• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

3D Adding Prerotations to game objects

This topic is 396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I was modelling the truck, the cab must face towards me, that is positive +z,  which makes the object having a negative z vertex positions because the truck has to be animated moving forwards. When rendering a navigation mesh on it, I would like to use to have the mesh having all positive z positions. the problem is mine because my pathfinder isn't able to look up nodes locally that is in negative range. Therefore, when I render the navigation mesh, I'll give a pre-rotation on the geometry and the navigation mesh has positive z, but now the geometry and the navigation mesh is 180 degrees of out each other.

As I am rendering on frame level for the truck, I want to do prerotations on the frames too. but when I multiply the prerotation matrix (with no translations) with the transformation matrix of the frame, things getting bizzard. I just cannot control it because the pivot of each frames is not predefined.... how do I prerotate the frame hierarchy?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!