• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Eimantas Gabrielius
      Hi there,

Thinking about improving strategy/survival web/app based game with some action in it. Because leveling up the infrastructure, gathering resources, etc, is getting bored. To be more specific it's a survival game, based on astronomy, trying to save planet, etc.
      So the "fighting" model doesn't fit here, because there are no dragons on the planets :))) Either its a co-op based, so PvP also doesn't fit.
      Thinking about some puzzles solving at some point of game or turn-based/event-based dissasters handling... Stuck there
      What do you think ?
    • By WolfWin
      Happy Thursday!
      Looking for some recommendations for apps that help plan/organize classes and methods for a project (something like xmind but for programming). Also Looking for good app beyond GitHub for project coordination.

Thanks in advance :3

• By Mercury Gate
      I have an idea about a modern-day war game, where players build up their base and attack other players. What I was unsure of was if a game like that needs a back story, a reason why everyone is fighting each other.
      So what do you think? Should a game with base building and PVP need a backstory? If so, what are some appealing ideas?
      Why is the world at world? How do new players coming into the game change the story at hand? If at all?
      Will there ever be a single victor? If so, what happens then?
      Let us have a discussion...
    • By blancaster45
      Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/652410/Brigand_Oaxaca/
      Gameplay Video:
      Brigand is a highly-challenging FPS/RPG set in post-apocalyptic Mexico, where you can travel from a banana plantation, to a sprawling city, demon-infested jungles, a flooded coastline, and more, all of which will take around 80 hours to complete. There are 14 skills to upgrade and 80 abilities to unlock.
      What sets this game apart, however, is the complex story and freedom of action. There are no invisible walls, and you can steal anything and kill anybody. The story branches off in countless directions involving unique characters that are just as vulnerable as any baddie, allowing for maximum replayability.
      There is also a world editor, allowing players to make user-generated content like mods or completely new stories.
    • By QueenSvetlana
      I came across this blog by Eric Lippert, in it he describes a common problem:
      A wizard is a kind of player. A warrior is a kind of player. A staff is a kind of weapon. A sword is a kind of weapon. A player has a weapon. With the following conditions:
      A warrior can only use a sword. A wizard can only use a staff. To solve the problem he suggests the implementation of a Rule class that enforces the above rules.  Quote:
      I attempted to try this, but I ran into a problem.
      public final class GameRules { public static boolean verifyifwizardcancarry(Weapon weapon){ boolean canCarry = false if weapon is a a staff set canCarry to true return canCarry; } } public abstract class Player{ private List<Weapon> weapons; // constructor and OOP goodness left out public abstract void add(Weapon weapon); } public final class Wizard extends Player{ @Override public void add(Weapon weapon){ if(GameRules.verifyifwizardcancarry(weapon){ // - code to add weapon to inventory } } } How can I verify that the Weapon being passed to the GameRules class is in fact a Sword? From reading, the use of instanceof or getClass() is considered code smell.
      You could trust the developer of the Sword class to declare a parameter that states it's a Sword, for example, an enum, WeaponType.Sword, and Sword could implement a method called verify and you pass that enum in and it returns true if it's a sword, false if it isn't or call a getter that returns the enum value.
      Using what is stated in the blog, how would you solve this in a reliable way?
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Visual Novel Project

Hello! I am looking for people willing to collaborate with me on any number of visual novel ideas I have. I have created the writing process for a few of them and would share the plot, characters, overall concept (etc.) of each one prior to making a joint decision. I'd also be willing to work on other people's visual novel idea! I have Tyrano Builder, which I know how to use (minus getting fancy with coding) and can help with the writing. I am looking for artists (character, background, etc). and anyone who may have more experience with visual novel programs and coding.

I apologize for purposely keeping it vague, but my intention is to not put up any ideas so that people who join the team can decide on which story idea they like more, but I do have plenty of details for each one. I would love to form a team of people who love visual novels and want to create one together! 

Hey there. Are you still looking for people to work with? I do have some story ideas that I've been playing around with for some time now but I've always felt like being part of a team might be a better option. However, I'm not experienced in game creation, I just have my ideas and my imagination and the desire to make something out of them, I guess. Let me know if you're interested.

A good tool to start.

You can find the background yourself.

Only the artist of the characters and the music will be needed.

You'll find music in open sources.

Create a game so far without characters. To have something to show.

Gradually look for the artist.

PS. Do not be afraid to share information about the project. Those who are not interested will pass by. Those who are interested to offer help. During these years, only one person tried to steal the idea. And he threw the implementation halfway. At the same time, no one will want to work with a person who does not even want to share information. You ask for help ... You are taking the first steps to get people to believe in you and your idea. Write the documentation, create a game and share it with others if you want to find help and people who want to help you.