AcceptableUsername

Pre-Emphasis Encoder

Yo, @jkuehlin.

I'm here to ask if anyone knows of an encoder for pre-emphasis on CD's. I need it for a client. IE that shit Japan used to put on CD's to boost the treble of and reduce A/D converter introduced noise. 9.5 dB high-shelf boost, slope of 0.48 at the frequency of 5283 Hz. I love you all.

Edited by jbadams
Removed some inappropriate language.

Please note, I have removed some inappropriate language from the original post in this topic.  Please keep the contents of your posts relevant, on topic, and ensure they are suitable to be seen in a workplace or by a younger teenager just getting into the field.

I'm not super familiar with pre-emphasis, but I'd imagine it's less an "encoding" and more of a mastering step.  You would need to open the audio in something, add the EQ curve, and possibly compensate for the added level (via compression or just dropping the level), since if you're working with mastered audio, it likely peaks at, or close to, 0 already, so the added EQ might introduce clipping that wasn't there before.

You could do this in Reaper (it's not free, but it has a trial, and the price is reasonable anyway).  Open the first file, make the changes, then you can save your FX chain and batch the changes over the rest of the files you need to work with.