3D What do you think about the Slang shader language (+ lib)

Hello,

I just found out about https://github.com/shader-slang/slang. It's a shader language and accompanied by a library that is supposed to make it easier to work with modular shaders.
What do you think about that? 
Here is the paper that describes the concept: http://graphics.cs.cmu.edu/projects/shadercomp/he17_shadercomp.pdf
Thanks in advance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By DavidMT
      A team has a position open for a 3D artist and/or modeler.
      Excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a team remotely. Great chance to extend your portfolio Candidates, if successful have the chance to join the team permanently with entry-level financial benefits. Revenue Share What they expect
      Excellent communication skills Portfolio of previous work If you are interested please attach a CV and/or relevant works to jobs@iamdavidmt.com

• By lawnjelly
      It comes that time again when I try and get my PC build working on Android via Android Studio. All was going swimmingly, it ran in the emulator fine, but on my first actual test device (Google Nexus 7 2012 tablet (32 bit ARM Cortex-A9, ARM v7A architecture)) I was getting a 'SIGBUS illegal alignment' crash.
      My little research has indicated that while x86 is fine with loading 16 / 32 / 64 bit values from any byte address in memory, the earlier ARM chips may need data to be aligned to the data size. This isn't a massive problem, and I see the reason for it (probably faster, like SIMD aligned loads, and simpler for the CPU). I probably have quite a few of these, particular in my own byte packed file formats. I can adjust the exporter / formats so that they are using the required alignment.
      Just to confirm, if anyone knows this, is it all 16 / 32 / 64 bit accesses that need to be data size aligned on early android devices? Or e.g. just 64 bit size access? 
      And is there any easy way to get the compiler to spit out some kind of useful information as to the alignment of each member of a struct / class, so I can quickly pin down the culprits?
      The ARM docs (http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.faqs/ka15414.html) suggest another alternative is using a __packed qualifier. Anyone used this, is this practical?
    • By Josheir
      In the following code:

Point p = a[1]; center of rotation for (int i = 0; I<4; i++) { int x = a[i].x - p.x; int y = a[i].y - p.y; a[i].x = y + p.x; a[i].y = - x + p.y; }  
      I am understanding that a 90 degree shift results in a change like:   
      xNew = -y
      yNew = x

Could someone please explain how the two additions and subtractions of the p.x and p.y works?

Thank you,
      Josheir
    • By ForgedInteractive
      Who We Are
      We are Forged Interactive, a small team of like-minded game developers with the sole purpose of making games we love! Currently, we're progressing very quickly with our first project and there are plenty of opportunities and work for new interested programmers. With this project, our development platform is Unity 5.5.2 and C# as our behavioral language. Since this project is our first release, the game itself is a smaller project though progress is moving quickly. We are looking to finalize the current project and get started on future projects in the near future and are expanding our team to do so.

Who We Are Looking For:
      Programmer Level Designer  
      About the Game
      Ours is the tale of two siblings, thrown into a world of chaos. Living in the shadow of their parents' heroic deeds and their Uncle's colorful military career, Finn and Atia are about to become the next force to shape our world. How will you rise through the ranks of Hereilla and what will be your legacy? Once defeated your enemies turn coat and join you in your adventures. Players can enjoy a range of troops and abilities based on their gameplay style which become more important as maps introduce more challenging terrain, enemies and bosses. Strong orc knights, dangerous shamans, and even a dragon are out on the prowl. Knowing when to fight and when to run, and how to manage your army is essential. Your actions alone decide the fate of this world.

Previous Work by Team
      Although we are working towards our first game as Forged Interactive, our team members themselves have worked on titles including and not limited to:
      Final Fantasy Kingsglaive FIFA 2017 Xcom 2 Civilization  
      What do we expect?
      Reference work or portfolio. Examples what have you already done and what projects you have worked on academic or otherwise. The ability to commit to the project on a regular basis. If you are going on a two-week trip, we don't mind, but it would be good if you could commit 10+ hours to the project each week. Willingness to work with a royalty based compensation model, you will be paid when the game launches. Openness to learning new tools and techniques

What can we offer?
      Continuous support and availability from our side. You have the ability to give design input, and creative say in the development of the game. Shown in credits on websites, in-game and more. Insight and contacts from within the Industry.

Contact
      If you are interested in knowing more or joining, please email or PM us on Skype. A member of our management team will reply to you within 48 hours.

E-mail: Recruitment@ForgedInteractive.com

Regards,
      David, Colin and Joseph

Follow us on:
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ForgedInteractive/
      Twitter: @ForgedInteract
      Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpK3zhq5ToOeDpdI0Eik-Ug?view_as=subscriber
      Reddit: www.reddit.com/user/Forged_Interactive

• Popular Now