Hey not bad!

Not sure what type of feed back  you're looking for but I can try and provide some constructive criticism if you're open to it.

Focus on your main key frames i.e., contact and passing for both the right and left side. The stronger your keys the better the animation will look. The walk just feels stiff. Without knowing anything about the character like her attitude, reason for being, etc. It's hard to gauge what you intended the walk to convey. So take my comments from the POV of a casual human walk. 

To get around the stiffness you'll need more rhythm in the hips, i.e., slight twist depending on what leg is in play and proper dips and rises (squash and stretch). 

Once you are happy with the main keys and they are solid. You can focus on really putting some personality into the walk in your in-betweens and break down keys. The main keys will continue to carry the animation at this point.

Just can't stress enough how important it is to tighten up the main key poses. Ya gotta really sell each pose for contact and passing as it should/will drastically improve the animation....the human eye catches everything. 

Good luck and good job so far :) 

stiffness is always a problem in 3d. you are right I have yet to do anything with the passing pose. right now the passing pose is generic. with no actual pose there. I havent got to it yet but I intend to hold the motion during the contact poses. at the very least the walk will be stronger

that was good insight

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By G-Dot
      Hello, everybody. I've made a model and create a skeleton, but there is a problem. I don't know how to rig this piston parts. Should I detach them to separate objects and use "Look At Constrain"? Can i rig this parts using only bones? So I need an advise how to solve this problem. Game Engine witch I'm using is Unreal Engine 4.

• By lawnjelly
      Here you can see I have got attachments working over the past few days. Each actor can have a number of attachments to specific locations like head, hands, root node etc. It took some fiddling with matrices to get the attachment rotations consistent as I foolishly didn't standardize the rest hand rotations on actor models.
      The weapons, shields and hats etc are pretty good but there is some cutting through when carrying some bulky items. Any game model can be made an attachments, including the huts(!) I'm not sure what they will look like being carried.
      I'm hoping to be able to attach canoes to the root bones and have the hero and natives in canoes on the water. Also I want to add particle emitters to attachments for example for a burning torch or a smokey herbal spliff.  
      Here the player is carrying a sword and wearing a stylish african hat.
    • By zizulot
      version 0.1 , what do you think? It will be very dark background , so which color would you recommend to use on my character?
    • By Effekseer
      Effekseer Project develops "Effekseer," which is visual software for creating open source games; on November 1, I released "Effekseer 1.3," which is the latest major version release. With Effekseer, you can easily create various visual effects simply by specifying different parameters.

Effekseer is a tool to create various visual effects used in games and others. You can create various visual effects such as explosion, light emission, and particles. Effekseer's effect creation tool works only on Windows. However, the created visual effects can be viewed on Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and other environments using plugins runtime / plugins such as DirectX, OpenGL, and Unity.
      Effekseer 1.3 is an updated version of Effekseer 1.2 released in June 2016.
      This update contains the following changes:
      -Addition of a file viewer that makes it easy to manage effect files;
      -Improvements in UI such as adding icons for easy understanding of editing status;
      -Addition of a function to read FBX as a 3D model file;
      -Addition of parameters for easier control of the effects.
      In addition to Unity, I have added plugins / libraries to UnrealEngine 4 and Cocos2d-x.
      This makes it possible to play effects in most major development environments.Besides that, more than 70 new sample effects have been added and many bugs have been fixed.
      Effekseer 1.3 is available on the project website.
      The license for the software is the MIT license.

Effekseer 
      http://effekseer.github.io/

Github
      https://github.com/effekseer/Effekseer

View full story
    • By Effekseer
      Effekseer Project develops "Effekseer," which is visual software for creating open source games; on November 1, I released "Effekseer 1.3," which is the latest major version release. With Effekseer, you can easily create various visual effects simply by specifying different parameters.

Effekseer is a tool to create various visual effects used in games and others. You can create various visual effects such as explosion, light emission, and particles. Effekseer's effect creation tool works only on Windows. However, the created visual effects can be viewed on Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and other environments using plugins runtime / plugins such as DirectX, OpenGL, and Unity.
      Effekseer 1.3 is an updated version of Effekseer 1.2 released in June 2016.
      This update contains the following changes:
      -Addition of a file viewer that makes it easy to manage effect files;
      -Improvements in UI such as adding icons for easy understanding of editing status;
      -Addition of a function to read FBX as a 3D model file;
      -Addition of parameters for easier control of the effects.
      In addition to Unity, I have added plugins / libraries to UnrealEngine 4 and Cocos2d-x.
      This makes it possible to play effects in most major development environments.Besides that, more than 70 new sample effects have been added and many bugs have been fixed.
      Effekseer 1.3 is available on the project website.
      The license for the software is the MIT license.

Effekseer 
      http://effekseer.github.io/

Github
      https://github.com/effekseer/Effekseer

• Popular Now