• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By vividgamer
      I have a native iOS game (objective c, XCode build) which I am considering to port to other platforms.
      Core gameplay is based on solely on geographical maps, and custom drawing over maps. It also has Core Data. This part is complete in development.
      What is not done yet is: monetization, gamification (leaderboards, challenges) and multiplayer functionality.
      As I think more about it, I am tempted to think if this is the right time to move to a cross platform tool such as Unity. But before dedicating time to port my 5 years side-project effort in Objective C, I really want to know if its worth it.
      - Does Unity support such plugins / assets that will fulfill all my above requirements?
      - Unity Personal seems to have only 20 concurrent users - is it too costly scaling if I decide for extending to web and android platforms?
      - What is the general workflow involved in publishing to iOS, Android, PC, and web platforms while using Unity? I mean to ask about various points of signing stuff, paying fees and getting certified.
      - How long will it really take to port my entire Objective C project into Unity? I am somewhat familiar with C# but I am finding it hard fidgeting with Unity IDE as lot of things are focused around FPS and 3D while my game is still 2d - not much action involved. I seem bit overwhelmed by the list of features I see there. All in all, I do not want to lose my momentum while still making sure its portable to everywhere.
      - Any assets I could use (for free to try basis in debug) that are relevant for my game?
      - Last but not the least, are there any costs that I need to be paying upfront to Unity, for using it (apart from their monthly subscription model)? I don't understand their costing for multiplayer in conjunction with their subscription fees - if someone could kindly elaborate.
      Thanks in advance for your time reading a newbie
    • By Anderfell
      Hello my name is Brandon and I am currently one of the co owners of the team Digital Forged Studios.
      We are currently seeking two new members for our team, before applying you must be aware that we are seeking people that are 100% committed to this project, you must be reachable within the day, replying to questions or responding to our messages and in general be actively online, otherwise I ask nicely that you do not apply.
      The persons we are seeking are an experienced Programmer with knowledge  in c++, c#, and or unreal script, the c++ and familiarity with unreal is the main thing were seeking, other teams we are currently looking for are 3D artists to work on Humanoid models Props and more, were are also seeking other team members such as Generalists that understands the Unreal Engine, Animators for Human, Non Human and Objects were keeping the team small and having whats needed so feel free to apply.
      [Animators] x 2 [ You will be doing Human, Non Human, and Objects like Machines and Doors, Environment assets. ]
      [3D Artist] x 2 [ You will be focusing on Humans, Objects, and Environment modeling would also like skills in texturing. ]
      [Generalist] x 1 [ We would like someone that has good knowledge of Unreal Engine that can set up anything we need in Engine. ]
      [Writer] x 1 [ We would need someone that can work with me on game documents, organisation of documents story arcs, character development, dialogue creation, text editing and other text related jobs. ]
      [PROGRAMMER] "As above"
      The project is Royalties and when any fund raising is made you will also receive some funding based off that, this is divided depending on amount of work done as an example per asset made toward the game, there are no contracts at this stage and everything known is in documents at the moment.
      The game is a Action RPG with online elements this will be an ongoing project, we are running ssh servers, and Prefroce. We have a small staff of experienced people.
      We do have some artwork to show of the world a little and what it's about, If you are interested in joining the project please contact us at:
      Anderfell info:
      Anderfell#5123 on Discord
      nevarra@hotmail.com email
      We are active on Discord and maybe take a day or two to reply to emails on our website as we receive a few a daily we need to sort through thanks. 
      Comic Panel
      Game Document
      Regards Brandon
      Digital Forged Game Development Team.
      Some Progress

• By mikesayso
      Hi Guys,
      Michael here, I work for a company called SaySo Rewards.
      I actually have a post about our company that you can find on this forum. It talks about how we are trying to work more closely with game developers to help with their funding while also rewarding the player.
      So super quick post. I have a home-made survey I would love it if anyone on here with 2-3 minutes free time could fill in.
      We will be attending GDC in San Francisco next week and it would be great to have some numbers on this to present at the conference.
      Please answer honestly, there are no personal questions being asked. 
      Could you do me a HUGE favor and leave a comment here if you do fill in the survey, I would really appreciate.
      Thanks guys, keep on gaming. Link below:
    • By merlin77uk
      Hello Friends,
      i am trying to create a Game developing company, with absolutely zero experience in that. I know it sounds silly, I have experience in running a small business as i have one, but games are something i always wanted to be involved with. So i have an idea of what game i want to create but i have no knowledge in programming, art, music etc. what needs for a game. I will assume the role of the producer and i just want to create some prototype which i will go around with after and try to find investors/publishers. So my question is where i can find, how much and how do people charge for art,3d modelling, is it per 1 character, per hour, what if i want whole race with cities, weapons etc., what about story writers - how much they charge and how? How much charge people who can use Unreal Engine (as i want to use that for my game - FPS) and so on. Meanwhile i am educating myself with game developing and the legal part (contractor agreements,non disclosure etc.) I will be grateful for any info you can give me.   
    • By fr0st2k
      Hello All.
      I have been working with a small team the last few months on development of a mobile RPG/gacha game, inspired by games like: Brave Frontier, Summoners War, One Piece Treasure Cruise, and even Diablo. 
      The idea behind the game is to create a fun collection game that has a good amount of strategy, with a focus on creating a true game for gamers.  Not a corporate run money grabber like the majority of mobile games.
      We have done a lot of work already on the game, however, I am at a point now where I need dedicated team members who have a passion for game development and the project.
      Take a look at some of the screenshots of the game to get an idea of where we are.
      The game involves collecting characters, and leveling them, to compete against more difficult encounters.  I took a lot of inspiration from my days playing Diablo 2.  If you boil down diablo's gameplay mechanics, you get a core game based around efficiency.  The better your items, the faster you can clear zones to the bosses, and the safer the battle with the bosses are.  After you kill the boss, you pull a slot machine lever and get more items.  The better your character(and skill), the more chances you get at pulling that slot machine lever.
      This game uses that core mechanic in a mobile environment.  Instead of running through Act3 to mephisto, you send your characters out on an 'explore' mission.  A specific amount of time goes by based on your characters power, then you fight a strategic boss fight, where you can win loot.  The explore times range from a few minutes, to hours/days.  You can speed up that time by playing a 'tap' game, similar to Tap Titans.  
      It is a great formula, and even without proper balancing, the game is already shaping up to be a lot of fun.
      --- What I need moving forward:
      Team requirements:
      1. Lead developer / Senior Programmer (unity)
      We need someone who is very fluent in unity game development, and someone who can lead a team of newer programmers. If you have been looking for a project that you can take control of, or need some resume building work that will provide a finished product to show off, this is a great position to fill, as the game is nearly complete already.
      Ideally, this candidate would be proficient in unity client and server side programming
      If you are interested in the position, we can talk profit sharing once the app launches.  (contracts will be required)
      2. Programmers
      If you are newer to programming, or just want to sharpen your skills and gain some experience on a game development team, reach out.  I'd be interested in talking to you and seeing if you are a good fit. 
      I suspect an NDA might be required, but other than that, this position would be great to hop in and out of, and again, would be a great way to contribute to a great project and gain valuable experience.
      3. Pixel Artist / Spine animator
      Either or.  I am currently getting art from a team out in Indonesia.  They are great, but hard to communicate with.  I'd love to have a dedicated artist with Spine(or any alternative 2d pixel animation) experience.  
      If you have interest in joining this team, please reply back.  Again, i'd like to reiterate, this is primarily a hobby based project.  However, it will eventually hit the app store and (ideally)generate income.  All team members will be a part of that revenue stream.
      Please respond with any questions, would be happy to respond.

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Unreal Engine 4.18 Preview 1 Released

Epic has made the first Preview build of Unreal Engine 4.18 available through the Epic Games launcher. Developers can now experiment with volumetric lightmaps, enhanced static skylight directionality, major clothing tool upgrades, the revamped Physics Asset Editor and Media Framework 3.0. Improvements have also been made to support for both Google's ARCore and Apple's ARKit. The desktop forward renderer on iOS, used in the Wingnut AR demo at WWDC 2017, is now available as well.

A full list is available on the UE forums.

View full story