Sign in to follow this  

PC Looking for Website Administrator

COMPANY AND THE PROJECT

INT logo 807x256px

We are an indie game studio consisted of professional and friendly people. Additionally, we are a team of skilled artists and dedicated indie enthusiasts. Our current project is INT, developed on Unity Engine 5 for platforms Windows, Linux, and Mac.

INT wallpaper600x339

INT is a 3D Sci-fi RPG with a strong emphasis on story, role playing, and innovative RPG features such as randomized companions. The focus is on the journey through a war-torn world with fast-paced combat against hordes of enemies. The player must accomplish quests like a traditional RPG, complete objectives, and meet lively crew members who will aid in the player's survival. Throughout the game you can side and complete missions through criminal cartels, and the two major combatants, the UCE and ACP, of the Interstellar Civil War.

Please note that all of our current positions are remote work. You will not be required to travel.

For more information about us, follow the links listed below.

INT Official website

Steam Greenlight

IndieDB page

Also follow social media platforms for the latest news regarding our projects.

Facebook

Twitter

TALENT NEEDED

We are seeking a talented and keen Web Administrator. The Web Admin will perform periodic updates, improve the design of the official website and enhance user experience of online content, including a web comic and blogs.

Duties and Responsibilities:

1. Manage online content for company website.
  2. Enhance existing aesthetics and user experience for web properties.
  3. Work with team leads to institute content calendar for company website.
  4. Help implement strategies to increase website traffic.
  5. Proofread content.
  6. Remain current with emerging web technologies.
  7. Attend weekly remote team meeting.

REQUIREMENTS

1. HTML, WordPress, CSS expertise.
  2. SEO basics
  3. Outstanding communication skills.
  4. Ability to complete tasks remotely without supervision.

REVENUE-SHARE

This is a great opportunity to get into the game development industry. Being an Indie team we do not have the creative restrictions often imposed by publishers or other third parties. We are extremely conscientious of our work and continuously uphold a high level of quality throughout our project.

We are unable to offer wages or per-item payments at this time. However revenue-sharing from crowd-funding is offered to team members who contribute 15-20 hours per week to company projects, as well as maintain constant communication and adhere to deadlines. Currently the crowd-funding campaign is scheduled for the year 2018. Your understanding is dearly appreciated.

TO APPLY

Please send your Cover Letter, CV, Portfolio (if applicable), and other relevant documents/information to this email: JohnHR@int-game.net

Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!

John Shen
HR Lead
Starboard Games LLC

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By loyalsheep
      Hey guys!
      Check out the trailer of Airavat. It's a minimalist, space survival game (and hard, very hard) 
      Download on GooglePlay: Airavat

• By flodihn
      Hello guys, I just want to share some of my findings after more than 10 years of software development. 
      During my last project, I made the decision for our dev team to go against what is quite commonly the default programming behaviour in Unity and most likely many other game engines. What we put all persistent data (as serialisable JSON) in a separate layer and use static functions to operate on those. This is more similar how C would operate, or most functional programming languages.
      It worked very well and caused no problem for us, so now I decided to take it one step further and make a sub system in Unity that facilitates that coding style in a more generalised way. I call this system AOEngine.
      This sub system looks like this:
      Model -> Stores data as json serialisable objects, dictionaries or both.
      View -> Listens to model, reacts when data is create, changed or destroyed and tries to render the object. The view is a monobehaviour and can be seen in the Unity Editor unlike the model and the controller.
      Controller -> Runs a state machine which executes game specific code that creates, updates or destroys data.
      State Machine -> Switches/keep/updates the global state of the game.

The model, view and controllers are standard OOP classes communicating with interfaces using a observer pattern. So far everything is pretty standard.
      But when you realise that after separating the logic and data, what you have left are logic classes that always the same, just executing on different types of data. This means there is no need to instantiate pure logic and using static classes is actually a pretty neat idea.
      The reason static classes are getting quite a bad reputation is that in most cases they are used to share some global state, and easily become a tight dependency to many other areas in the code. But when the static class is just pure logic, we do not have this problem.
      The AO engine provides one point of entry, a GameInit prefab which is used to create the model, view and controller, the user have to provide an initial state for the state machine to run. When you import the AO Engine as a Unity package, you just need to drop one prefab into your scene, and that is the only prefab you need to start. 
      Here is the code for the GameInit:
      { public class GameInit : MonoBehaviour { public GameObject viewPrefab; public string InitialState; void Start() { IModel model = new AOEngine.Model.Model(); IView view = CreateUnityViewFromPrefab(); IController controller = new AOEngine.Controller.Controller(); view.Setup(model); controller.Setup(model, view); StateMachine.Setup(model); GameState initialGameState = TryCreateInitialGameState(); StateMachine.SwitchState(initialGameState); } The InitialState have to be defined in the Unity editor, you give it the full name to the initial game state for your game, for example MyGame.MenuGameState, then you have to make sure this class exists (goes without saying) and it must inherit AOEngine.StateMachine.GameState.
      This is how the a game state would look like:
      namespace MyGame { public class MenuGameState : GameState { public override void OnEnter() { GameObjectData uiCamera = new GameObjectData { {"uid", "camera"}, {"prefab", "Cameras/UICamera"} }; model.CreateData<GameObjectData>(uiCamera); UIData mainMenuData = new UIData { {"uid", GameUids.MAIN_MENU_DATA}, {"prefab", "UI/Prefabs/MainMenuCanvas"} }; model.CreateData<UIData>(mainMenuData); controller.BindLogic(typeof(MainMenuLogic), mainMenuData); And here is where things get interesting, first I create the some data, all data should have a unique uid to identify it, if no uid is given the model will generate an uid automatically. Optionally, a piece of data can be bound to one or more logic classes, which are static, using the controller.BindLogic providing the logic class and the data uid to bind it to. This is basically a component system, but not using monobehaviours or standard OOP.
      The static logic class would look something like this:
      namespace MyGame { public static class MainMenuLogic { private static IModel model; [OnLogicSetup] public static void Setup(IModel _model) { model = _model; } [OnLogicCreate] public static void OnCreate(string dataUid) { UIData data = model.GetData<UIData>(dataUid); model.UpdateProperty(data, new Dictionary<string, object> { { "ui_callbacks", new Dictionary<string, object> { {"OnButtonClicked", "MyGame.MainMenuLogic#OnButtonClicked"} }} }); } [OnLogicUpdate] public static void OnUpdate(string dataUid) { UnityEngine.Debug.Log("MainMenuLogic.OnUpdate"); } [OnLogicDestroy] public static void OnDestroy(string dataUid) { model.DestroyData(GameUids.MAIN_MENU_DATA); } public static void OnButtonClicked(string buttonName) { if(buttonName == "QuitButton") UnityEngine.Application.Quit(); if(buttonName == "StoryButton") { StateMachine.SwitchState(new StoryGameState()); } } } } So not being a fan of monobehaviours, I use them to a minimum, only for position translations, particle systems, collision detection and audio playing, and then these monobehaviours would be bare components without any logic or state.
      I need to figure how communication between my static components, I will probably use a game event system for this. 
      So far I am quite happy with system where all my logic are running in static classes. I wonder if there are any other people out there that reached the same conclusions, what are your opinions of this approach?
    • By anomalystudiospt
      Hey, we are new around here!
      Our team spent the last year developing a prototype game called Rise of The Fey, a game that focuses on a dramatic story with a fast paced gameplay.
      Rise of The Fey is a third-person action-adventure RPG set within a fantasy world called Perrah. In Rise you control Kall, a young spaunian looking for revenge after the death of his beloved.

We would appreciate if you could take a look at our stuff, tell us what you think and possibly help us out on Indiegogo.
      The prototype is in portuguese, sorry about that!
      Have a good one!
    • By juglar
      Hi guys, we are developing a game called BiteOff! based on Zombies topic. BiteOff! is based on a game strategy mechanics, free to play, where the player has a bunch of zombies and he can distribute them along the map landscape to be able to bite and transform all humans into each level. Humans are controlled by artificial intelligence and they differ each other on capabilities based on different weapons that give them three different levels of aggressiveness to defend against the zombies. The zombies are also presented in three types and they are differentiated by their attack, speed, strength and resistance abilities. Through different achievements, (time to eat all humans, score, among others) the player can access four extra skills that can enhance your attack in real time on next levels as power-ups.
      We are launching a crowdfunding campaign in kickico and we need some helps please visit us on the crowdfunding page https://www.kickico.com/es/campaigns/17824/biteoff-the-videogame 
      Twitter @biteoffthegame
      Facebook
      Clickme!
      Website 
      Clickme!
  • Popular Now