• Advertisement

I Am Overburdened - a silly roguelike [Steam & itch.io]

Advertisement

Released

Yes, I Am Overburdened was released at evening (by GMT) on the 2nd of November.

It can be bought on Steam and itch.io for 4.99$ and there is a launch-week 20% discount so get it while it’s hot (currently at 3.99$ which may vary based on region)!

icon_steam_small.png?w=64&zoom=2   icon_itchio_small.png?w=64&zoom=2

There is also a tiny extra for my previous customers, call it a “gesture” if you will. On Steam if you bought Operation KREEP before, there is a Magic Item Tech RETRO Bundle to “complete my games” and you get an extra 10% off for I Am Overburdened (sorry itch.io users, I haven’t found a way there to bundle it like this).

Really sorry for only posting the announcement here more than a day after the game went live, but I had many difficulties during the release day (and a little even the day after :D:| ). If you are interested, more about this here:

Thanks for everyone who followed the release calendar, I hope you enjoyed it :) . No more item reveals sorry, go buy the game, it has much much more artifacts :P;) .

Edited by Spidi

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Kevin Pudlo
      Airlock 22 is seeking a Sprite Artist to help create the art and animations for a video game we are developing. Artwork is currently just placeholders done by myself until we can get someone with much more experience to help out!
      Responsibilities: 
      - Create Sprites that the Engineering team will be able to bring into the game under production. 
      - Assist with Sprite animations if it is something you are comfortable with. 
      - Collaborate with other team members to develop artwork for current and future projects.
      Requirements: 
      - Ability to work independently 
      - Ability to focus while working remotely 
      - You are able to create your artwork in a well-lit environment
      Pluses: 
      - Experience with Sprite Animation 
      - A very creative mind 
      - Excited to help build a studio from the ground up.
      Please contact me at kevin@airlock22.co
    • By MidnightFoxGaming
      Hi, I’m starting out in game development as a whole and while I have some experience with programming in the past with small things like mods and a single byond game that I took over for a previous person I’m rather new to the start from the ground up thing.
      im looking to get some advice on where to start for tools/material/resources for such. I already have the core concept for the game hashed out, this has been a relitivly solo thing so far so any help is appreciated thank you.
    • By RoKabium Games
      Custom coffee mugs have arrived... More caffeine!
      Have a great weekend everyone! 
      #gamedev #indiedev #sama #caffeine
    • By TheDerpGamer
      (I realized I should probably just make a new thread now that I've gotten a plan together)
      Skies of Eden
      Skies of Eden would be a multiplayer voxel-based space sandbox where you could build anything you want. It would have procedurally generated planets, and you could deploy tanks and ground craft. You would also be able to create large stations.

Planets
      Planets would be generated as soon as you hopped into a sector with one. The planet generator would first generated an image of the planet to be shown outside of it's atmosphere, then the actual planet chunks itself would be generated based off the values from the planet image generator (for example: an orange gassy planet would have orange/dusty terrain). The chunks would be large hexagons that would be loaded and unloaded as players passed near them, rather than rendering the whole thing at once, which would save a lot on performance. The player wouldn't be able to see the chunks loading in as the atmosphere would cloud their vision until the chunks were loaded (kinda like a loading screen).
       <-- A close example of how chunks would work
      The chunk layout on the ground would not actually be a sphere, rather it would all be a flat plain. However, the chunks would load so that it would appear to be one continuos sphere.
      (Note: Planets will most likely not be in the first alpha release)

Weapons and Turrets
      Energy Weapons
      Energy Weapons will only use ship power, and have no ammo costs
      Cannons: Broadside close range cannons that have little penetration, but a lot of destructive power.
      Beams: Long range weapon with high penetration, but also high power cost and recharge time.
      Pulse: Kind of like a wave or something, good for EMP weapons.
      Physical Weapons
      Physical Weapons do more damage than energy weapons, but require power and ammo
      Missiles: Self explanatory. Literally just missile pods.
      Mines: Again, self explanatory. Space mines that can have stealth modules in exchange for less damage.
      Bolts: Sort of like a railgun. Shoots a single shell that has high penetration and explodes once inside an enemy ship.

Energy weapons can also have effects added, such as EMP or anti-shield. This will greatly reduce their actual block damage, but will give it a useful effect for combat.

Shield Systems
      Shield systems will not absorb all damage. Instead, they will take only the brunt of the damage, and the player can choose where to focus the most shielding. Anti-shield weapons can briefly weaken enemy shields so that their ship takes more damage.

Stations
      Players will be able to make stations in SoE. These stations can have many uses, but are vulnerable to enemy forces. All factions will be allowed to have 1 "home station", where they can dock their ships and respawn. It will serve as their hub, and cannot be damaged. However, when a sector has a faction's home station in it, the sector will not automatically spawn resources (like asteroids) over time. This is to encourage players to spread out and make bases in other sectors. Factions can also claim planets using a claim block. This claim block will be how faction members can manage their forces on the planet and can provide a real time map of loaded chunks if they have support satellites. Planets cannot be destroyed, but they can be captured by an enemy faction if they break the claim block.

Resource Gathering
      Players will have to mine asteroids for resources in order to make stations. Eventually, they will be able to create mining and shipyard stations in order to boost production.
      Mining stations will automatically mine nearby asteroids, and shipyard stations will automatically process materials and can build ships from those resources on demand.

AI
      Players will be able to create AI fleets, which can patrol and assist in combat. Eventually, there will also be NPC crew mechanics and lua scripting.

What We Need
      We will need programmers, artists, and modelers. The game will be in the Unity engine, as I feel it is best for this type of game.
      To apply, please join our discord below.
      https://discord.gg/BuxPsDs

• Advertisement