Blank

Started by
7 comments, last by toheka1brian 6 years, 6 months ago

Blank

Advertisement

Have you looked at the success of Kickstarter campaigns lately for unknown devs?  The odds are not great, unless you're going for a few thousand dollars and even then they're kinda slim.  If you have something playable you can record from you might have a bit more of a chance.  You say you have a team of programmers but they're not listed on the site.  Unless you mean the modders?...

Anyway, best of luck to  you!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

3 minutes ago, Mike2343 said:

Have you looked at the success of Kickstarter campaigns lately for unknown devs?  The odds are not great, unless you're going for a few thousand dollars and even then they're kinda slim.  If you have something playable you can record from you might have a bit more of a chance.  You say you have a team of programmers but they're not listed on the site.  Unless you mean the modders?...

Anyway, best of luck to  you!

How is this relevant to the post?  Unless you're looking to help, there's no need to post passive aggressive posts like this

It was not passive aggressive.  I was actually attempting to be helpful in giving you a realistic idea of what is going on with Kickstarter right now.  Guess I should have mentioned there are other crowd sources that are doing better apparently, like Fig.  Sorry for trying to be helpful I guess?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

29 minutes ago, Mike2343 said:

It was not passive aggressive.  I was actually attempting to be helpful in giving you a realistic idea of what is going on with Kickstarter right now.  Guess I should have mentioned there are other crowd sources that are doing better apparently, like Fig.  Sorry for trying to be helpful I guess?

All your post did was down play my post when there is nothing to down play. You didn't offer helpful suggestions or offer to join the team. You just made critiques

Actually it kept you on the latest content page longer as it's being bumped :)  Also, clearly there were things to point out that you seemingly haven't thought of.  This was meant with the best intentions, regardless of how you took them.  I offered you questions to ask yourself.  Kickstarter is sorta dead for indie devs.  A lot of people in the dev scene know this and might take a project solely focused on it less serious or bypass it.  Since you're able to edit your post you could update it to say "seeking crowd sourced funding..."  Also, most people are thankful for critiques as they give you the chance to improve.  Apparently, you're not one of them.

So again, I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Attention, passive aggressive post ahead:

First, I think that Mike's post was a legitimate objection from the succeeding side of view and he is right that the great Kickstarter era seems to be over as there are know other platforms/possibilties people could choose from. Patreon for example or if you already have something playable there is Steam for example to pre-finance alpha state games and get feedback. And if you have a team of coders, just let the world know that and (if they agree), who they are. This makes your project seem more serious.

Anyways, currently it sounds like all the other "lets build a studio" posts here, you want

8 hours ago, toheka1brian said:

for director role prefer someone with lots of experience in champion splash arts

but dont want/are able to pay for them whats confirmed implicitely from

8 hours ago, toheka1brian said:

I have been working on a project with student volunteers ... transition to more seasoned designers

what sounds like "so I have had some people that brought my game to a point where I now want to kick them all off and replace by more experienced/professional people for same conditions. Do not expect professional people that are talented to join your club while those will mostly already have there payed jobs. Do not expect people to work for free with an uncertainly maybe/maybe not refund. And at least dont expect a mobile app to get that much fund/yield that much profit to keep those people in your "maybe company".

On every payed app on the mobile market you will have a dozens of free/freemium apps and at least "something like <insert whatever here>" will not has a strange lifetime in my opinion. Also people on the mobile market do not want to pay a full priced game especially they did not hear about before. I would suggest to look at App Store/Play Store trends for a market analysis.

Dont get me wrong, I respect people that are willing to fund a company to bring there desired games to life. (... But not this way)

10 hours ago, Shaarigan said:

Attention, passive aggressive post ahead:

First, I think that Mike's post was a legitimate objection from the succeeding side of view and he is right that the great Kickstarter era seems to be over as there are know other platforms/possibilties people could choose from. Patreon for example or if you already have something playable there is Steam for example to pre-finance alpha state games and get feedback. And if you have a team of coders, just let the world know that and (if they agree), who they are. This makes your project seem more serious.

Anyways, currently it sounds like all the other "lets build a studio" posts here, you want

but dont want/are able to pay for them whats confirmed implicitely from

what sounds like "so I have had some people that brought my game to a point where I now want to kick them all off and replace by more experienced/professional people for same conditions. Do not expect professional people that are talented to join your club while those will mostly already have there payed jobs. Do not expect people to work for free with an uncertainly maybe/maybe not refund. And at least dont expect a mobile app to get that much fund/yield that much profit to keep those people in your "maybe company".

On every payed app on the mobile market you will have a dozens of free/freemium apps and at least "something like <insert whatever here>" will not has a strange lifetime in my opinion. Also people on the mobile market do not want to pay a full priced game especially they did not hear about before. I would suggest to look at App Store/Play Store trends for a market analysis.

Dont get me wrong, I respect people that are willing to fund a company to bring there desired games to life. (... But not this way)

I never said I didn't want to pay, I simply was transparent about what I could offer given my limitations. Also, it said preferred meaning I'd be ok with someone who wasn't. Also I never said I was going to actively replace who I have now like a flip of a hat. They are student volunteers meaning they have their own goals that they're striving for which isn't this project. Something I was ok with and understood. Also, as part of their program they are only required 180 hours on an project and some have already expressed that that's what they are on the project for. So what if I wanted to use Kickstarter? If people were ok with that why not let them be? Instead of asking questions about something you didn't understand or have the full facts on you instead chose to publicly humiliate my post and even poke fun at earlier responses I made. Well congrats I had to kill the post cause your comments trying to make me look like the bad guy or that I don't know what I'm doing. If you actually asked me questions I could have answered and filled in the gaps I didn't feel was needed to be in the post. Like the both of you didn't need to make those responses and were quite rude for no reason. If anyone is the bad guy here it's you two. But, I'm sure you'll believe that you did nothing wrong here. There was literally was no reason to tear apart my post. If people wanted to join, why persuade otherwise just because you think it's bad when again you didn't even know the full facts or have different opinions of Kickstarter. Thanks again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement