• Advertisement
RandomStuff in life

Creating a custom window UI on windows10

So im about to jump into UI development tutorials and class. Now I'm interested on creating a very simple text editor. I've already got a design. you can see it here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/489062840776586727/ 

I'm just wondering if this exact UI design is achievable in windows? what specific language do I need to use? or this is not possible and it will just follow the standard windows 10 header and border design?

Edited by RandomStuff in life

Advertisement

Why did you post it on pinterest?  I don't have an account nor do I want to make one or even give them access to my facebook information.  Post it on a free image hosting site.  Picpaste.com even gives images a time limit they can be viewed if you're worried about that.

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By davejones
      I have been doing research into optimising 3d models in 3ds max. There seems to be so many different ways to optimise 3d models. I am unsure which method is the best and have been trying different tools such as the pro optimizer tool in 3ds max. Does anyone know the best way to optimise 3d models in 3ds max? I am trying to reduce the file size whilst maintain a high quality model. So produce a low polygon model which looks like a high polygon model. 
    • By RoKabium Games
      Been a bit quiet recently, but we've been busy bug fixing and tweaking things... Now we have lots more 'Particle effects' in the game, specifically here the Flamethrower and Enemy attacks!
    • By JoshuaFraser
      Hi and thanks for reading, I have an issue with this reactive crosshair script, everything works fine until I start changing the offset. Give the script a go and you will see what I mean, when I do SetOffset(0f); it doesnt always set back to the origional state, if anyone can spot a fix I'd be super appreciative!
      using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using UnityEngine; public class ReactiveCrosshair : MonoBehaviour { [SerializeField] GameObject c_limb_prefab; private float center_offset = 0f; private float current_offset = 0f; private float max_offset = .5f; private int number_of_limbs = 4; private float limb_length = .05f; private float limb_width = .005f; private List<GameObject> c_limbs = new List<GameObject>(); public void SetupCrosshair(){ for (int i = 0; i < number_of_limbs; i++) { GameObject line_go = (GameObject)Instantiate (c_limb_prefab); line_go.transform.SetParent (this.transform); Vector3 limb_pos = new Vector3 (0f,0f,0f); //line_go.transform.position = limb_pos; line_go.transform.localPosition = limb_pos; LineRenderer line = line_go.GetComponent<LineRenderer>(); line.startWidth = limb_width; line.positionCount = 2; line.SetPosition (0, line_go.transform.localPosition + new Vector3(center_offset, 0f, 0f)); line.SetPosition (1, line_go.transform.localPosition + new Vector3(center_offset + limb_length, 0f, 0f)); line.useWorldSpace = false; c_limbs.Add(line_go.gameObject); } if (c_limbs != null) { OrientLimbs (); SetOffset (0f); } } public void OrientLimbs(){ for (int i = 0; i < c_limbs.Count; i++) { float rotation_step = 360f / (float)c_limbs.Count; c_limbs [i].transform.RotateAround (c_limbs[i].transform.position, c_limbs[i].transform.forward, 90f + (rotation_step * (float)i)); } } public void SetOffset(float _current_spread){ float offset = Mathf.Lerp (0f, max_offset, _current_spread); for (int i = 0; i < number_of_limbs; i++) { if (offset > current_offset) { Vector3 pos = c_limbs [i].transform.position + (c_limbs [i].transform.TransformDirection (Vector3.right) * offset); c_limbs [i].transform.position = pos; } if (offset < current_offset) { Vector3 pos = c_limbs [i].transform.position - (c_limbs [i].transform.TransformDirection (Vector3.right) * offset); c_limbs [i].transform.position = pos; } } Debug.Log ("SetOffset() offset: " + offset.ToString () + " _current_spread: " + _current_spread.ToString() + " localPos: " + c_limbs[1].transform.localPosition); current_offset = offset; } }  
    • By Paul Bto
      State of the search
      I'm not looking / I'm still looking

Description
      It is a third person game where you join more players to fight against bosses in the PvE style of the mmorpg, looking for online companions to help you defeat your enemy, where everyone does their respective work, such as tank, dps or heal, in groups of 5 or 10 players.
      The difference with other mmorpg is that here, since there is no open world, you will not have to go through it doing hundreds of missions and using many hours to get to the content that really interests you, which, in the case of PvE, are the dungeons and raids.

Objectives of the project
      For this project we will first make a demo that will only be the boss of a 5 player dungeon.
      The first phase of this project is to release a video gameplay for crowdfunding (kickstarter maybe), so we will focus more on the visual, which could be falsified if the mechanics do not work. If the crowdfunding gives green light would be the game, which if in turn would work would be updated in the future with more dungeons and bands. The ideal would be to make a playable demo.

Compensation
      If this game generates benefits outside crowdfunding, the profits will be distributed depending on the work and disbursement of each one.

Technology
      Unreal. If you want to learn how to use this software with the project, you can.

Required profiles
      - At the moment 2 Programmers (if has multiplayer knowledge in Unreal better).

- 1 2D Artist to make the interface design and some concepts. You are going to try make interfaces like this:

It would be ideal if you can devote at least 7 hours by week.
      It is a plus if you have experience with high level PvE content in some mmorpg.

Team structure
      Pablo. Environment artist.
      Diego. Character artist.

Web
      Waiting until the equipment is assembled.

Contact
      pablo.barreto.jimenez@gmail.com

Additional Information
      I have the GDD, it depends on the work but, I think the demo could be done in 6 months.
      Here I leave some images of what I did of the project in Unity, where basically I have been testing (The project will be done in Unreal):

Desired feedback
      If you think you can give me some advice about the project, feel free to give your opinion.

• By Hellados
      Hello guys, my name is Giorgi and i'm newbie game developer i'm learning Pixel art and after pixel art  i want learn C# and don't know how and where start i'm bad with programming language and know only HTML/CSS
    • By N Drew
      I am working on a 2D SideScroller game in my own made game engine using SFML and C++.I am searching for 2D artists,especially pixel artist for making and animating characters,backgrounds and other props that can be made in any Drawing Program.The artist will become part of the team of Hammer Studios and he got a part of the Revenue Sharing.If you are interested send me a mail at:ghiurcutaandrei@gmail.com .If you are not an artist but you want to be a part of our Team,Soon we will be recruiting an C++ AI programmers that worked in SFML/OpenGL.
      We work together using Discord.

• By MelonCollie
      Hi Everyone,

My name is Bob Pepek, I'm an audio post production engineer for film / TV. I'm looking to try my hand at Game Audio. Did you know that great sound design is rarely ever noticed but is always felt by an audience? That's where I can help.
      I've worked as the dialogue editor and sound designer for Sprout / NBC's Saturday morning cartoon Astroblast. I sound design for the web-series Channelate (hosted by Explosm / Cyanide and Happiness). Though most notably work as the go-to sound designer for the hundreds of the LEGO Star Wars / Marvel / Ninjago product animations and mini-movies.

My past sound design clients include NBC, ESPN, LucasArts, LEGO, Sprout Network, Disney, Sci-Fi Network, Walmart,  Sesame Street, The list goes on and on! Below I've included a link to my demo reel as well as other projects I have done sound design for:

Sound Design Reel
      https://vimeo.com/214093302

Other Work (Channelate, Explainer Vids, Ads)
      meloncollieproductions.com/work/

360 Sound Designs (LEGO Star Wars / Avengers: Infinity War)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdss2fANPQ
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7Leyaq780
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJzPu_tw6eY

Recent Film Work:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFXobIMAgM
      https://vimeo.com/273203490
      https://vimeo.com/229448486

If you're looking for a sound designer I'd love to help out! Feel free to reach out at bobpepek@gmail.com. 

Cheers,
      Bob
    • By Ike aka Dk
      Hello everyone 
      I am a programmer from Baku.
      I need a 3D Modeller for my shooter project in unity.I have 2 years Unity exp.
      Project will paid when we finish the work 
      If you interested write me on email:
      mr.danilo911@gmail.com
    • By HomeBrewArcana
      Hey All,
      I'm looking to get into the gaming industry. I've skirted around the idea for a long time, always thinking that I couldn't do it. I've finally decided to take the plunge.

My question is whether it's worth going to school for game design/coding etc. I've been writing content for paper games for a while, and have a good idea of story and some basic design. But I have next to no technical know how. 

My instinct is that such things can be learned with a lot of practice, video tutorials, and more practice. I've also heard that a degree is not really that important, since you get hired based on your portfolio/prototypes. Why not just make the games?
      But won't a degree help with contacts and mentoring--I'm not a great networker.

Of course, it'll plunge me into more debt, but...
      If anyone has advice, let me know. Also any idea of a program to start with: Game Maker, Unity, Godot, Construct, Stencyl--I've heard good things about them all, so much so that I don't know which would be best to start with!

Thanks
    • By Toastmastern
      Hello everyone,
      After a few years of break from coding and my planet render game I'm giving it a go again from a different angle. What I'm struggling with now is that I have created a Frustum that works fine for now atleast, it does what it's supose to do alltho not perfect. But with the frustum came very low FPS, since what I'm doing right now just to see if the Frustum worked is to recreate the vertex buffer every frame that the camera detected movement. This is of course very costly and not the way to do it. Thats why I'm now trying to learn how to create a dynamic vertexbuffer instead and to map and unmap the vertexes, in the end my goal is to update only part of the vertexbuffer that is needed, but one step at a time ^^

So below is my code which I use to create the Dynamic buffer. The issue is that I want the size of the vertex buffer to be big enough to handle bigger vertex buffers then just mPlanetMesh.vertices.size() due to more vertices being added later when I start to do LOD and stuff, the first render isn't the biggest one I will need.
      vertexBufferDesc.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DYNAMIC; vertexBufferDesc.ByteWidth = mPlanetMesh.vertices.size(); vertexBufferDesc.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_VERTEX_BUFFER; vertexBufferDesc.CPUAccessFlags = D3D11_CPU_ACCESS_WRITE; vertexBufferDesc.MiscFlags = 0; vertexBufferDesc.StructureByteStride = 0; vertexData.pSysMem = &mPlanetMesh.vertices[0]; vertexData.SysMemPitch = 0; vertexData.SysMemSlicePitch = 0; result = device->CreateBuffer(&vertexBufferDesc, &vertexData, &mVertexBuffer); if (FAILED(result)) { return false; } What happens is that the 
      result = device->CreateBuffer(&vertexBufferDesc, &vertexData, &mVertexBuffer); Makes it crash due to Access Violation. When I put the vertices.size() in it works without issues, but when I try to set it to like vertices.size() * 2 it crashes.
      I googled my eyes dry tonight but doesn't seem to find people with the same kind of issue, I've read that the vertex buffer can be bigger if needed. What I'm I doing wrong here?

Best Regards and Thanks in advance
      Toastmastern
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!