What should I do for my first game?

Started by
3 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 6 years, 6 months ago

Ok I want to make my first game, I know basic coding for c# and I know how to do pixel art. I know how to make enemies with different states like idle attacking and stunted, the same for the player. I know how to make the player move. I want to make a 2d rpg game. So can you give me some advice like should I use Unity or Gamemaker, or even something else should I try to do the 2d rpg game that I want or should I start with something even simpler.

Advertisement

I'd start with a game as simple as possible and make sure to completely finish it. So Yes, even simpler then a "small" rpg. Perhaps something like pacman, pong, asteroids etc.

framework/ engine is up to you, Unity has a great community and the entry level is low. 

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

When I was a young boy there were a path we used to follow, and it was, first make a tetris, then a breakout, then a pacman and finally a 2d platformer.

Nowadays is easier if you use a framework, but I believe it still work. Maybe if tetris it's too hard you can make a tic tac toe first.

@Qyter I have a list of classic games that beginner should try in the link below.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement