Converting My Flash Games To HTML5

Started by
1 comment, last by TheChubu 6 years, 6 months ago

Hello!

I've been making small Flash games for a number of years now for my local hospital. Due to the impending demise of Flash, I want to convert my files to HTML5, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. I see all kinds of programs and conversion services in my Google searches (Swiffy, Haxe, Shumway, etc), but I'm not sure if they're legit or what to use. I don't want to have to redo my work (as I'm not sure if I still have the files or not). Ideas, insight, and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Raptor

Advertisement

Eh, if you search for any of them you find out that Swiffy is from Google, Shumway is from Mozilla, and Haxe is a whole language/platform started in 2005 with a couple current popular game development frameworks (OpenFL, HaxeFlixel, etc). So I dunno where you got the idea any of them aren't "legit".

Also as what to use. Shumway doesn't converts anything apparently, it's just a SWF renderer. Swiffy was a converter web service that Google shut down in 2016 (closed source).

And with anything else well, you'll have to reimplement your stuff in another technology. Haxe can compile to ActionScript, maybe it can go the other way around?

That's what I figured it out after 3min of Googling those names, I suggest you try the same.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement