• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Eimantas Gabrielius
      Hi there,

Thinking about improving strategy/survival web/app based game with some action in it. Because leveling up the infrastructure, gathering resources, etc, is getting bored. To be more specific it's a survival game, based on astronomy, trying to save planet, etc.
      So the "fighting" model doesn't fit here, because there are no dragons on the planets :))) Either its a co-op based, so PvP also doesn't fit.
      Thinking about some puzzles solving at some point of game or turn-based/event-based dissasters handling... Stuck there
      What do you think ?
    • By WolfWin
      Happy Thursday!
      Looking for some recommendations for apps that help plan/organize classes and methods for a project (something like xmind but for programming). Also Looking for good app beyond GitHub for project coordination.

Thanks in advance :3

• By Mercury Gate
      I have an idea about a modern-day war game, where players build up their base and attack other players. What I was unsure of was if a game like that needs a back story, a reason why everyone is fighting each other.
      So what do you think? Should a game with base building and PVP need a backstory? If so, what are some appealing ideas?
      Why is the world at world? How do new players coming into the game change the story at hand? If at all?
      Will there ever be a single victor? If so, what happens then?
      Let us have a discussion...
    • By blancaster45
      Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/652410/Brigand_Oaxaca/
      Gameplay Video:
      Brigand is a highly-challenging FPS/RPG set in post-apocalyptic Mexico, where you can travel from a banana plantation, to a sprawling city, demon-infested jungles, a flooded coastline, and more, all of which will take around 80 hours to complete. There are 14 skills to upgrade and 80 abilities to unlock.
      What sets this game apart, however, is the complex story and freedom of action. There are no invisible walls, and you can steal anything and kill anybody. The story branches off in countless directions involving unique characters that are just as vulnerable as any baddie, allowing for maximum replayability.
      There is also a world editor, allowing players to make user-generated content like mods or completely new stories.
    • By QueenSvetlana
      I came across this blog by Eric Lippert, in it he describes a common problem:
      A wizard is a kind of player. A warrior is a kind of player. A staff is a kind of weapon. A sword is a kind of weapon. A player has a weapon. With the following conditions:
      A warrior can only use a sword. A wizard can only use a staff. To solve the problem he suggests the implementation of a Rule class that enforces the above rules.  Quote:
      I attempted to try this, but I ran into a problem.
      public final class GameRules { public static boolean verifyifwizardcancarry(Weapon weapon){ boolean canCarry = false if weapon is a a staff set canCarry to true return canCarry; } } public abstract class Player{ private List<Weapon> weapons; // constructor and OOP goodness left out public abstract void add(Weapon weapon); } public final class Wizard extends Player{ @Override public void add(Weapon weapon){ if(GameRules.verifyifwizardcancarry(weapon){ // - code to add weapon to inventory } } } How can I verify that the Weapon being passed to the GameRules class is in fact a Sword? From reading, the use of instanceof or getClass() is considered code smell.
      You could trust the developer of the Sword class to declare a parameter that states it's a Sword, for example, an enum, WeaponType.Sword, and Sword could implement a method called verify and you pass that enum in and it returns true if it's a sword, false if it isn't or call a getter that returns the enum value.
      Using what is stated in the blog, how would you solve this in a reliable way?
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Critic my new Android game

Hello, I'm new here, please try my Android game and give me feedback about the concept and graphics :) I did everything from scratch and used Gimp + Blender for the graphics, so please tell me if it is cool or it needs to be polished more

link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovgames.tinyspinner

Edited by ouss23
mentioned used softwares

It's hard enough for novice. But it's not really problem of game :). Actually it's was fun.

But I'm was little annoyed from absence of button "repeat" right after game over. It's spoil a "flow" a little  

Edited by Paul Velixar

Vladimir : Thank you, I used Unity3D but the movement are not done with rigidbodies, I created a custom collision script based on geometric ideas.

Black : Thanks bro

Paul : Some of my friends told me the same thing about difficulty, I'll try to improve it a little. I'll think about replay button too, thank you :)

Imas : Just play a little you'll start to get familiar with the controls :D

Thank you guys, please leave a 5 stars rating if you can so as other people can easily find it in the store

"I created a custom collision script based" - Respect.
"I used Unity3D" - Ugliness.
26 Mb - Idiocy.
But +5 on play market.

The concept is nothing novel, but the steampunk-y thematic is charming and the aesthetics are good! Unfortunately, you need to make your game more emotional if you want to make it really sell. Emotion is what sells on the market and your game doesn't have much of any. But it's a great start!