• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By ANIO chan
      Hi, I'm new here and would like to get some help in what i should do first when designing a game? What would you consider to be the best steps to begin designing my game? Give resources with it as well please.
    • By lucky6969b
      How do you handle situations where the physics engine produces a 129x129 height field which results in 2M vertexes for every frame. The frame rate suffers a lot, and drops to 2-3 fps.
      Is there a way to reduce the traffic or burden over the graphics card? Is the technique of LOD and progressive mesh still apply?
    • By KarimIO
      Hey guys! Two questions:
      1) Is there a benefit to Vulkan and DirectX's Shader State for the Constant/Uniform Buffer? In these APIs, and NOT in OpenGL, you must set which shader is going to take each buffer. Why is this? For allowing more slots?
      2) I'm building an wrapper over these graphics APIs, and was wondering how to handle passing parameters. In addition, I used my own json format to describe material formats and shader formats. In this, I can describe which shaders get what uniform buffers. I was thinking of moving to support ShaderLab (Unity's shader format) instead, as this would allow people to jump over easily enough and ease up the learning curve. But ShaderLab does not support multiple Uniform Buffers at all, as I can tell, let alone what parameters go where. 
      So to fix this, I was just going to send all Uniform Buffers to all shaders. Is this that big of a problem?
      3) Do you have any references on how to organize material uniform buffers? I may be optimizing too early, but I've seen people say what a toll this can take.
    • By stale
      I've just started learning about tessellation from Frank Luna's DX11 book. I'm getting some very weird behavior when I try to render a tessellated quad patch if I also render a mesh in the same frame. The tessellated quad patch renders just fine if it's the only thing I'm rendering. This is pictured below:
      However, when I attempt to render the same tessellated quad patch along with the other entities in the scene (which are simple triangle-lists), I get the following error:

I have no idea why this is happening, and google searches have given me no leads at all. I use the following code to render the tessellated quad patch:
      ID3D11DeviceContext* dc = GetGFXDeviceContext(); dc->IASetPrimitiveTopology(D3D11_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_4_CONTROL_POINT_PATCHLIST); dc->IASetInputLayout(ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->m_InputLayout); float blendFactors[] = { 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f }; // only used with D3D11_BLEND_BLEND_FACTOR dc->RSSetState(m_rasterizerStates[RSWIREFRAME]); dc->OMSetBlendState(m_blendStates[BSNOBLEND], blendFactors, 0xffffffff); dc->OMSetDepthStencilState(m_depthStencilStates[DSDEFAULT], 0); ID3DX11EffectTechnique* activeTech = ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->Tech; D3DX11_TECHNIQUE_DESC techDesc; activeTech->GetDesc(&techDesc); for (unsigned int p = 0; p < techDesc.Passes; p++) { TerrainVisual* terrainVisual = (TerrainVisual*)entity->m_VisualComponent; UINT stride = sizeof(TerrainVertex); UINT offset = 0; GetGFXDeviceContext()->IASetVertexBuffers(0, 1, &terrainVisual->m_VB, &stride, &offset); Vector3 eyePos = Vector3(cam->m_position); Matrix rotation = Matrix::CreateFromYawPitchRoll(entity->m_rotationEuler.x, entity->m_rotationEuler.y, entity->m_rotationEuler.z); Matrix model = rotation * Matrix::CreateTranslation(entity->m_position); Matrix view = cam->GetLookAtMatrix(); Matrix MVP = model * view * m_ProjectionMatrix; ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->SetEyePosW(eyePos); ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->SetWorld(model); ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->SetWorldViewProj(MVP); activeTech->GetPassByIndex(p)->Apply(0, GetGFXDeviceContext()); GetGFXDeviceContext()->Draw(4, 0); } dc->RSSetState(0); dc->OMSetBlendState(0, blendFactors, 0xffffffff); dc->OMSetDepthStencilState(0, 0); I draw my scene by looping through the list of entities and calling the associated draw method depending on the entity's "visual type":
      for (unsigned int i = 0; i < scene->GetEntityList()->size(); i++) { Entity* entity = scene->GetEntityList()->at(i); if (entity->m_VisualComponent->m_visualType == VisualType::MESH) DrawMeshEntity(entity, cam, sun, point); else if (entity->m_VisualComponent->m_visualType == VisualType::BILLBOARD) DrawBillboardEntity(entity, cam, sun, point); else if (entity->m_VisualComponent->m_visualType == VisualType::TERRAIN) DrawTerrainEntity(entity, cam); } HR(m_swapChain->Present(0, 0)); Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Wanted]3D Sci-fi RPG seeking Multiple Talents.

INT wallpaper600x339

We are an indie game studio consisted of professional and friendly people. We are a team of skilled artists and dedicated indie enthusiasts. Our current project is INT, developed on Unity Engine 5 for platforms Windows, Linux, and Mac.

INT is a 3D Sci-fi RPG with a strong emphasis on story, role playing, and innovative RPG features such as randomized companions. The focus is on the journey through a war-torn world with fast-paced combat against hordes of enemies. The player must accomplish quests like a traditional RPG, complete objectives, and meet lively crew members who will aid in the player's survival. Throughout the game you can side and complete missions through criminal cartels, and the two major combatants, the UCE and ACP, of the Interstellar Civil War.

Please note that all of our current positions are remote work. You will not be required to travel. Please click the links below for more detail on each open position.

Level Editor

Unity Programmer

Animations Rigger

Website Administrator

PR Manager

This is a great opportunity to get into the game development industry. Being an Indie team we do not have the creative restrictions often imposed by publishers or other third parties. We are extremely conscientious of our work and continuously uphold a high level of quality throughout our project.

We are unable to offer wages or per-item payments at this time. However revenue-sharing from crowd-funding is offered to team members who contribute 15-20 hours per week to company projects, as well as maintain constant communication and adhere to deadlines. Currently the crowd-funding campaign is scheduled for the year 2018. Your understanding is dearly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time, we look forward to hear back from you!

John Shen
HR Lead
Starboard Games LLC