WinHnd = CreateWindowEx(NULL, g_WindowClassName, g_WindowName, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_VISIBLE, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, client.right - client.left, client.bottom - client.top, nullptr, nullptr, hInstance, nullptr); if (!g_WinHnd) { return -1; } UpdateWindow(g_WinHnd); return 0; } int InitDirectX(HINSTANCE hInstance, BOOL vsync) { assert(g_WinHnd != nullptr); RECT client{}; GetClientRect(g_WinHnd, &client); unsigned int clientWidth = client.right - client.left; unsigned int clientHeight = client.bottom - client.top; //Direct3D Initialization HRESULT hr{}; //SwapChainDesc DXGI_RATIONAL refreshRate = vsync ? DXGI_RATIONAL{ 1, 60 } : DXGI_RATIONAL{ 0, 1 }; DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC swapChainDesc{}; swapChainDesc.BufferDesc.Width = clientWidth; swapChainDesc.BufferDesc.Height = clientHeight; swapChainDesc.BufferDesc.RefreshRate = refreshRate; swapChainDesc.BufferDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM; swapChainDesc.BufferDesc.Scaling = DXGI_MODE_SCALING_CENTERED; swapChainDesc.SampleDesc.Count = 1; swapChainDesc.SampleDesc.Quality = 0; swapChainDesc.BufferUsage = DXGI_USAGE_RENDER_TARGET_OUTPUT; swapChainDesc.BufferCount = 1; swapChainDesc.OutputWindow = g_WinHnd; swapChainDesc.Windowed = true; swapChainDesc.SwapEffect = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_DISCARD; UINT createDeviceFlags{}; #if _DEBUG createDeviceFlags = D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG; #endif //Feature levels const D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL features[]{ D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0 }; D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL featureLevel; hr = D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain( nullptr, D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_HARDWARE, nullptr, createDeviceFlags, features, _countof(features), D3D11_SDK_VERSION, &swapChainDesc, &g_d3dSwapChain, &g_d3dDevice, &featureLevel, &g_d3dDeviceContext ); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } //Render Target View ID3D11Texture2D* backBuffer; hr = g_d3dSwapChain->GetBuffer(0, __uuidof(ID3D11Texture2D), reinterpret_cast<void**>(&backBuffer)); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateRenderTargetView(backBuffer, nullptr, &g_d3dRenderTargerView); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } SafeRelease(backBuffer); //Depth Stencil View D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC depthStencilBufferDesc{}; depthStencilBufferDesc.Width = clientWidth; depthStencilBufferDesc.Height = clientHeight; depthStencilBufferDesc.MipLevels = 1; depthStencilBufferDesc.ArraySize = 1; depthStencilBufferDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT; depthStencilBufferDesc.SampleDesc.Count = 1; depthStencilBufferDesc.SampleDesc.Quality = 0; depthStencilBufferDesc.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT; depthStencilBufferDesc.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_DEPTH_STENCIL; hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateTexture2D(&depthStencilBufferDesc, nullptr, &g_d3dDepthStencilBuffer); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateDepthStencilView(g_d3dDepthStencilBuffer, nullptr, &g_d3dDepthStencilView); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } //Set States D3D11_DEPTH_STENCIL_DESC depthStencilStateDesc{}; depthStencilStateDesc.DepthEnable = true; depthStencilStateDesc.DepthWriteMask = D3D11_DEPTH_WRITE_MASK_ALL; depthStencilStateDesc.DepthFunc = D3D11_COMPARISON_LESS; depthStencilStateDesc.StencilEnable = false; hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateDepthStencilState(&depthStencilStateDesc, &g_d3dDepthStencilState); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } D3D11_RASTERIZER_DESC rasterizerStateDesc{}; rasterizerStateDesc.FillMode = D3D11_FILL_SOLID; rasterizerStateDesc.CullMode = D3D11_CULL_BACK; rasterizerStateDesc.FrontCounterClockwise = FALSE; rasterizerStateDesc.DepthClipEnable = TRUE; rasterizerStateDesc.ScissorEnable = FALSE;; rasterizerStateDesc.MultisampleEnable = FALSE; hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateRasterizerState(&rasterizerStateDesc, &g_d3dRasterizerState); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } //Set Viewport g_Viewport.Width = static_cast<float>(clientWidth); g_Viewport.Height = static_cast<float>(clientHeight); g_Viewport.TopLeftX = 0.0f; g_Viewport.TopLeftY = 0.0f; g_Viewport.MinDepth = 0.0f; g_Viewport.MaxDepth = 1.0f; return 0; } bool LoadContent() { //Load Shaders HRESULT hr; assert(g_d3dDevice); //VS ID3DBlob* vsBlob = nullptr; D3DReadFileToBlob(L"../Shaders/SimpleVertexShader.cso", &vsBlob); assert(vsBlob); hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateVertexShader(vsBlob->GetBufferPointer(), vsBlob->GetBufferSize(), nullptr, &g_d3dVertexShader); if (FAILED(hr)) { SafeRelease(vsBlob); return false; } //Create VS Input Layout D3D11_INPUT_ELEMENT_DESC vertexLayoutDesc[] = { { "POSITION", 0, DXGI_FORMAT_R32G32B32A32_FLOAT, 0, offsetof(VertexPosColor, Position), D3D11_INPUT_PER_VERTEX_DATA ,0 }, { "COLOR", 0, DXGI_FORMAT_R32G32B32A32_FLOAT, 0, offsetof(VertexPosColor, Color), D3D11_INPUT_PER_VERTEX_DATA ,0 } }; hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateInputLayout(vertexLayoutDesc, _countof(vertexLayoutDesc), vsBlob->GetBufferPointer(), vsBlob->GetBufferSize(), &g_d3dInputLayout); if (FAILED(hr)) { SafeRelease(vsBlob); return false; } SafeRelease(vsBlob); //PS ID3DBlob* psBlob = nullptr; D3DReadFileToBlob(L"../Shaders/SimplePixelShader.cso", &psBlob); assert(psBlob); hr = g_d3dDevice->CreatePixelShader(psBlob->GetBufferPointer(), psBlob->GetBufferSize(), nullptr, &g_d3dPixelShader); SafeRelease(psBlob); if (FAILED(hr)) { return false; } //Load Vertex Buffer D3D11_BUFFER_DESC vertexBufferDesc{}; vertexBufferDesc.ByteWidth = sizeof(VertexPosColor) * _countof(g_Vertices); vertexBufferDesc.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT; vertexBufferDesc.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_VERTEX_BUFFER; D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA resourceData{}; resourceData.pSysMem = g_Vertices; hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateBuffer(&vertexBufferDesc, &resourceData, &g_d3dVertexBuffer); if (FAILED(hr)) { return false; } //Load Index Buffer D3D11_BUFFER_DESC indexBufferDesc{}; indexBufferDesc.ByteWidth = sizeof(WORD) * _countof(g_Indicies); indexBufferDesc.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT; indexBufferDesc.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_INDEX_BUFFER; resourceData.pSysMem = g_Indicies; hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateBuffer(&indexBufferDesc, &resourceData, &g_d3dIndexBuffer); if (FAILED(hr)) { return false; } //Load Constant Buffers D3D11_BUFFER_DESC cBufferDesc{}; cBufferDesc.ByteWidth = sizeof(XMMATRIX); cBufferDesc.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT; cBufferDesc.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_CONSTANT_BUFFER; for (size_t bufferID = 0; bufferID < NumConstantBuffers; bufferID++) { hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateBuffer(&cBufferDesc, nullptr, &g_d3dConstantBuffers[bufferID]); if (FAILED(hr)) { return false; } } //Setup Projection Matrix RECT client{}; GetClientRect(g_WinHnd, &client); float clientWidth = static_cast<float>(client.right - client.left); float clientHeight = static_cast<float>(client.bottom - client.top); g_ProjectionMatrix = DirectX::XMMatrixPerspectiveFovLH(XMConvertToRadians(45.0f), clientWidth / clientHeight, 0.1f, 100.0f); g_d3dDeviceContext->UpdateSubresource(g_d3dConstantBuffers[CB_Application], 0, nullptr, &g_ProjectionMatrix, 0, 0); return true; } void Update(float deltaTime) { XMVECTOR eyePosition = XMVectorSet(0, 0, -10, 1); XMVECTOR focusPoint = XMVectorSet(0, 0, 0, 1); XMVECTOR upDirection = XMVectorSet(0, 1, 0, 0); g_ViewMatrix = DirectX::XMMatrixLookAtLH(eyePosition, focusPoint, upDirection); g_d3dDeviceContext->UpdateSubresource(g_d3dConstantBuffers[CB_Frame], 0, nullptr, &g_ViewMatrix, 0, 0); static float angle = 0.0f; angle += 90.0f * deltaTime; XMVECTOR rotationAxis = XMVectorSet(0, 1, 1, 0); g_WorldMatrix = DirectX::XMMatrixRotationAxis(rotationAxis, XMConvertToRadians(angle)); g_d3dDeviceContext->UpdateSubresource(g_d3dConstantBuffers[CB_Object], 0, nullptr, &g_WorldMatrix, 0, 0); } void Clear(const FLOAT clearColor[4], FLOAT clearDepth, UINT8 clearStencil) { g_d3dDeviceContext->ClearRenderTargetView(g_d3dRenderTargerView, clearColor); g_d3dDeviceContext->ClearDepthStencilView(g_d3dDepthStencilView, D3D11_CLEAR_DEPTH | D3D11_CLEAR_STENCIL, clearDepth, clearStencil); } void Present(bool vSync) { if (vSync) { g_d3dSwapChain->Present(1, 0); } else { g_d3dSwapChain->Present(0, 0); } } void Render() { assert(g_d3dDevice); assert(g_d3dDeviceContext); Clear(Colors::CornflowerBlue, 1.0f, 0); //IA const UINT vertexStride = sizeof(VertexPosColor); const UINT offset = 0; g_d3dDeviceContext->IASetVertexBuffers(0, 1, &g_d3dVertexBuffer, &vertexStride, &offset); g_d3dDeviceContext->IASetInputLayout(g_d3dInputLayout); g_d3dDeviceContext->IASetIndexBuffer(g_d3dIndexBuffer, DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT, 0); g_d3dDeviceContext->IASetPrimitiveTopology(D3D11_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_TRIANGLELIST); //VS g_d3dDeviceContext->VSSetShader(g_d3dVertexShader, nullptr, 0); g_d3dDeviceContext->VSGetConstantBuffers(0, NumConstantBuffers, g_d3dConstantBuffers); //RS g_d3dDeviceContext->RSSetState(g_d3dRasterizerState); g_d3dDeviceContext->RSSetViewports(1, &g_Viewport); //PS g_d3dDeviceContext->PSSetShader(g_d3dPixelShader, nullptr, 0); //OM g_d3dDeviceContext->OMSetRenderTargets(1, &g_d3dRenderTargerView, g_d3dDepthStencilView); g_d3dDeviceContext->OMSetDepthStencilState(g_d3dDepthStencilState, 1); //draw g_d3dDeviceContext->DrawIndexed(_countof(g_Indicies), 0, 0); Present(g_EnableVSync); } void CleanUp() { SafeRelease(g_d3dVertexShader); SafeRelease(g_d3dPixelShader); SafeRelease(g_d3dVertexBuffer); SafeRelease(g_d3dIndexBuffer); SafeRelease(g_d3dInputLayout); SafeRelease(g_d3dDepthStencilBuffer); for (size_t bufferID = 0; bufferID < NumConstantBuffers; bufferID++) { SafeRelease(g_d3dConstantBuffers[bufferID]); } SafeRelease(g_d3dDepthStencilState); SafeRelease(g_d3dRasterizerState); SafeRelease(g_d3dRenderTargerView); SafeRelease(g_d3dDepthStencilView); SafeRelease(g_d3dSwapChain); SafeRelease(g_d3dDeviceContext); SafeRelease(g_d3dDevice); }  
    • By Ike aka Dk
      Hello everyone 
      I am a programmer from Baku.
      I need a 3D Modeller for my shooter project in unity.I have 2 years Unity exp.
      Project will paid when we finish the work 
      If you interested write me on email:
      mr.danilo911@gmail.com
    • By MarcusAseth
      Hi guys, I'm trying to learn this stuff but running into some problems 😕
      I've compiled my .hlsl into a header file which contains the global variable with the precompiled shader data:
      //... // Approximately 83 instruction slots used #endif const BYTE g_vs[] = { 68, 88, 66, 67, 143, 82, 13, 236, 152, 133, 219, 113, 173, 135, 18, 87, 122, 208, 124, 76, 1, 0, 0, 0, 16, 76, 0, 0, 6, 0, //.... And now following the "Compiling at build time to header files" example at this msdn link , I've included the header files in my main.cpp and I'm trying to create the vertex shader like this:
      hr = g_d3dDevice->CreateVertexShader(g_vs, sizeof(g_vs), nullptr, &g_d3dVertexShader); if (FAILED(hr)) { return -1; } and this is failing, entering the if and returing -1.
      Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong? 😕 
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!