• Advertisement
Half-Rats

[Revshare] (UE4) Animators Needed to Finish Prototype

We got a problem that needs solving...Our game, "Half-Rats - Man out of Place and Time" needs someone, or several someones who is/are quite familiar with Unreal's suite of animation tools, and the 3D art/animation pipeline. We've got a full, active team, we just need some folks like you to really get things...well, MOVING!

A link to the game's page: http://www.moddb.com/games/half-rats

promo2.thumb.png.7c691b92f9e639a342ecd899713cc0f0.pngPromo1.thumb.png.1fb62b645bd6f57868c2909246a25896.png

59d9ad3618eef_MooreHouse.thumb.jpg.4403091c2af8475e4e421de1c2781484.jpg

Buddy.thumb.png.6342766525f262ff2797ba83e3eb0d3e.png

ColtHP3.thumb.png.d9153520f266491c00b362c871e00ed3.png

Meet the Team!

Kurt "Half-Rats" Nelson - Project Director, Writer, Lead Designer

Cameron - Gameplay Programming

James Perkins - AI Programming

Draylon Polk - Enviornment Artist/Texture Artist

Joe Bolzenius - Enviornment Artist/Texture Artist

Ryan Kohr - Environment Artist/Texture Artist

Vector Baccam - Props Artist

Sergey Karabaev - Weapon Artist

Saurav Sihna - Character Artist

Oliver "Frag" Curtis - Level Designer

Nicholas Welch - HUD Animation

Devan Miller - Resident VA

If you're interested, contact us at heathgames@outlook.com

or get at me here, or on skype...

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By plz717
      Hello, everyone! I hope my problem isn't too 'beginnerish'. I'm doing research on motion synthesis now, trying to implement the Deep Mimic paper (DeepMimic) by BINPENG XUE, in this paper, I need to first retarget character A's motion to another character B to make the reference motion clips for character B, since we don't have character B‘s reference motion. The most important thing is that in the paper, the author copied character A's joint's rotation with respective to joint's local coordinate system (not the parent) to character B. In my personal understanding, the joint's rotation with respective to joint's local coordinate system is something like that in the attached photo, where for the Elbow joint, i need to get the Elbow's rotation in the elbow's local coordinate system (i'm very grateful for you to share your ideas if i have misunderstanding about it 🙂)
      I have searched many materials on the internet about how to extract the local joint's information from FBX, the most relative one i found is the pivot rotation( and geometric transformation, object offset transformation). I'm a beginner in computer graphics, and i'm confused about whether the pivot rotation( or geometric transformation, object offset transformation) is exactly the joint's local rotation i'm seeking? I hope someone that have any ideas can help me, I'd be very grateful for any pointers in the right direction. Thanks in advance! 

• By Paul Bto
      State of the search
      I'm not looking / I'm still looking

Description
      It is a third person game where you join more players to fight against bosses in the PvE style of the mmorpg, looking for online companions to help you defeat your enemy, where everyone does their respective work, such as tank, dps or heal, in groups of 5 or 10 players.
      The difference with other mmorpg is that here, since there is no open world, you will not have to go through it doing hundreds of missions and using many hours to get to the content that really interests you, which, in the case of PvE, are the dungeons and raids.

Objectives of the project
      For this project we will first make a demo that will only be the boss of a 5 player dungeon.
      The first phase of this project is to release a video gameplay for crowdfunding (kickstarter maybe), so we will focus more on the visual, which could be falsified if the mechanics do not work. If the crowdfunding gives green light would be the game, which if in turn would work would be updated in the future with more dungeons and bands. The ideal would be to make a playable demo.

Compensation
      If this game generates benefits outside crowdfunding, the profits will be distributed depending on the work and disbursement of each one.

Technology
      Unreal. If you want to learn how to use this software with the project, you can.

Required profiles
      - At the moment 2 Programmers (if has multiplayer knowledge in Unreal better).

- 1 2D Artist to make the interface design and some concepts. You are going to try make interfaces like this:

It would be ideal if you can devote at least 7 hours by week.
      It is a plus if you have experience with high level PvE content in some mmorpg.

Team structure
      Pablo. Environment artist.
      Diego. Character artist.

Web
      Waiting until the equipment is assembled.

Contact
      pablo.barreto.jimenez@gmail.com

Additional Information
      I have the GDD, it depends on the work but, I think the demo could be done in 6 months.
      Here I leave some images of what I did of the project in Unity, where basically I have been testing (The project will be done in Unreal):

Desired feedback
      If you think you can give me some advice about the project, feel free to give your opinion.

• By owenjr
      Hi, I'm a Multimedia Engineering student. I am about to finish my dergree and I'm already thinking about what topic to cover in my final college project.
      I'm interested in the procedural animation with c++ and OpenGL of creatures, something like a spider for example. Can someone tell me what are the issues I should investigate to carry it out? I understand that it has some dependence on artificial intelligence but I do not know to what extent. Can someone help me to find information about it? Thank you very much.

Examples: 
      - Procedural multi-legged walking animation
      - Procedural Locomotion of Multi-Legged Characters in Dynamic Environments
    • By davejones
      A developer I am working with has sent me a project that when packaged is in VR mode, however its not supposed to be. So when I package the project to windows in unreal engine 4, the screen is split in 2 as if its VR. Would anyone know how to get the project out of VR mode so that its just a 3D game? I have disabled VR  plugins and chekced through the project settinsg to untick any VR setting, but still not managed to get it out of VR mode. 
    • By davejones
      Is there a way to automatically change the start position of an animation? I have a bunch of animations set up on 3D models in unity. The issue is that I need to move the 3D models, however when I do so the animation start positions are not updated and I have to do it manually.

Changing the transform of key frames is time consuming with the amount of animations I have, so I was wondering if there was a way to do it automatically?
    • By MelonCollie
      Hi Everyone,

My name is Bob Pepek, I'm an audio post production engineer for film / TV. I'm looking to try my hand at Game Audio. Did you know that great sound design is rarely ever noticed but is always felt by an audience? That's where I can help.
      I've worked as the dialogue editor and sound designer for Sprout / NBC's Saturday morning cartoon Astroblast. I sound design for the web-series Channelate (hosted by Explosm / Cyanide and Happiness). Though most notably work as the go-to sound designer for the hundreds of the LEGO Star Wars / Marvel / Ninjago product animations and mini-movies.

My past sound design clients include NBC, ESPN, LucasArts, LEGO, Sprout Network, Disney, Sci-Fi Network, Walmart,  Sesame Street, The list goes on and on! Below I've included a link to my demo reel as well as other projects I have done sound design for:

Sound Design Reel
      https://vimeo.com/214093302

Other Work (Channelate, Explainer Vids, Ads)
      meloncollieproductions.com/work/

360 Sound Designs (LEGO Star Wars / Avengers: Infinity War)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdss2fANPQ
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7Leyaq780
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJzPu_tw6eY

Recent Film Work:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFXobIMAgM
      https://vimeo.com/273203490
      https://vimeo.com/229448486

If you're looking for a sound designer I'd love to help out! Feel free to reach out at bobpepek@gmail.com. 

Cheers,
      Bob
    • By Tibsun
      We are a growing team of hobbyists working on a small prototype for a horror game called Soulanity. We are working in Unreal Engine 4 and we need a few more members to help see this project to completion.

All team members must be active on discord and willing to show up to team meetings.  You will need a good internet connection to download the project and any updates. Beginners are welcome, but you need to be motivated and capable of working independently. Any profits gained from our projects will be split evenly among the team.
      The positions we need:
      Level Designer – We have one level designer who has done an awesome job so far, but they don’t have as much time to work on the project anymore, so we need someone to help complete the map
      3D Artist – We still need 3d models for general props like books, tools, shelves, janitorial supplies, and some organic modeling for characters and the environment.
      Rigging/Animation – Still need animations for the player character, the main antagonist, and 2 smaller mobs.
      Unreal Engine Programmer – This game is currently entirely coded in blueprints. Most of the basic gameplay mechanics are complete but there is still much more to do.

If you are interested in joining the team just add me on Discord and we’ll have a chat. Tibsun#1244

• By Anderfell
      **[ROYALTY]**  Note you may have seen this project before and it is not a copy just new account that is updated thank you.

Hello my name is Brandon,

We are currently seeking two new members for our team, before applying you must be aware that we are seeking people that are 100% committed to this project, you must be reachable within the day, replying to questions or responding to our messages and in general be actively online, otherwise I ask nicely that you do not apply.

The persons we are seeking are an experienced Programmer with knowledge  in c++ the c++ and familiarity with unreal is the main thing were seeking, other teams we are currently looking for are 3D artists to work on Humanoid models Props and more, were are also seeking other team members such as Generalists that understands the Unreal Engine, Animators for Human, Non Human and Objects were keeping the team small and having whats needed so feel free to apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SEEKING CURRENT POSITIONS]

[Animators] x 3 [ Human, Non Human, Rigging, FPS Hands]

[3D Artist]  x3 [ Organics, Human and Creatures, Props and Architecture

[Concept Artist] x2 [ Environments, Characters, Model Sheets, Coloring and Line Work,]  

[UI Artist] x1 [ Passion for Sci Fi Genre ]

[FX Artist] x1 [ Particle Effects, Shaders & Lighting, Texturing]

[Generalist] x 1 [ We would like someone that has good knowledge of Unreal Engine that can set up anything we need in Engine. ]

[Writer] x 1 [ We would need someone that can work with me on game documents, organisation of documents story arcs, character development, dialogue creation, text editing and other text related jobs. ]

[PROGRAMMER] "Game-play Mechanics "

The project is Royalties and when any fund raising is made you will also receive some funding based off that, this is divided depending on amount of hours made toward the game, there are no contracts till game turns to a more serious note.

The game is a Action RPG with online elements this will be an ongoing project, we are running ssh servers, and Prefroce. We have a small staff of experienced people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do have some artwork to show of the world a little and what it's about, If you are interested in joining the project please contact us at:

Anderfell info:
      Anderfell#5123 on Discord
      nevarra@hotmail.com email

We are active on Discord and maybe take a day or two to reply to emails on our website as we receive a few a daily we need to sort through thanks. 

https://digitalforgedstudios.com/

Comic Panel

http://imgur.com/a/905pd

Artwork

http://imgur.com/a/0JchV

Models

http://imgur.com/a/jdhWu

Game Document
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bNlP-qwR15BLGG66hDUcewqlWIPP4flnHxRwxfhNmTE/edit?usp=sharing

Regards Brandon
      Digital Forged Game Development Team.

• By Cello Gaming
      Hello I am looking for a team who are willing to work on a Realistic, Large, Story-based, Open-World, Survival, Horror game. I'm looking for a team that is willing to stay with me through the whole project. 
      For this project I will be needing:
      3D Modeler: Somebody who has a good understanding on how to create 3D models through Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, or any other Modeling programs of their choosing Animator: Someone able to rig and animate humans, non-humans, and machines. Artist: Someone able to make art for loading screens, GUIs, and Cover art. Environment Artist (2-3): Someone able to create a large open world for the players to explore Writer: Someone who has experience writing story-lines and can write dialogue for this project Sound Engineer: Somebody who can create sounds for character movements, environment, and animals     Ideas for The Project: - Shipwrecked on an island after getting caught in a storm out on the ocean - Start on the boat with all your friends and a bunch of NPCs where the ship doesn't crash until you talk to the captain - Able to search wreckage to find food, water, and a basic tool. - Locked areas in the wreckage that you need special tools or codes to open. - Secret chests you can find on the island through maps that you can find in abandoned houses, shacks, and wreckage of pirate ships. - Fishing rods to go fishing for different kinds of fish. - Cooking system to cook food on a grill or campfire which requires propane tanks or wood to continue burning - Underwater and land caves with plenty of resources - Mutant bosses that you can fight above or under water - Underwater life (Sharks, Fish, Large underwater Squid boss)   These are just ideas they may or may not be implemented in the final product. Any feedback on ideas for the game would be appreciated.   We will be setting up a kickstarter for people to support this, if this project gets up going, so watch for that.  
    • By davejones
      I have seen a number of posts about this topic but was wondering what the most effective way is. I have been working on a project in unreal engine 4 and am struggling to get virtual reality mode to work in the engine. A route I am pursuing to solve the problem is to use the unity game engine. I have a virtual reality template set up in unity and need to export the project from unreal engine 4 into unity. Whats the best way to export the project from UE4 and than import into unity?  
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!