Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By dekronoth9
      I'm wondering if I have this understood correctly:
      A basic 3d game engine ONLY renders the modelsw tthemselves, nothing else.
      Models a fairly crude looking by themselves.
      Curved edges and other round appeaarences are accomplished through post-processing effects, such anti-aliasing etc.
      New model and image enhancing effects are being developed all the time, thus needing new, built from the ground-up engines to be developed in order to support them.
      Now comes my question.
      What if the only thing the engine itself did was render those base models and geometry, and each of the post-processing effects came as pluggable, seperate "modules", so each time a new one was invented, a new module could be developed to accomodate them, thus avoiding the need to code a completely new engine.
      Is this idea feasible?
      Please let me know what would/wouldn't work about this idea, as well as anything I didn't/misunderstood
    • By 123iamking
      Let me explain why I call it: 3rd person camera-based movement (honestly, I don't know if that's the official name)
      In GTA Vice city, you can see, when you turn the camera, the main character turns with the camera. When you press Back, the character walks backward, press Left, the character walks left-ward. I call this 3rd person character-based movement.
      In GTA SanAndreas (also GTA IV, GTA V, Sleeping Dogs, Prince of Persia,... ), when you turn the camera, the character won't turn, but the camera rotate orbit around the character, when you press Back, the character walks toward the camera, when you press Left, the character walk toward the left of the camera. So I call this 3rd person camera-based movement.
      So I see that 3rd person camera-based movement is pretty popular, I wonder if there is a good implement of 3rd person camera-based movement (that's from open-source, books, forums,... I tried searching but I haven't found any) so that I can learn from.
    • By Alexander Winter

Jumpaï is a game about creating platformer levels and playing them online with everyone. Will you become the most popular level maker or will you be a speedrunner holding world records on everyone's levels? More into casual play? No problems! You can happily play through the giant level database or chill at people's hub. Meet new people, make new friends, learn to master the game by asking pros or ask for people's favorite tricks on level making.  

Unlike other games of its genre, Jumpaï is about playing levels with everyone in real time. You have the fun to see how other people are playing and get to realize you are not the only one failing that jump!

The game is currently into development and still have lots to do. I am looking for people willing to help how they can. Developer? Graphist? Play tester? Sound designer? Game designer? I'm welcoming everyone. The project is so big I have a lot of work to do in all areas. Server backend, UI/UX, Game networking, Gameplay and even the website some day. As you can see from the default buttons, the game has been made with LibGDX. 

If you plan to take an important role into the development of the game, we will discuss how you will get paid once the game generates money. Note that I'm not working on the game full-time. I'm studying full-time and working on it is a hobby. It's been 14 months since it started.

So, are you interested? If so join me on my discord https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG and I'll answer all your questions.

Additionnal screenshots:

• By Ahrakeen
      Hello My team is working on the game neo arcana a logical crisis.

We are presently looking for coders to help with the user interface for it. as well as a working combat system
      the aim is to have a system where cards represent the skills and abillities of a character. 
      each character wille have core cards that is the make up of what sort of character that is.
      then there will be other skills and abillities that can be shared among the party.

the game itselfls is a strategic roleplayed game turn based. set in an alternate earth where magic is real but suppressed from the common people.
      And we want to use a combat system where a character gets one move and one action per turn.

We are presently working with unreal but if you as a coder have a better idea we are at this stage able to switch engine
      So if interested in this project let me know
    • By MidnightFoxGaming
      Hi, I’m starting out in game development as a whole and while I have some experience with programming in the past with small things like mods and a single byond game that I took over for a previous person I’m rather new to the start from the ground up thing.
      im looking to get some advice on where to start for tools/material/resources for such. I already have the core concept for the game hashed out, this has been a relitivly solo thing so far so any help is appreciated thank you.
  • Advertisement