• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft to Deliver Closing Keynote at Develop:VR

Microsoft will deliver the closing keynote at the Develop:VR conference and expo taking place on 9 November at Olympia London.

The keynote entitled Windows Mixed Reality: Developing for the Virtual Continuum, to be presented by Pete Daukintis, Technical Evangelist and Mike Taulty, Developer Evangelist will focus on bringing existing developers skills and apps to Windows Mixed Reality devices such as HoloLens and forthcoming immersive headsets.

The session will review the current Windows Mixed Reality landscape, followed by an in-depth demonstration on where they excel, as well as teaching prospective developers what they need to know regarding platforms, tools, frameworks, runtimes, languages and resources that are available to them.

Sessions also confirmed today for Develop:VR:

Funding Question Time
A panel consisting of Martin de Ronde, creative director at Force Field VR, Dave Ranyard, founder of Dream Reality Interactive, Thomas Gere from Realities Centre and chaired by Ella Romanos, founder of Rocket Lolly Games will discuss their experiences of getting their latest projects funder, the new trends in funding and how to think outside the box on making your next funding round a success.

VR and Moral Panic
New forms of media can sometimes trigger sensationalised fear and worry from the mass media and then, the public – a phenomena that sociologists describe as ‘moral panic’. VR is the perfect moral panic case study. Catherine Allen, VR Curator and Producer will demonstrate how the knowledge of a new technology’s very existence can bring out society’s deep down hopes and fears about humanity’s future.

View full story

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By mc_wiggly_fingers
      Is it possible to asynchronously create a Texture2D using DirectX11?
      I have a native Unity plugin that downloads 8K textures from a server and displays them to the user for a VR application. This works well, but there's a large frame drop when calling CreateTexture2D. To remedy this, I've tried creating a separate thread that creates the texture, but the frame drop is still present.
      Is there anything else that I could do to prevent that frame drop from occuring?
    • By i3di
      Heroes & Legend is an epic fantasy role play game that I believe will set new standards in role playing.  Featuring a rich audio score of over 50+ sound tracks.  Currently the game has four on board developers, designers, programmers, and music composers.  I am taking on eight more people that are dedicated.  You may view six of our audio scores in our first audio enticement video here:
      Vimeo:
      YouTube:

Gamedev - Project:
      Gamedev - Blog
      Company Website - Under Construction
      http://www.i3dix.com

Summary:
      We are looking for artists familiar with iClone7, iClone Character Creator 2, Blender, PBR, and the 3D Exchange Pipeline.  We also need some entry level to proficient Unreal 4 Developers who can help in getting World Max - I, our premier procedural world generator out on Unreal 4 market.  This procedural world generator utilizes a 2D Vector Database for SRTM and Natural Earth database importing or creating large worlds smaller or larger than earth with latitude, longitude, Bathymetry and topographical overlay.  I am a 25+ year software engineer in charge of the company and would be considered a 10+ year software engineer.
      Also, I am taking on a couple positions for Java Developers to create our companies premier Content Management System complete with a Web Hosting Module, Project Management Module, Subversion Module, interacting on a Linux System with a LAMP + T setup, subversion repository, who can also manage Network Administration.  Assets are synched via one-drive, projects maintained via private GitHub repositories.  
      Will train applicants, so don't be a cissy, try me, and let's see if you have what it takes to be a partner.
      All potential partners must sign a company NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) and Business Agreement via DocuSign.  Profit share on all products is 0.025% of the 10% quarterly budgeted net for payment.  If you think you have what this takes, then I look forward to hearing from you. 
    • By Drewdiddy611
      Have some UE4 experience with C++, some c# (outside of unity), mostly Java/JavaScript/PHP oriented background.  Just looking to get more practice in the game development area.  LF UE4 preferrably, but am open to anything.  
      Reply here and I will be in touch! Thanks
      -Andrew
    • By Amir darrag
      Hello guys
      I need tutorial to learn How can i create a game server for save my game from hack
    • By khawk
      The European market for VR, AR, and MR is competing with those in the US and Asia, according to a new report by VR Intelligence and SuperData.
      With the help of industry experts from Epic, KLM and nDreams, the free report explores the biggest opportunities for driving mass adoption on the content, across consumer and enterprise.
      The white paper features:
      Front line insight from senior leaders @ Unreal Engine, KLM and nDreams + brand new data from SuperData Exclusive details on growing and emerging projects in the European market The reasons businesses are (or are not) focusing on the European market Details on which leading companies are driving the European market and why they are ahead The white paper can be downloaded for free from here: http://bit.ly/2nt3rB3.
      Jasmine Kees, Project Director at VR Intelligence, said, “With this report, we’ve tried to give both a quantitative and qualitative overview of the European VR, AR and MR market. It’s encouraging to see these figures from SuperData, particularly when backed up with such positive words from Epic, KLM and nDreams, gearing us up nicely for VRX Europe in Amsterdam this May”.
      The white paper can be downloaded for free from here: http://bit.ly/2nt3rB3.
      For more on VRX Europe 2018 (Amsterdam, May 17-18): http://events.vr-intelligence.com/europe/.

View full story
  • Advertisement