Cinematic enough or too much? Choir / Orchestra

The music is very nice! I enjoyed listening to it and it definitely created a nice vibe. I did feel there could be a bit more dynamics in your production, however. While you have some rise and falls, there's not a great deal of different in actual volumes. Also some of the high string long tones could be a bit softer in the mix. 

The choir could be brighter and brought more in front at times. There's also not a lot of low end warmth - but in some of your other cues there are. So I'd consider the low end balance as well. Overall, it definitely is a nice track and would work well in the fantasy genre. 

Cheers!

18 minutes ago, nsmadsen said:

The music is very nice! I enjoyed listening to it and it definitely created a nice vibe. I did feel there could be a bit more dynamics in your production, however. While you have some rise and falls, there's not a great deal of different in actual volumes. Also some of the high string long tones could be a bit softer in the mix. 

The choir could be brighter and brought more in front at times. There's also not a lot of low end warmth - but in some of your other cues there are. So I'd consider the low end balance as well. Overall, it definitely is a nice track and would work well in the fantasy genre. 

Cheers!

Thanks for the constructive feedback Nathan!

Hey Peter. Those are some ridiculously good tracks in my opinion. I spent a good chunk of time browsing through your website. That stuff is very well put together in my opinion.

When I a/b it to similar content on a good pair of monitors, I agree with Nate that there's a definite difference in the low end, but it shouldn't be a hard fix. I would love to give some more detailed thoughts on this, particularly with the balance of voices in the middle section, and the way the synths are layered into the rest of the composition, but its hard to do without pointing to specific min:sec markers. Can you post that track as an mp3 (even if it has the "bonix music" still in the background)? Or maybe put it on soundcloud just so there's a counter on the playback device?

...also, can you tell us what you're using for reference mixes (if any) and what your main VI's were for this? That might help too.

Hi Jkuehlin,

Thanks for taking the time to listen to the track(s). 

I'm using the VI's from the EW Cloud sub. For mixing, i referenced multiple sources, including LOTR and I'm not sure of the others. I pushed the vocals back as to 'hide' the 'midi'. (If that makes since...). Plus I did want them pushed back a little bit anyways for the overall feel, but perhaps I pushed them too far back?! ;) This was my first real attempt at putting higher quality choirs/vocals. Probably more practice would allow me to push them up front a little bit more.  

I've uploaded the file here with an audio watermark. Thanks again!

Kingdom of Light High Elves Theme.mp3

Congratulations!

You have very good compositions on your website!

I would point out that when I was listening to other songs, I sometimes I noticed too much that the instruments were virtual... But anyway, that's not 100% your fault, it also depends of the virtual instrument capacities.

Keep up the amazing work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Big Impact Sound Composer for Media
      Big Impact Sound | Composer for Media

provides royalty free music and sound design for media, games, television, film, trailers, commercials, documentaries, YouTube creators, exhibits, websites, slide shows, corporate projects, podcasts, wedding albums, presentations, audiobooks, radio, apps and so much more.
      Royalty free music
      Big Impact Sound allows you to distribute the royalty free music worldwide  and without any additional fees.
      Our music licensing system is transparent and easy:  once the music license is paid there are no copyright issues.

Wide range of musical styles
      Our award winning team has more than two decades of experience in the creation and production of contemporary and classical music.

Composition on demand
      Custom-made composition and sound design that will maximize the impact of your game, movie, commercial, trailer, documentary or presentation.

Music productions ranging from single tracks to full orchestral scores
      We can provide single tracks or full scores and our team helps you with your project
      from start to finish according to your specific wishes.

Stock Music (Library Music)
      Fast and easy music and sound design browsing in our huge music library. All our tracks are immediately available for any of your projects.

Fast turnaround time
      We are used to work with tight deadlines and will help you meet them. We are passionate about our work and always aim for perfection.

Contact us (by PM or by the website) to discuss how we can enhance your project with a distinctive sound identity.
      https://bigimpactsound.com/

• By Goat___Boy
      Hello all,

I'm Goat___Boy, I love making noises.

More precisely I love making background\soundtrack music for games\movies.
      I want to make a game just for composing it's soundtrack but alas I always end up with a full OST and little actual gameplay to show for it (mostly incomplete RPG Maker and Unity projects.)
      I realized I'm not made to be a solo developer so I'm looking for a project to compose music to.
      As long as you promise me it will be a finished project and it will see the light of day I'll gladly make it for free and PLEASE don't ask me to make generic orchestra tunes.

I'm mostly inspired by the likes of Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails (Quake is one of my all time favorite OSTs) so I mostly dive in the Dark/Psychedelic but I'll gladly make other genres as I try to be a broad as possible. I'm a multi instrumentalist so don't worry, if you need Guitars, Bass or other ''real'' instruments in your songs I got you covered! I also make have experience in sprite work and digital design if you need extra help with your art assets.
      Here are some of my tracks:

• By nihitori
      This is the official Sales topic for the acclaimed Colossal Game Music Collection (100+ five-star ratings on the Unity Asset Store) and its Lite version, the Essential Game Music Collection.

Updates will be made here every time a sale is taking place on either the Unity Asset Store or the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

Current Sales:

Christmas Madness 2016 Sale on the Unity Asset Store -

- Colossal Game Music Collection at 75% OFF - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/88190

Please feel free to post here any questions you might have about either the sales or the collection itself.
    • By willsavino
      Hey folks,
      I recently recorded this tune for my demo reel. I'm really psyched with how the flute and guitar worked out, but I'm worried my string patches (SONiVOX Orchestral Companion - Strings) are too cheap sounding. Are these passable for a game score? I know it's context dependent, but I can't tell if I'm just being overly sensitive. 
      Thanks!
    • By composerjones
      Hey guys, I just composed a new piece that is definitely inspired by scores of the Final Fantasy series and the Kingdom Hearts series. I hope you guys enjoy!

• Popular Now