Sign in to follow this  
suliman

Top-down shooter / zombie survival. Plz try it!

Odd i don't know why you have this problem, here is the file if its missing from your directx installation:

directx missing file

Put it in your C:\Windows\System32 folder. If that doesnt work, try putting it in the same folder as game.exe.

Anyone else? Feedback? Problems?

Edited by suliman

Strange, others that have tested it doesn't have that problem so I'm not sure how to help you. Can you run other directx applications?

For Mac/Linux: Could i convert the project you mean? To recode everything in JAVA however will not be a viable option however, and i guess that would be needed.

again i would love to play it, ill try it on a different pc soon.

as for java, if you can learn c++ you can learn java (use a java 2d engine). with java everything i create can run on pc,mac and linux (all the user needs is java installed), also i use opengl based engine so no directx bugs or strange stuff.

also you can convert it to corona sdk (lua) so you can port it to ios android and windows phone easily.

i have converted hole games from one language to another (some were abscure programming/scriptng languages) but the logic is the same. in fact i also used the same code structure and design pattren/ framework (aka world entity).

i dont see any problem for you unless you see it as a dead project. even in that case you can still learn new tools to cover as much platforms as you can.

"recode" copy paste and change the syntex, its not like you need to invent the hole thing from scratch(well java have no pointers).

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By LollipopGlock
      Hello, I'm Lollipop.
      I have hobby project it is in very beginning phases. I'm looking for people to come in see my ideas and add input, nicely and respectfully poke holes in everything and even contribute if they desire. It's all concept, ideas, some story line, concept features,  some characters. It is original creative fantasy with hopes of being open world, mmo-rpg.

Thank you and be kind
    • By suliman
      Hi!
      My third alpha is out and I would love some feedback.
      You play as one (or two in co-op) survivor that must travel the land and survive the infected hordes, looners and bandits. You stop in locations but are always pressed as the hordes will start pouring in. Collect resources (food, fuel, medical supplies and ammo) and weapons and head for the goal!
      Tips
      Hold Spacebar to see help and controls. Always quickly switch to a melee weapon if running out of ammo Loot everything if you have time to loot, including cartrunks Choose locations that have the loot you need (such as gas station for fuel) Try to avoid running out of fuel or having your car break down. Walking is dangerous! Download (50 MB, works with windows only, you DON'T need dropbox to download):
      Damnation road (beta 1b)
      Some additions are:
      1. Roadblocks. Both the raiders and the military will block your path and you need to clear them before continuing.
      2. You can now actually complete the campaign. At the end there is a final large fight!
      3. Saving. You can quit and continue later. On death however, the single-slot save file is reset! (perma-death)
      4. Lots of balancing! And more flamethrowers:)

• By FluffexStudios
      Hello all,   We are a group of small developers who worked on our game project Stitched for the past 3 years. Stitched got greenlit several months ago and ever since we been hard at work to make this project into an amazing horror narrative experience as possible. Now we are very happy to announce that our game is released on Steam! Please let us know what you think of it!   Check out our game below:   Steam store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/727340/Stitched/       Abstract: Stitched tells around the story of a girl who find herself trapped in a doll factory and must muster enough courage to escape monstrous creatures in the factory. It is a horror game focused on atmosphere and exploration. There are also various puzzles to test the player's wit.   Synopsis: Stitched is a horror adventure game that strings together the thrilling story of Catherine Stockholmes, an otherwise ordinary girl. The story begins with Catherine waking up in an eerie doll factory. With a great desire to escape, Catherine is forced to venture through the factory. But little does she know that terrible fates always befall the curious ones. Will Catherine muster enough courage to needle her way out of the factory? Or will she fall into sheer despair and perish?   Trailer: Character Bio: Catherine Stockhomes is an 18 year old girl with a sweet and honest personality. She was diagnosed with a serious heart condition at a young age. Her symptoms will worsen whenever she is frightened. This can potentially lead to her passing out or worse, death.   Setting: The story take place in a mysterious doll factory.   Features:   - Compelling story - Unsettling atmosphere - Meticulously detailed, hand drawn cut scenes - Thoroughly developed characters - Heart-stopping chase sequences - A variety of engaging puzzles   Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace   Screenshots:   Price: $7.99   Steam store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/727340/Stitched/   Follow us on: Facebook Twitter IndieDB Steam   Cheers! Fluffex Studios
    • By Luckless
      I just noticed that my forum name was showing as Talroth, which I hadn't been using here since one of the major site overhauls (Which ever update allowed us to change user names.) Honestly no idea how long that had been showing as such, but going in and manually setting it to Luckless in Account Settings appears to have taken hold. 
      I've only been skimming the forums rather infrequently, so really can't say one way or the other if others may have been affected. 

Everything seems to be working fine currently, so hopefully no need for any action on it. Only posting this as a bit of a heads up in case it was a symptom of some larger glitch. 
    • By Strifexxx
      Hi guys, check out our new game about sticks. Feedback welcome!
      Download on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stickman.dismount.heroes
      Youtube: 

Stickman Dismount 3 Heroes is a sequel to the legendary game of survival, where to make incredible tricks, driving different transport and getting into different crash! The game is made in the best traditions of simulator games with ragdoll physics elements. Make incredible jumps and tricks and destroy the enemy! Your task is make the finish alive or dead! 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/577850349043463/
      VK: https://vk.com/club122273704
  • Popular Now