• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Top-down shooter / zombie survival. Plz try it!

Advertisement

looks cool but i got an error "xinput1_4.dll is missing on your computer".

and if you want cross platform use java and fat jar maker tool, that will allow you to publish to mac and linux (a few developers i know use only linux sadly they wouldn't be able to play this game).

Odd i don't know why you have this problem, here is the file if its missing from your directx installation:

directx missing file

Put it in your C:\Windows\System32 folder. If that doesnt work, try putting it in the same folder as game.exe.

Anyone else? Feedback? Problems?

Edited by suliman

Strange, others that have tested it doesn't have that problem so I'm not sure how to help you. Can you run other directx applications?

For Mac/Linux: Could i convert the project you mean? To recode everything in JAVA however will not be a viable option however, and i guess that would be needed.

again i would love to play it, ill try it on a different pc soon.

as for java, if you can learn c++ you can learn java (use a java 2d engine). with java everything i create can run on pc,mac and linux (all the user needs is java installed), also i use opengl based engine so no directx bugs or strange stuff.

also you can convert it to corona sdk (lua) so you can port it to ios android and windows phone easily.

i have converted hole games from one language to another (some were abscure programming/scriptng languages) but the logic is the same. in fact i also used the same code structure and design pattren/ framework (aka world entity).

i dont see any problem for you unless you see it as a dead project. even in that case you can still learn new tools to cover as much platforms as you can.

"recode" copy paste and change the syntex, its not like you need to invent the hole thing from scratch(well java have no pointers).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By shooter9688
      Once I needed a program for packing an atlas with 3d models. I could not find one, so I made it.
      Now it has only basic functionality. Should I improve it further? Does it need someone else?

Link to download(for Windows): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CLizcUAOsYnbdfyKCYDcGxmso79GPBuv
    • By HouseAndMoon
      I make a game on my own. I do not use forums (until now) or social media programs to talk about it, I just do it. So the problem is: I finished the game, I published the game for android, no one (ok, 3 persons) check the game. So I see 2 possibilities: either the game is really, really bad (I suck) or I have no idea how to promote my game (this one is true for sure). I really think the game is rather fun but maybe I completely wrong. So, how the hell I check if my game is good or not and how the hell can I do some little promotion of my game for free. I would stop caring about the game if the game is really bad, but I sincerely think it is not. I would be grateful if someone post an opinion about this.
      Thanks.
    • By zapoco
      Hey everyone, my name is Tom, and I'm the creator for the MMORPG called Zapoco. A text-based MMORPG, set in a zombie apocalyptic setting where you can train, scavenge, fight other players, build safehouses, trade and do a bunch of other cool stuff.
      I built it to be fully browser based lets you play from any device with a web browser for free, no downloads or personal details required, just an email address
      I've been working incredibly hard over the past few months on this, and am very proud of what I've been able to accomplish with it, and I hope for some of you to be able to play it and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it! I'll also gladly address any comments, questions, criticism, concerns, or anything else you may have (I apologize if this isn't allowed to be posted here, if it's not, feel free to remove it). Thank you.
      Link: https://www.zapoco.com
    • By Arthur Lobato

Hey guys.

Me and my friend are brazilian game  fans and we  finally launched our first game: Torto Turtle. We are looking to read feedback from people in the business. It is a word puzzle game, with a very good dictionary and fancy challenges over the course of the levels. We developed the game in Corona and did a lot of work on the design and visuals of the game.
      It is free to play with a tiny in-app purchase system. For now it is only at AppStore. Depending on the feedback and download number we will finish the Android version and launch it too.
      The download link is :
      https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/torto-turtle/id1212038366?mt=8

Or just search for "Torto Turtle" on the appstore and you will easily find our game.
      All feedback are appreciated.
      Thanks a lot, guys.

• Advertisement