Anyone going to see Bladerunner 2049 at the flicks?

Started by
6 comments, last by Anri 6 years, 6 months ago

Look at Harrison Ford, he's hardly aged, what a man!

cct-blade-0508.jpg

Advertisement

I'm interested in it. I first saw Blade Runner in my...hmm...third year of college? Or fourth. All I remember from it was it was boring. Perhaps I saw the wrong version. I know they're five versions. And of those one or two are the best ones. 

Denis Villeneuve made a great film out of Arrival. I think this could be his shining moment. 

"Don't make a girl a promise....if you know you can't keep it." - Halo 2

"If they came to hear me beg, they would be disappointed." - Halo 2

"Were it so Easy." - Halo 3

"Dear Humanity. We regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to earth. And we most certainly regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy a** fleet!" - Halo 2

"One Final Effort is all that remains." - Halo 3

"Brute ships! Staggered line! Ship Master, they outnumber us, three to one!"

(response) "Then it is an even fight. All ships fire at will! Burn their mongrel hides!" - Halo 3

"Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me. Everybody  f****** except for you! So you don't tell me I'd be safer with someone else, because the truth is I would just be more scared." The Last of Us

"If you had had a child, Elisabet, what would you have wished for him or her?" (GAIA)

(response) "I guess....I would have wanted her to be...curious. And willful -- unstoppable even...but with enough compassion to...heal the world...just a little bit." Elisabet Sobeck to GAIA - Horizon Zero Dawn

The Trailers looked great, the Anime Short Prequel was visually stunning, with a good story (if not great, can't really get a great story out of such a short anime when you are so busy with its presentation)...

I think I  will take the risk and see the movie in theaters, if only to get more of the visuals on the big screen in 3D.

Definitely. 

I was terrified when I heard they were making this.

Then I heard that Denis Villeneuve was directing and I was a little more hopeful. Now, after hearing/reading some early reviews, I am utterly psyched for this movie.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
On 03/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, ChaosEngine said:

Then I heard that Denis Villeneuve was directing and I was a little more hopeful. Now, after hearing/reading some early reviews, I am utterly psyched for this movie.

Yes, me too, I think it's going to be a good one :)

1 hour ago, benjamin1441 said:

Yes, me too, I think it's going to be a good one :)

Went to see it last weekend. It's legitimately great, easily one of the best movies of 2017 and a worthy successor to the original.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Even if it didnt have the connection to the first Blade Runner, it would still be a good sci-fi movie in its own right.  Ryan Gosling is great as an..."alternative" Blade Runner agent, and despite the trailer suggesting a "war breaks loose" movie, it turns out - once again - to be a crime drama dealing with the issue of slavery. 

Its a shame it hasn't exactly stormed the box-office as it does derserve to do well. Only thing that held it back was the connection to the original film.  I couldn't help but think "Battlestar Galactica"...without giving too much away.

But yes, its a good sequel.

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement