[Volunteer/Revshare] Artists and Programmers Needed [UE4]

Finally, after years of prep, we've moved on from Half-Life mods, and came back full circle after the success of our first two titles. Now, while our last title is preparing for its debut on steam, we've started diving into our first standalone on the beautiful and glorious Unreal Engine.

Background:

“Half-Rats” or, for now, “Project MOPAT” will be a story-driven, cinematic first-person shooter, taking place in America in 1887. It will feature light RPG elements. It will follow the tale of “Half-Rats”, a cynical, bitter protagonist who’s led a rough and tumble life, and has a history rife with traumatic events - along with a drinking problem. After a falling-out, his estranged brother has gone missing, and Half-Rats is compelled by familial love, and the promise of one last chance at a decent life, to find him and rekindle their relationship. Little does Half-Rats know, the truth he’s about to uncover is an ugly one, and that the otherworldly agency behind it all is far uglier, and more insidious than anything he could have imagined - and it’s got big plans. The game will start off as an action/adventure, work its way into a paranormal investigative thriller, and finally end as a supernatural horror experience.

Link to IndieDb Page: http://www.moddb.com/games/half-rats

Engine:
Unreal Engine 4

Requirements:

You MUST be willing and fully able to spend at least 10-20 hours per week on this project. If you have any doubts about this, please do not apply.

Required Skills:

Artists:

3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Hi-poly/Low-poly, Retopo, Proper Geo, UE4 Substance Plugins.

Programmers:

C++ (Unreal API), a little C#, Blackboard/Behavior Tree, Blueprints

Recommended Human Skills:
Willingness to learn, dedication to goal, great work ethic.

Workflow/Style:
PBR, Realistic Shaders, Period-style assets (1880s) As well as some fantasy Steampunk/Supernatural Elements

We are looking for:

Texture Artists

3D Character Artists

3D Props Artists

UI Artists

Gameplay Programmers

AI programmers

Blueprints

Current Team Is:

Kurt "Half-Rats" Nelson - Lead Designer, Writer, Project Director
Draylon Polk - 3D Environment/Texture Artist
Joe Bolzenius - 3D Environment Artist
Ryan Kohr - Environment Artist
Sergey Karabaev - Weapons Artist/Texture Artist
Vector Baccam - Props Artist
Oliver "Frag" Curtis - World Builder/Level Design/Scripting, Lighting
Nicholas Welch - Animator
Devan Miller - Heath Games' Resident Voice Actor

We are beginning with a tech demo version, which will feature many aspects of the full game and will be using it to secure funding. At the present, our main focus is building the front-end and moving on to prototyping.

- Plans to procure funding via the tech demo are in place, we just need YOUR help to get it out there!

- This will be the perfect project to get great pieces for your portfolio, as well as a valuable learning experience.

heathgames@outlook.com

"heath_scoring" Skype

Buddy.thumb.png.bda524a4f8d3e511bcb78ebc539451b9.pngChicken.thumb.png.2734396b196be096b79c02fa4340b575.png59bd674eb45a0_InventoryMockup3.thumb.jpg.e1e2e02620fae98deead3692d93ef0f5.jpgColtHP2.thumb.jpg.ed61427d2ac0060bfbd8646f486f1cc7.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Josheir
      In the following code:

Point p = a[1]; center of rotation for (int i = 0; I<4; i++) { int x = a[i].x - p.x; int y = a[i].y - p.y; a[i].x = y + p.x; a[i].y = - x + p.y; }  
      I am understanding that a 90 degree shift results in a change like:   
      xNew = -y
      yNew = x

Could someone please explain how the two additions and subtractions of the p.x and p.y works?

Thank you,
      Josheir
    • By Anderfell
      **[ROYALTY]**

Hello my name is Brandon and I am currently one of the co owners of the team Digital Forged Studios.

We are currently seeking two new members for our team, before applying you must be aware that we are seeking people that are 100% committed to this project, you must be reachable within the day, replying to questions or responding to our messages and in general be actively online, otherwise I ask nicely that you do not apply.

The persons we are seeking are an experienced Programmer with knowledge  in c++, c#, and or unreal script, the c++ and familiarity with unreal is the main thing were seeking, other teams we are currently looking for are 3D artists to work on Humanoid models Props and more, were are also seeking other team members such as Generalists that understands the Unreal Engine, Animators for Human, Non Human and Objects were keeping the team small and having whats needed so feel free to apply.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [SEEKING CURRENT POSITIONS]

[Animators] x 2 [ You will be doing Human, Non Human, and Objects like Machines and Doors, Environment assets. ]
      [3D Artist] x 2 [ You will be focusing on Humans, Objects, and Environment modeling would also like skills in texturing. ]
      [Generalist] x 1 [ We would like someone that has good knowledge of Unreal Engine that can set up anything we need in Engine. ]
      [Writer] x 1 [ We would need someone that can work with me on game documents, organisation of documents story arcs, character development, dialogue creation, text editing and other text related jobs. ]
      [PROGRAMMER] "As above"

The project is Royalties and when any fund raising is made you will also receive some funding based off that, this is divided depending on amount of work done as an example per asset made toward the game, there are no contracts at this stage and everything known is in documents at the moment.

The game is a Action RPG with online elements this will be an ongoing project, we are running ssh servers, and Prefroce. We have a small staff of experienced people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      We do have some artwork to show of the world a little and what it's about, If you are interested in joining the project please contact us at:

Anderfell info:
      Anderfell#5123 on Discord
      nevarra@hotmail.com email

Shadefix info:
      Shadefix#0570 on Discord
      androes.matthijssens@gmail.com email
      We are active on Discord and maybe take a day or two to reply to emails on our website as we receive a few a daily we need to sort through thanks. 
      https://digitalforgedstudios.com/
      Comic Panel
      http://imgur.com/a/905pd

Artwork
      http://imgur.com/a/0JchV
      Models
      http://imgur.com/a/jdhWu

Game Document
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bNlP-qwR15BLGG66hDUcewqlWIPP4flnHxRwxfhNmTE/edit?usp=sharing

Regards Brandon
      Digital Forged Game Development Team.

Some Progress

• By ForgedInteractive
      Who We Are
      We are Forged Interactive, a small team of like-minded game developers with the sole purpose of making games we love! Currently, we're progressing very quickly with our first project and there are plenty of opportunities and work for new interested programmers. With this project, our development platform is Unity 5.5.2 and C# as our behavioral language. Since this project is our first release, the game itself is a smaller project though progress is moving quickly. We are looking to finalize the current project and get started on future projects in the near future and are expanding our team to do so.

Who We Are Looking For:
      Programmer Level Designer  
      About the Game
      Ours is the tale of two siblings, thrown into a world of chaos. Living in the shadow of their parents' heroic deeds and their Uncle's colorful military career, Finn and Atia are about to become the next force to shape our world. How will you rise through the ranks of Hereilla and what will be your legacy? Once defeated your enemies turn coat and join you in your adventures. Players can enjoy a range of troops and abilities based on their gameplay style which become more important as maps introduce more challenging terrain, enemies and bosses. Strong orc knights, dangerous shamans, and even a dragon are out on the prowl. Knowing when to fight and when to run, and how to manage your army is essential. Your actions alone decide the fate of this world.

Previous Work by Team
      Although we are working towards our first game as Forged Interactive, our team members themselves have worked on titles including and not limited to:
      Final Fantasy Kingsglaive FIFA 2017 Xcom 2 Civilization  
      What do we expect?
      Reference work or portfolio. Examples what have you already done and what projects you have worked on academic or otherwise. The ability to commit to the project on a regular basis. If you are going on a two-week trip, we don't mind, but it would be good if you could commit 10+ hours to the project each week. Willingness to work with a royalty based compensation model, you will be paid when the game launches. Openness to learning new tools and techniques

What can we offer?
      Continuous support and availability from our side. You have the ability to give design input, and creative say in the development of the game. Shown in credits on websites, in-game and more. Insight and contacts from within the Industry.

Contact
      If you are interested in knowing more or joining, please email or PM us on Skype. A member of our management team will reply to you within 48 hours.

E-mail: Recruitment@ForgedInteractive.com

Regards,
      David, Colin and Joseph

Follow us on:
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ForgedInteractive/
      Twitter: @ForgedInteract
      Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpK3zhq5ToOeDpdI0Eik-Ug?view_as=subscriber
      Reddit: www.reddit.com/user/Forged_Interactive

• By Michael Pearson
      Hello all!   I'm currently in my third year on my 3D Animation & Games Development course, and I am in the process of doing some basic primary research for my dissertation project, which is to create a high quality 3D Environment for use in video games and potentially VR.   I have a questionnaire (targeting other artists in the field), and I would really appreciate it if you took some time to have a look and fill it out:   https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScW12nFI8-fMlAUMNSQvOInxhnIfXpG91iRCm25TVlZufrvbQ/viewform?usp=sf_link   Thank you in advance!   Mike.
  • Popular Now