• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Angelic Ice
      I'm actually an intense user of Lua for scripting-related events, but there is one thing that bothers me a lot: Serialising an in action scene.
      Let's take a dialogue-system as an example. In Lua, I see these often realised via co-routines, and did that myself quite often, but it's a difficult act to serialise the exact state. I know about serialisers like Pluto, but those are not really clean solutions, a change in the Lua-version etc. and suddenly the behaviour is anything but defined. I don't think I would want to serialise the raw content of Lua's stack etc.
      This concludes to my question: How are these systems serialised?
      Using a state-machine could be one thing, but I fear that writing such code might be difficult for casual scripter that want to modify the game a bit on their own - being an inherent reason of me picking Lua, as it is simple to understand and learn.
      Any solutions to this? I would love to see implementations, prototypes, or articles of any measure. Maybe there is a different simple scripting-language that solves this better?
      Thanks for your time.
    • By Garret Thomson
      Hey all,
      I just wanted to share a VS extension. It's useful for other people who are debugging multiple processes (aka server, player1, player2) with breakpoints that will break across those processes. It just puts up a (user defined sized) label in your window telling you which process the debugger dropped into. It's simple, but useful for rapid fire debugging for multiple processes to make it obvious that process you broke in. Just put some cookie text in your command lines and configure it from View -> Other Windows -> Process Hint.
      Feedback or questions welcome.
    • By Alex Snyder
      What exactly would a gameplay programmer do within a firm? As I look at job postings to get a better idea it seems that they're largely responsible for laying the foundation code for the game. That is to say that they're in charge of making the inventory and weapons systems work. Then someone else would step in and flush it out with all the weapons the game is supposed to have and a third person would step in to make it look pretty. Naturally the programmer would have to maintain, update, and fix these systems as they grew, but most of the work is in lying the foundation upon which everything else is built. Is this a relatively decent understanding of the overarching job role or am I fiercely underestimating it?
    • By drcrack
      It is a combination of fundamental RPG elements and challenging, session-based MOBA elements. Having features such as creating your unique build, customizing your outfit and preparing synergic team compositions with friends, players can brave dangerous adventures or merciless arena fights against deadly creatures and skilled players alike.

This time with no grinding and no pay to win features.

We're still looking for:
      1) 3D Character Artist
      2) 3D Environment Artist
      3) Animator
      4) Sound Designer
      5) VFX Artist

Discord https://discord.gg/zXpY29V or drcrack#4575
    • By MadeWithRealLemons
      Hello all, I'm pretty new to programming and game development but I'm currently studying computer science at FSU and am just working on a project on that side that I hope to put on my resume one day... Any and all advice would be welcome!  I made a quick, shitty, little dev vlog where I just spliced a few of the features I've added into a single video.
      Please leave a comment if you have any words of encouragement or advice!  
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Feedback - Run on the Bank retro shooter for Android

Salutations to the gamedev.net community!

This is Russell Davis with Reject Force Entertainment, we have been working on a simple side scrolling shooter for mobile devices, currently Android is our targeted platform, we released our game early access  of our game on Google Play but we are looking for some feedback on our game. Our game is a simple throwback to retro style gaming but we styled it with an arcade touch screen game pad to give it a retro feel. Our game is about a eccentric rich man who lost all his money in a unique accident and must now scour the globe to get his money back while battling the peasantry who wish to take his funds. We have two worlds available with more being developed. Tell us what you think we would greatly appreciate it.

Google Play

• Advertisement