I Am Overburdened - a silly roguelike [Steam & itch.io]

Started by
27 comments, last by Spidi 6 years, 5 months ago

I’m Tamás Karsai (Spidi) a solo game developer forming "Magic Item Tech". I used to grind for magic items day and night, now I’m building games using technology fueled by them :P . I would like to present my third completed solo game project from start to finish :) .

I Am Overburdened is a silly roguelike with a fun twist to the tried and true classical formula. The player takes the role of an artifact hunter, who has a surprisingly large carrying capacity, embarking on a quest to search through dungeon after dungeon for mystical artifacts and answers, in a world where magic has long been forgotten…

2017_09_23_screenshot_1.png

2017_09_23_screenshot_2.png

2017_09_23_screenshot_3.png

screenshot_41.png

screenshot_51.png

screenshot_61.png

screenshot_71.png

screenshot_81.png

summaryfeatures.png

• Run focused campaign, playable in short bursts.
  • Fill a huge inventory having 20 slots.
  • Find more than 100 crazy artifacts, all of them unique.
  • Learn the ins and outs of an RPG system which feels approachable and fresh, but familiar and deep at the same time.
  • Crawl in procedural dungeons generated from hand authored layouts.
  • Collect details about monsters and artifacts in your journal.
  • Unfold a funny story, packed with vicious evils, puns and jokes.
  • Immortalize your best playthroughs in the “Hall of Fame”.

summaryloot.png

What is this 20 slots, 100+ unique artifacts RPG nonsense?
Simple, your “hero” does not get more powerful magically by beating some orcs to death and he is not a wizard either. In the world of I Am Overburdened the art of magic wielding was lost, but legendary artifacts and relics retained their power. If you equip these you become stronger, sometimes immeasurably, and you may even learn reactive skills and otherworldly abilities, but no sane person wears two pants…

The game will be sold primarily through Steam and itch.io for Windows PC initially.

It will cost 4.99$ (may vary based on store & region).

You can already wishlist the game on Steam to get an e-mail on release day:
icon_steam_small.png

Or you can follow my developer profile on itch.io to get a notification:
icon_itchio_small.png

My website, the Steam store-page and the Steam Community Hub already has a lot more information about the features of the game and the release itself.

I'm also doing a little marketing "sprint" thingy up until the release day. I'm calling it the "Wishlist Release Calendar". I'm going to release an artifact from the game every day with its "fluff" text posting the new version of the following image here:

item__0.png

Blog | Overburdened | KREEP | Memorynth | @blindmessiah777 Magic Item Tech+30% Enhanced GameDev

Advertisement

Wishlist Release Calendar nr. 1:

item__1.png

Blog | Overburdened | KREEP | Memorynth | @blindmessiah777 Magic Item Tech+30% Enhanced GameDev

Congratulations! I hope you earn for at least a few more games with that one ^_^ 

Thanks ongamex92 !

I'm also hopeful.
Delivering a good game and being able to continue making games afterwards would be a dream come true.

Wishlist Release Calendar nr. 2:

item__2.png

If anyone is wondering :| these fluff texts are in the game! Not making them up now :P
I may went a little too far with silliness though :D

Wishlist Release Calendar nr. 3:

item__3.png

Wishlist Release Calendar nr. 4:

item__4.png

Of course there is a non-super and non-mega belt in the game (just a "usual" one) and this one is clearly better than that :P .

Wishlist Release Calendar nr. 5:

item__5.png

It's one of my favorites. The trailer has some footage of it in action ;) .
+ A rubber duck also helps solving gamedev / programming problems :D:P .

Wishlist Release Calendar nr. 6:

item__6.png

Wishlist Release Calendar nr. 7:

item__7.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement