• Advertisement
stitchs_login

2D Camera Jitters

Hey,

I'm running through some game tutorials and have just implemented my camera. It scrolls, following the player sprite, and culls tiles from the map outside of bounds.

One thing I'm noticing is some minor artifact tearing between some of the tiles that make up the on-screen map. Originally, I assumed it was because I coded my camera X and Y as Integers, and my player coordinates as floats, so there was some classic data loss from downcasting float -> int. I modified that, and removed integer casts that related to passing player coordinates to the camera. This has reduced the tearing, but everything still jitters a small amount.

The player only moves at a speed of 1.0f. If I run it at 3.0f, it is more noticable. Where could I be going wrong?

Thanks,

Stitchs (code below).

package dev.mygame.display;

public class Camera
{
	private float x;
	private float y;
	private int w;
	private int h;
	private int focusX;
	private int focusY;

public Camera(float x, float y, int w, int h)
	{
		this.x = x;
		this.y = y;
		this.w = w;
		this.h = h;
	}

public float getX()
	{
		return x;
	}

public void setX(float x)
	{
		this.x = x;
	}

public float getY()
	{
		return y;
	}

public void setY(float y)
	{
		this.y = y;
	}

public int getFocusX()
	{
		return focusX;
	}

public void setFocus(float focusX, float focusY)
	{
		float lerp = 1.0f;
		x += lerp * (focusX - w/2 - x);
		y += lerp * (focusY - h/2 - y);
	}

public int getFocusY()
	{
		return focusY;
	}

public int getWidth()
	{
		return w;
	}

public int getHeight()
	{
		return h;
	}

public void tick()
	{
		// centre the camera on the focus point
		//focusX -= w/2;
		//focusY -= h/2;
		// set the origin so we can offset everything else
		x = focusX;
		y = focusY;
	}
}
package dev.mygame.entities.creatures;

import java.awt.Graphics;

import dev.mygame.gfx.Assets;
import dev.mygame.Game;

public class Player extends Creature
{
	private Game game;

public Player(Game game, float x, float y)
	{
		super(game, x, y, Creature.DEFAULT_WIDTH, Creature.DEFAULT_HEIGHT);
		this.game = game;
	}

@Override
	public void tick()
	{
		getInput();
		move();
	}

private void getInput()
	{
		xMove = 0;
		yMove = 0;

if(game.getKeyManager().up)
		{
			yMove = -speed;
		}
		if(game.getKeyManager().down)
		{
			yMove = +speed;
		}
		if(game.getKeyManager().left)
		{
			xMove = -speed;
		}
		if(game.getKeyManager().right)
		{
			xMove = +speed;
		}
	}

@Override
	public void render(Graphics g)
	{
		g.drawImage(Assets.playerOne, (int)(x - game.getCamera().getX()), (int)(y - game.getCamera().getY()), width, height, null);
	}
}
package dev.mygame.states;

import java.awt.Graphics;

import dev.mygame.entities.creatures.Player;
import dev.mygame.gfx.Assets;
import dev.mygame.Game;
import dev.mygame.worlds.World;
import dev.mygame.display.Camera;

public class GameState extends State
{
	private Player player;
	private World world;

public GameState(Game game)
	{
		super(game);
		world = new World(game, "/maps/World1.json");
		player = new Player(game, world.getSpawnX(), world.getSpawnY());
	}

@Override
	public void tick()
	{
		player.tick();
		game.getCamera().setFocus(player.getX() + player.getWidth()/2, player.getY() + player.getHeight()/2);
	}

@Override
	public void render(Graphics g)
	{
		world.render(g);
		player.render(g);
	}
}

Edited by stitchs_login

Advertisement

I would focus on your camera::setFocus function.

The (focusX - w/2) bit gives the offset by itself but (focusX - w/2 - x) seems like it throws it an additional unnecessary amount. I don't see you call camera::tick which is good because then we'd probably be talking half screen jitter. The other mess would be your variable naming between function arguments and the class members. Refactor some naming to make sure you are setting what you think you're setting and double check your camera position logic for one or two render frames by walking the logic by hand.

It's difficult because I don't see your base Creature::move is doing with your user input.

Hi @GoliathForge,

The tick() method in Camera is a hangover that I'm removing in this phase. When you say that I should refactor some naming, do you mean that having the parameter names the same as the instance-level members could be confusing? Or am I missing some consistency in the naming pattern?

As for Creature::move()

package dev.mygame.entities.creatures;

import dev.mygame.entities.Entity;
import dev.mygame.Handler;

public abstract class Creature extends Entity
{
	public static final int DEFAULT_HEALTH = 10;
	public static final float DEFAULT_SPEED = 1.0f;
	public static final int DEFAULT_WIDTH = 64;
	public static final int DEFAULT_HEIGHT = 64;

protected int health;
	protected float speed;
	protected float xMove;
	protected float yMove;

public Creature(Handler handler, float x, float y, int width, int height)
	{
		super(handler, x, y, width, height);
		health = DEFAULT_HEALTH;
		speed = DEFAULT_SPEED;
		xMove = 0f;
		yMove = 0f;
	}

public void move()
	{
		x += xMove;
		y += yMove;
	}
}

I admit, I haven't yet printed the values to the setFocus method, so I will do that in my next round of implementation. Thinking about my original wording, if anything, it's not camera jitter I'm experiencing. It's more akin to a tear in some graphic rendering between tiles when I move my player vertically.

@the incredible smoker

On 10/6/2017 at 4:34 PM, the incredible smoker said:

Floats are not accurate.

Could you elaborate in relation to the screen-tearing that I'm experiencing? Right now, I don't *need* the precision provided by doubles. It would be something I'd consider in the future when I begin to implement physics calculations that may require it. Currently, I'm following a tutorial series that doesn't suggest using them. If this is a possible solution to my issues, I would love to hear some more context to your answer.

Thanks,

Stitchs.

3 hours ago, stitchs_login said:

When you say that I should refactor some naming, do you mean that having the parameter names the same as the instance-level members could be confusing?

right...it's just a little thing, but every bit helps.

3 hours ago, stitchs_login said:

Thinking about my original wording, if anything, it's not camera jitter I'm experiencing. It's more akin to a tear in some graphic rendering between tiles when I move my player vertically.

Ah, very good. I'm not a java user but it's my understanding that you can't enable vsync programmatically and has to be done with the graphics card's settings interface. Try that. 

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By bojanzarnoski@gmx.de
      Hello,
      I want to get into coding again by programming a 2D platformer to get started, but i don't know if i should use Java or C# with the unity engine.
      I am pretty fit with Java, but with c# i have to start from scratch. What do you recommend and why?
    • By macmanmatty
      I'm still working on large RPG top down   game  that has  very large maps 500 x500 32 x 32 px  tiles  and there 5 of  these "land maps" each with three large buildings  of a   "200*200" tiled  map some with more than one map for each floor.  and shops taverns/ blacksmiths/ stables  / houses  with 20 x 20 or so tile maps.  Since you can have / control  more than one unit to optimize  the game  I was thinking  each map  ( land map, shop, tavern,  budiling ect.)  should have it's own game  loop. There would be a button created for each map you have units on to switch to that map   and when you switch them  one loop is paused  and the other one is activated? Is this a good idea?
    • By Alexander Winter
      Jumpaï is a game about creating platformer levels and playing them online with everyone. Will you become the most popular level maker or will you be a speedrunner holding world records on everyone's levels? More into casual play? No problem! You can happily play through the giant level database or chill at people's hub. Meet new people, make new friends, learn to master the game by asking pros or ask for people's favorite tricks on level making. Download here: https://jumpai.itch.io/jumpai Discord: https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG   Trailer:      (The following screenshots are older but still a bit representative)  

Unlike other games of its genre, Jumpaï is about playing levels with everyone in real time. You have the fun to see how other people are playing and get to realize you are not the only one failing that jump!

The game is currently into development and still have lots to do. I am looking for people willing to help how they can. Developer? Graphist? Play tester? Sound designer? Game designer? I'm welcoming any talent. The project is so big I have a lot of work to do in all areas. Server backend, UI/UX, Game networking, Gameplay and even the website some day. As you can see from the default buttons, the game has been made with LibGDX. This project is a perfect opportunity for you to get better in various fields as well as showing off your skills.

If you plan to take an important role into the development of the game, we will discuss how you will get paid once the game generates money. Note that I'm not working on the game full-time. I'm studying full-time and working on it is a hobby. The project has started in november 2016 and experiences heavy progress.

So, are you interested? If so join me on my discord https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG and I'll answer all your questions.

Additionnal screenshots:

• By Coa
      Hello! I’m a programmer from Denmark currently putting together a team of amateurs to help develop my current project. It is a war simulation game, HOWEVER, it is not like anything else currently on the market. If you would like to hear more about my project, message me on discord, or if you would like to join,  do the same.
      You do not need to be a professional, as this is solely a learning experience for everyone involved.
      The positions I am seeking go as follows:
      - 3D Modeler
      - 2D Artist
      - Musical Composer
      - Game Designer
      - Level Designer

Discord: Coa#0698
    • By Psychopathetica
      Not long ago, I create a nice OBJ loader that loads 3D Studio Max files. Only problem is, is that although it works and works great, I wasn't using Vertex Buffers. Now that I applied Vertex Buffers, it seems to only use the first color of the texture and spread it all across the poiygon. I examined my code over and over again, and the Vertex Buffer code is correct. But when I comment out all of my vertex buffer code, it works as intended. I practically given up on fixing it on my own, so hopefully you guys will be able to figure out what is wrong.
      public static final int BYTES_PER_FLOAT = 4; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D = 4; public static final int COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT = 4; public static final int TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT = 2; public static final int NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT = 3; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_2D = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_2D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE = COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE = TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE = NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; int loadFile() { ArrayList<Vertex3D> tempVertexArrayList = new ArrayList<Vertex3D>(); ArrayList<TextureCoord2D> tempTextureCoordArrayList = new ArrayList<TextureCoord2D>(); ArrayList<Vector3D> tempNormalArrayList = new ArrayList<Vector3D>(); ArrayList<Face3D> tempFaceArrayList = new ArrayList<Face3D>(); StringBuilder body = new StringBuilder(); try { InputStream inputStream = context.getResources().openRawResource(resourceID); InputStreamReader inputStreamReader = new InputStreamReader(inputStream); BufferedReader bufferedReader = new BufferedReader(inputStreamReader); String nextLine; String subString; String[] stringArray; String[] stringArray2; int[] indexNumberList = new int[3]; int[] textureCoordNumberList = new int[3]; int[] normalNumberList = new int[3]; int i = 0; int j = 0; int k = 0; try { while ((nextLine = bufferedReader.readLine()) != null) { if (nextLine.startsWith("v ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(1).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { tempVertexArrayList.add(new Vertex3D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]), 1f)); } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading vertex list"); return 0; } String x = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).x); String y = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).y); String z = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).z); //Log.d(TAG, "vertex " + String.valueOf(i) + ": " + x + ", " + y + ", " + z); i++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("vn ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(2).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { if(reverseNormals){ tempNormalArrayList.add(new Vector3D(-Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), -Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), -Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]))); } else{ tempNormalArrayList.add(new Vector3D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]))); } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading normal list"); return 0; } String nx = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).x); String ny = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).y); String nz = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).z); //Log.d(TAG, "normal " + String.valueOf(j) + ": " + nx + ", " + ny + ", " + nz); j++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("vt ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(2).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { tempTextureCoordArrayList.add(new TextureCoord2D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]))); } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading texture coordinate list"); return 0; } String tu = String.valueOf(tempTextureCoordArrayList.get(k).tu); String tv = String.valueOf(tempTextureCoordArrayList.get(k).tv); //Log.d(TAG, "texture coord " + String.valueOf(k) + ": " + tu + ", " + tv); k++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("f ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(1).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); for (int index = 0; index <= 2; index++) { stringArray2 = stringArray[index].split("/"); try { indexNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[0]) - 1; if(indexNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: indexNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading indexNumberList[]"); return 0; } try{ textureCoordNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[1]) - 1; if(textureCoordNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: textureCoordNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading textureCoordNumberList[]"); return 0; } try{ normalNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[2]) - 1; if(normalNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: normalNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading normalNumberList[]"); return 0; } } tempFaceArrayList.add(new Face3D(indexNumberList[0], textureCoordNumberList[0], normalNumberList[0], indexNumberList[1], textureCoordNumberList[1], normalNumberList[1], indexNumberList[2], textureCoordNumberList[2], normalNumberList[2])); } body.append(nextLine); body.append('\n'); } //Now that everything has successfully loaded, you can now populate the public variables. if(tempVertexArrayList != null && tempVertexArrayList.size() != 0) vertexArrayList.addAll(tempVertexArrayList); if(tempTextureCoordArrayList != null && tempTextureCoordArrayList.size() != 0) textureCoordArrayList.addAll(tempTextureCoordArrayList); if(tempNormalArrayList != null && tempNormalArrayList.size() != 0) normalArrayList.addAll(tempNormalArrayList); if(tempFaceArrayList != null && tempFaceArrayList.size() != 0) faceArrayList.addAll(tempFaceArrayList); vertexList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; indexList = new short[faceArrayList.size() * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; colorList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; textureCoordList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; normalList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; int nextFace = 0; int step = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < vertexList.length; currentVertex += step){ vertexList[currentVertex + 0] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 1] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 2] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 3] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).w; vertexList[currentVertex + 4] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 5] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 6] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 7] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).w; vertexList[currentVertex + 8] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 9] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 10] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 11] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).w; nextFace++; } numberOfVertices = vertexList.length / POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; nextFace = 0; for (int currentIndex = 0; currentIndex < indexList.length; currentIndex += NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE){ indexList[currentIndex + 0] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0).shortValue(); indexList[currentIndex + 1] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1).shortValue(); indexList[currentIndex + 2] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2).shortValue(); } step = COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < colorList.length; currentVertex += step){ colorList[currentVertex + 0] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 1] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 2] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 3] = alpha; colorList[currentVertex + 4] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 5] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 6] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 7] = alpha; colorList[currentVertex + 8] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 9] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 10] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 11] = alpha; } nextFace = 0; step = TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < textureCoordList.length; currentVertex += step){ textureCoordList[currentVertex + 0] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(0)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 1] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(0)).tv * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 2] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(1)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 3] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(1)).tv * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 4] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(2)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 5] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(2)).tv * mult; nextFace++; } nextFace = 0; step = NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < normalList.length; currentVertex += step){ normalList[currentVertex + 0] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 1] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 2] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).z; normalList[currentVertex + 3] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 4] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 5] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).z; normalList[currentVertex + 6] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 7] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 8] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).z; nextFace++; } vertexBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(vertexList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); indexBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(indexList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asShortBuffer(); colorBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(colorList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); textureCoordBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(textureCoordList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); normalBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(normalList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); vertexBuffer.put(vertexList).position(0); indexBuffer.put(indexList).position(0); colorBuffer.put(colorList).position(0); textureCoordBuffer.put(textureCoordList).position(0); normalBuffer.put(normalList).position(0); createVertexBuffer(); uMVPMatrixHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_MVPMATRIX); uMVMatrixHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_MVMATRIX); uTextureUnitHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_TEXTURE_UNIT); aPositionHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_POSITION); aColorHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_COLOR); aTextureCoordinateHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_TEXTURE_COORDINATES); aNormalHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_NORMAL); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aPositionHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aColorHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aTextureCoordinateHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aNormalHandle); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glUniform1i(uTextureUnitHandle, 0); } catch(IOException e){ } } catch (Resources.NotFoundException nfe){ throw new RuntimeException("Resource not found: " + resourceID, nfe); } return 1; } public void draw(){ glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); bindData(); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLES, 0, faceArrayList.size() * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); } public void bindData(){ int offset = 0; glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glVertexAttribPointer(aPositionHandle, POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D, GL_FLOAT, false, POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D, offset); offset += POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; glVertexAttribPointer(aColorHandle, COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); offset += COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT; glVertexAttribPointer(aTextureCoordinateHandle, TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); offset += TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT; glVertexAttribPointer(aNormalHandle, NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// /* vertexBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aPositionHandle, POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D, GL_FLOAT, false, POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D, vertexBuffer); colorBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aColorHandle, COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE, colorBuffer); textureCoordBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aTextureCoordinateHandle, TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE, textureCoordBuffer); normalBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aNormalHandle, NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE, normalBuffer); */ } public void createVertexBuffer(){ glGenBuffers(1, vertexBufferObject, 0); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER,numberOfVertices * (POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D + COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT + TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT + NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT) * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, null, GL_STATIC_DRAW); int offset = 0; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, offset, numberOfVertices * POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, vertexBuffer); offset += POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, colorBuffer); offset += COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, textureCoordBuffer); offset += TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, normalBuffer); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); }  
  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!