• Advertisement

3D Easy get 3d models

Hello! I want share new tool http://modelshub.org. This tool will allow you to convert 3D models in to OBJ format from p3d.in and other sites. In case success work, you get zip-archive contents geometry, materials library and textures.

Advertisement

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Atwo Studios

Hey guys,

Anthony here from Atwo Studios bringing you some new updates for the new year!
      In this video I go over our game ROY, the new games and some general updates to the company!

If you have not checked out ROY feel free to give it a try! Many people have said they enjoyed the game thus far!
      ROY: https://goo.gl/o6JJ5P

• By Luhan M.
      I'm nearly finishing my Pong game, and I was wondering if I should encapsulate things such as physics, rendering, sound, in such a small game.
    • By standinonstilts
      Hi, I am new to Game Development and am currently making my first game in Unity using c#. I am a second year uni student studying computer science (internet security specialization). I am new to unity and have had trouble understanding how the game engine actually functions and how I should use the engine to my advantage when programming. Currently I am making a RPG and want to implement an efficient and scalable item database. My plan is to store all items in the game in an xml database using the built in unity xml serializer. I have an abstract class item -> weapon, armour, potion, ring etc. Each of these classes have respective values (damage, cost etc.). For a relatively generic and straightforward item system: How would you organize your code? What interfaces/classes/other would you implement; why? In your experience what kinds of issues have you run into and how did you work around them? Is there any other advice with regards to rpg design in general?
    • By evelyn4you
      hi,
      until now i use typical vertexshader approach for skinning with a Constantbuffer containing the transform matrix for the bones and an the vertexbuffer containing bone index and bone weight.
      Now i have implemented realtime environment  probe cubemaping so i have to render my scene from many point of views and the time for skinning takes too long because it is recalculated for every side of the cubemap.
      For Info i am working on Win7 an therefore use one Shadermodel 5.0 not 5.x that have more options, or is there a way to use 5.x in Win 7
      My Graphic Card is Directx 12 compatible NVidia GTX 960
      the member turanszkij has posted a good for me understandable compute shader. ( for Info: in his engine he uses an optimized version of it )
      https://turanszkij.wordpress.com/2017/09/09/skinning-in-compute-shader/
      Now my questions
       is it possible to feed the compute shader with my orignial vertexbuffer or do i have to copy it in several ByteAdressBuffers as implemented in the following code ?
        the same question is about the constant buffer of the matrixes
       my more urgent question is how do i feed my normal pipeline with the result of the compute Shader which are 2 RWByteAddressBuffers that contain position an normal
      for example i could use 2 vertexbuffer bindings
      1 containing only the uv coordinates
      2.containing position and normal
      How do i copy from the RWByteAddressBuffers to the vertexbuffer ?

(Code from turanszkij )
      Here is my shader implementation for skinning a mesh in a compute shader:
      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 struct Bone { float4x4 pose; }; StructuredBuffer<Bone> boneBuffer;   ByteAddressBuffer vertexBuffer_POS; // T-Pose pos ByteAddressBuffer vertexBuffer_NOR; // T-Pose normal ByteAddressBuffer vertexBuffer_WEI; // bone weights ByteAddressBuffer vertexBuffer_BON; // bone indices   RWByteAddressBuffer streamoutBuffer_POS; // skinned pos RWByteAddressBuffer streamoutBuffer_NOR; // skinned normal RWByteAddressBuffer streamoutBuffer_PRE; // previous frame skinned pos   inline void Skinning(inout float4 pos, inout float4 nor, in float4 inBon, in float4 inWei) {  float4 p = 0, pp = 0;  float3 n = 0;  float4x4 m;  float3x3 m3;  float weisum = 0;   // force loop to reduce register pressure  // though this way we can not interleave TEX - ALU operations  [loop]  for (uint i = 0; ((i &lt; 4) &amp;&amp; (weisum&lt;1.0f)); ++i)  {  m = boneBuffer[(uint)inBon].pose;  m3 = (float3x3)m;   p += mul(float4(pos.xyz, 1), m)*inWei;  n += mul(nor.xyz, m3)*inWei;   weisum += inWei;  }   bool w = any(inWei);  pos.xyz = w ? p.xyz : pos.xyz;  nor.xyz = w ? n : nor.xyz; }   [numthreads(1024, 1, 1)] void main( uint3 DTid : SV_DispatchThreadID ) {  const uint fetchAddress = DTid.x * 16; // stride is 16 bytes for each vertex buffer now...   uint4 pos_u = vertexBuffer_POS.Load4(fetchAddress);  uint4 nor_u = vertexBuffer_NOR.Load4(fetchAddress);  uint4 wei_u = vertexBuffer_WEI.Load4(fetchAddress);  uint4 bon_u = vertexBuffer_BON.Load4(fetchAddress);   float4 pos = asfloat(pos_u);  float4 nor = asfloat(nor_u);  float4 wei = asfloat(wei_u);  float4 bon = asfloat(bon_u);   Skinning(pos, nor, bon, wei);   pos_u = asuint(pos);  nor_u = asuint(nor);   // copy prev frame current pos to current frame prev pos streamoutBuffer_PRE.Store4(fetchAddress, streamoutBuffer_POS.Load4(fetchAddress)); // write out skinned props:  streamoutBuffer_POS.Store4(fetchAddress, pos_u);  streamoutBuffer_NOR.Store4(fetchAddress, nor_u); }  
    • By mister345
      Hi, can someone please explain why this is giving an assertion EyePosition!=0 exception?

_lightBufferVS->viewMatrix = DirectX::XMMatrixLookAtLH(XMLoadFloat3(&_lightBufferVS->position), XMLoadFloat3(&_lookAt), XMLoadFloat3(&up));
      It looks like DirectX doesnt want the 2nd parameter to be a zero vector in the assertion, but I passed in a zero vector with this exact same code in another program and it ran just fine. (Here is the version of the code that worked - note XMLoadFloat3(&m_lookAt) parameter value is (0,0,0) at runtime - I debugged it - but it throws no exceptions.
          m_viewMatrix = DirectX::XMMatrixLookAtLH(XMLoadFloat3(&m_position), XMLoadFloat3(&m_lookAt), XMLoadFloat3(&up)); Here is the repo for the broken code (See LightClass) https://github.com/mister51213/DirectX11Engine/blob/master/DirectX11Engine/LightClass.cpp
      and here is the repo with the alternative version of the code that is working with a value of (0,0,0) for the second parameter.
      https://github.com/mister51213/DX11Port_SoftShadows/blob/master/Engine/lightclass.cpp
  • Advertisement