• Advertisement
Blue apple

Feedback Shotgun Evolved (2-4 players /top-down shooter)

Hi, I am Blue Apple a novice developer in the group Cute Software, and I'm here to share with you our new game: "Shotgun Evolved", it's a top-down-shooter where you fight your friends (in the same computer) in a 2 to 4 players arena through different maps and game-modes

59ea832cd27cc_cutesoftware1-Copie.png.2b8e46bb2a42110aaad1995ae0e67876.png

-Controls: Every player got 6 keys (on the keyboard or on the controller), 2 to turn right or left, 2 to walk forward or backward, 1 to shoot and 1 to interact with objects, they are a bit hard to get used to, but this gives you an excuse for losing every time :P

59ea833ad7659_menu1280.png.11085e57627f3396031fcd0f82b14472.png

-Game-play: The goal is simple, "fight until the other players lose all their lives", you can lose a life in different ways depending on the game-mode (being killed, an opponent capturing an outpost...)

59ea833623057_game1280.png.f914a766c89667249adad382054a47e4.png

-Items : There are 3 items, the 'up' item that is thrown by the players when they die which upgrades your shotgun, the 'heal' item that is dropped by bots(pirates,skeletons...) which heals you, and the 'life' item that spawns somewhere on the map every 10 s which gives you an extra life

types.png.47d6dc973be28bb55882836b4a8b14f0.png

-Extra : You can change some settings before starting, like the number of lives, the speed of capture, deactivate players'names/objects/bots and activate "hyper speed" which makes everything two times faster

59ea833fcad31_select1280.png.7416027eeae4497e3ed45edba5d4c374.png

Downloads (Windows installer):
-Alpha 0.1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/437o7jap91g8lsp/Shotgun_Evolved__Alpha_0.1.1.exe

Music by "Yahya" :
-His youtube-channel : "Yaya drops", https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmahZvO-m3b2Ib5318SmUHA
-The game-menu's music : "Andy",

" rel="external">

Follow us on:
-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cute-Software-825245600984214/
-Twitter: https://twitter.com/0_Blue_Apple_0
-YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSheG2hkyuo3CF6PI-Ucgpg
-Web site: https://themixios.wixsite.com/cutesoftware

And that's all, don't forget to give your opinion and report the bugs, have fun ! :D

Edited by Blue apple

Advertisement

Alpha 0.1.0 change-log :

-Update of menu’s graphics and interface

-Credits added

-Controls changed and add of a « use button »

-Possibility to change your character’s name and color

-Classic death-match mode got only 1 extra life spawning somewhere on the map now

-New domination mode added : 5 lives but the only way to lose a life is to get killed by a global attack that is launched when someone capture an outpost

-Old graveyard map changed to the new ‘‘pirate map’’ with activable cannons and neutral soliders spawning in the middle of the map, they focus the nearest player and drop a heal when they die 

-Randomly spawning heal and extra lives removed

-0.25s reloading time for shotguns added

-Spawn-points are random now

-Escape button returns you to main menu instead of closing the game

-Game’s music changed

-New sound-effects for nearly everything

-Software’s size decreased from 100Mo to 50Mo

-The game uses « Gamemaker studio » as Game engine instead of « Gamemaker 8.0 »

-Some bug fixe :

*Player 2 used to don’t respawn if a bullet was in his spawn point

*Game’s music used to stop after a short time

*Items used to randomly desapear

*Some colision problems used to make players not able to move

*Some crash issues

Edited by Blue apple

Alpha 0.1.1 change-log: (an update more focused in the options of the game)
-game's optimatisation (it uses less memory and its size is smaller)
-improved some textures
-"credits" button added with more precise credits and links to all CuteSoftware's social networks and yahya's youtube channel
-"chose map" button added(it's gonna be usefull when more maps will be added)
-intro with the group's logo "Cute software" added
-the game's version now appear under the title
-added options to :
*make npcs appear(bots) or not
*make activable objects appear or not
*make players'names appear or not
*change number of lives 1-->5
*change capture speed 5s or 10s
-new game-option "hyper speed" , when toggled on , time runs 2 times faster(walking , bullets even capturing)
-added a button to switch from full screen mode to window mode , also possible with pressing 'f4'
-pressing 'escape button' once pause the game
-pressing 'escape button' twice takes you to the menu
-added loading times when you enter an arena to makes the game use less CPU (but a bit more RAM is needed)
-arena's options no longer return to default when you return to menu
-added 2 buttons to turn off or on music and soundfx , also possible with 'F5' and 'F6'
-You can now play with controllers (xbox 360 , xbox one , ps3 and any other Xinput controller)
-You can now change controls
-all versions will be on a windows-installer format(you should uninstall the previous version before installing a new one)
-added a "more" button that takes you to a screen where you see the "help section", change-logs of all versions and can be redirected to the main-forum-thread or to my website
-now there is a website for the group where you can send me emails https://themixios.wixsite.com/cutesoftware , it will be more useful in futur :D
-The game's size decreased from 50Mo to 12 Mo

Some bug-fixes : 
-the left_bottom cannon was moved a little bit to the right to make sure its canon-balls don't hit the left solider anymore
-the bullets now spawn on the shotguns's edge instead of spawning near it which made you sometimes shoot yourself...
-bullets dispear 1s after quitting the screen instead of being destroyed when they reach the screen-border
-players can reach the screen's border instead of being blocked 10 pixels before
-more crash issues :P

Next update (alpha 0.1.2) is going to be full focused on gameplay rework , so i hope you'll enjoy it :D

Edited by Blue apple

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By RoKabium Games
      Been a bit quiet recently, but we've been busy bug fixing and tweaking things... Now we have lots more 'Particle effects' in the game, specifically here the Flamethrower and Enemy attacks!
    • By Gezu
      Hi,
      I'm working on Warriorb for about 2,5 years now and recently we made a playable version of the first part of the game. There are still some elements missing (mostly vfx and sfx) but most of it is close to final.
      I would love to hear what do you think about our game so far. Any critique, feedback, idea or tip is appreciated.
      If you are interested send me a pm and I will give you a steam key for the game.
      I'm eager to receive your feedback:
      Gézu
    • By MarcusAseth
      Hi guys, I'm having a problem rendering with DWrite, and I don't understand why, can you help me figure it out?
      As you can see in the image below, if you look carefully you'll notice that the top of R8 is cut (missing 1 row of pixels), the bottom of R11 is cut again, the 4 in R14 is rendered weird compared to the 4 in R4 and so on, if you look closely you'll spot more yourself.
      I can't figure out why 😕
      Under the image I'll also leave the code, in case I'm doing something wrong like with type conversion or stuff. Any help is much appreciated

#include "GBAEmulator_PCH.h" #include "Disassembler.h" #include "GBAEmulator.h" Disassembler::Disassembler(LONG width, LONG height, HINSTANCE hInstance, GBAEmulator* emuInstance) : D2DWindowBase(width, height, hInstance, emuInstance), m_background(0.156f, 0.087f, 0.16f, 1.f), m_textFormat{ nullptr } { //Init Window std::string className = "Disassembler"; std::string windowName = "Disassembler"; WNDCLASSEX clientClass{}; clientClass.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX); clientClass.style = CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW; clientClass.lpfnWndProc = GBAEmulator::DisassemblerWinProc; clientClass.hInstance = m_hInstance; //clientClass.hIcon =; TODO: Add Icon clientClass.hCursor = LoadCursor(m_hInstance, IDC_ARROW); clientClass.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_BACKGROUND + 1); clientClass.lpszClassName = className.c_str(); //clientClass.hIconSm =; TODO: Add Icon DWORD windowStyle = WS_VISIBLE | WS_CAPTION | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_TABSTOP | WS_SYSMENU; m_isValid = InitWindow(windowName, clientClass, windowStyle, false); //Init DWrite if (m_isValid) m_isValid = InitDWrite(); std::vector<std::wstring> tempEntries{ L"PC: ", L"R0: ", L"R1: ", L"R2: ", L"R3: ", L"R4: ", L"R5: ", L"R6: ", L"R7: ", L"R8: ", L"R9: ", L"R10: ", L"R11: ", L"R12: ", L"R13: ", L"R14: ", L"R15: ", L"R16: " }; std::wstring value = L"-UNDEFINED-"; FLOAT left{}, top{}, right{ 300.f }, bottom{ 50.f }; for (auto& s : tempEntries) { m_entries.emplace_back(TextEntry{ s, value, D2D1_RECT_F{ left, top, right, bottom} }); top += 30.f; bottom += 30.f; } } bool Disassembler::InitDWrite() { //Set Text Format HRESULT hr; hr = m_DWriteFactory->CreateTextFormat( L"consolas", NULL, DWRITE_FONT_WEIGHT_NORMAL, DWRITE_FONT_STYLE_NORMAL, DWRITE_FONT_STRETCH_NORMAL, 22.f, L"en-US", &m_textFormat ); if (FAILED(hr)) { MessageBox(NULL, "Failed to create TextFormat", "Error", MB_OK); return false; } //Set Colors m_renderTarget->CreateSolidColorBrush( D2D1::ColorF(D2D1::ColorF::SkyBlue), &m_fillBrush1 ); m_renderTarget->CreateSolidColorBrush( D2D1::ColorF(D2D1::ColorF::Crimson), &m_fillBrush2 ); return true; } Disassembler::~Disassembler() { DestroyWindow(m_hwnd); if (m_textFormat) m_textFormat->Release(); if (m_fillBrush1) m_fillBrush1->Release(); if (m_fillBrush2) m_fillBrush2->Release(); } void Disassembler::Updade(float deltaTime) { } void Disassembler::Draw() { m_renderTarget->BeginDraw(); m_renderTarget->Clear(m_background); for (auto& entry : m_entries) { DrawEntryWithShadow(entry); } m_renderTarget->EndDraw(); } void Disassembler::DrawEntryWithShadow(const TextEntry& entry) { //shadow offset D2D1_RECT_F shadowPos = entry.position; shadowPos.top += 1.05f; shadowPos.left -= 0.95f; //draw text DrawEntry(entry.text, shadowPos, m_fillBrush2); DrawEntry(entry.text, entry.position, m_fillBrush1); D2D1_RECT_F valuePos = entry.position; FLOAT valueOffset = 50.f; valuePos.left += valueOffset; valuePos.right += valueOffset; shadowPos.left += valueOffset; shadowPos.right += valueOffset; //draw value DrawEntry(entry.value, shadowPos, m_fillBrush2); DrawEntry(entry.value, valuePos, m_fillBrush1); } void Disassembler::DrawEntry(const std::wstring& text, const D2D1_RECT_F& pos, ID2D1SolidColorBrush* brush) { m_renderTarget->DrawTextA( text.c_str(), static_cast<UINT>(text.size()), m_textFormat, pos, brush, D2D1_DRAW_TEXT_OPTIONS_NONE ); }  
    • By Catalin Danciu
      Hello,
      In the hopes that my thread is not off-topic or offensive in any way, I dare to ask the following "noob" question:
      what would be the correct way to create sprite animations from 2D *.bmp files?
      I have for reference the 2001 game  Desperados:Wanted Dead or Alive.
      with the help of some tools i found , I was able to extract files containing what seems to be animation frames and frame shadow masks for animating a horse.
      Attached are the archived assets.
      My goal is to recreate the demo level of the game using Unity, for educational purposes.
      I have started by loading the background map layer (also a large bmp file), and next step is to load a 2d character object and animate on the perspective.

Horse_Brown.rar
    • By Alberto Muratore
      Hello, my name is Alberto Muratore and I'm a young game developer specialized in programming.

Last summer I finished working on Abstract Arena, my first completed project published on Steam. During the development, lasted more than 1 year, I created every aspect of the game except for the audio sector. I previoulsy joined small competitions and had collaborations within the amateur scene, since I started having fun with game development when I was a kid. In the recent months I also started writing videogames reviews for a english-italian website about indie games.

Abstract Arena Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/678230/Abstract_Arena/
      Abstract Arena website: http://www.abstractarena.com/

I'm currently offering my skills as freelancer in the role of programmer: what I'm searching for is a project that only lacks of the coding part. I'm very good at using the GameMaker: Studio engine, and I already own a license to export on Android platform. I can write code for any genre of 2D games, and I already have experience with the peculiarities of the Android platform (multiple touch controls, accelerometer). I will be able to start working full time only during September, so be aware of that.

The plan is the following:
      1 - you have an idea about your next project (2D game of any kind, for Windows and/or Android platform),
      2 - you (or your team) create all of the graphics and audio resources,
      3 - I write the whole code for the game (gameplay, menus and anything within the game) putting everything togheter [during September],
      4 - if you like my work you can choose how much to pay for it, and you (or your team) keep the rights to sell the game without sharing any percentage with me.

Thank you for reading my announcement
      If you have any question, please write me at the following address: albertomurat@gmail.com
    • By N Drew
      I am working on a 2D SideScroller game in my own made game engine using SFML and C++.I am searching for 2D artists,especially pixel artist for making and animating characters,backgrounds and other props that can be made in any Drawing Program.The artist will become part of the team of Hammer Studios and he got a part of the Revenue Sharing.If you are interested send me a mail at:ghiurcutaandrei@gmail.com .If you are not an artist but you want to be a part of our Team,Soon we will be recruiting an C++ AI programmers that worked in SFML/OpenGL.
      We work together using Discord.

• By Ds ds
      Hi, my name is Andres, I'm a programmer with a technician degree and a Diploma in C#, looking for a project in Unity to start my career in game development. I don't do it for a paid but a recognition and start a portfolio, preferably a 2D game. Thanks for read, have a nice day. 

• By Doommy
      If someone could assist me through this I would be really grateful. I'm using SharpDX/C#/WinForms but I think this could more apply to directx in general.
      I'm very new to graphics programming and I'm really just trying to do something as simple as displaying a rectangle to the screen.
      Here is my issue:
      I have the below code:
      ----------------------------------------------------------
       var desc = new SwapChainDescription()
                  {
                      BufferCount         = 1,
                      ModeDescription     = new ModeDescription(1024, 768, new Rational(60, 1), Format.R8G8B8A8_UNorm),
                      IsWindowed          = false,
                      OutputHandle        = form.Handle,
                      SampleDescription   = new SampleDescription(1, 0),
                      SwapEffect          = SwapEffect.Discard,
                      Usage               = Usage.RenderTargetOutput
                  };
      I'm not sure if the window is loading in full screen. Actually to make it go full screen I actually have to set the forms property to: this.WindowState        = FormWindowState.Maximized; but that only seems lke Im using a C# code to maximize the form. For instance if I don't set the form to maximize, the form loads at the original size if IsWindowed is set to false. I recall with directx programing using dx7, when I set full screen you could actually see what looked like a display resolution change. I'm not seeing that. It pretty much looks like the form is loaded at the same size as the screen and not the value I provide in modeDescription. This is not what I want as well because I want to set the display to 1024x768 to avoid stretching of my graphics in wide screens.
      Can someone help me make sense of this please.
    • By bartekm777
      Hello
      About me
      Lvl 28   Programmer (day job: non-gamedev-programmer, making games as a hobby for about 2 years) Some vector art experience - tried to make some assets on my own using vector software and scripts   Some design experience (designing my own games ) About game
      Turn-based fantasy rpg inspired by games like Heroes 3 (also WoG mod), NEO Scavenger, Battle Brothers I would like to create easy to use editor for creating custom scenarios (similar to the one from Heroes 3) World and story are clean slate, I did some drafts but I'm not good at it so it's possibly subject to change I decided to create graphics using vector software + scripts to make it faster (rpg's tend to have lots of assets), also it's more precise and easier to create tileable graphics (for example: rivers, paths) No sound/music work has been done yet Who do I look for?
      Definitely someone with 2d art skills  I would like to focus more on programming 2D animator (skletal animations are preferred) Additional programmer could make development faster Someone for creating sounds/music/both It's a hobby project, I work on it in my free time. In case the project make it to the finish line and get shipped  - I can offer rev-share  
      Below should be few screens of what I already did (about 2 months of work) - some graphics, editor prototype screenshot and game prototype screenshot

• By Yotingo
      With the games your making, what do you fear most?
      Is it not making any money, never finishing, releasing something broken?
      Personally, I am most afraid of releasing something that no one cares about. I would rather make something that everyone hates with a passion, because at least there is passion. If a player feels absolutely nothing or doesn't even care to look, I feel like I failed.
      What does everyone here think?
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!