• Advertisement

Unity New 2D game | RAWconcrete

Ok, it's the update time. Today we'll be presenting the underground section of this initial sub-level. We got the images, we got the videos, let us know what you think. Anything interesting comes to mind, let us know. It can be as simple as a prop within the level, or some effect, like...flies, I just visualized flies flying around some neon lamp, however, they're too small to be placed, but you get the idea. You might want to watch videos first to get the better idea what the game is about, at least the demo.

" rel="external">
          VIDEO1

VIDEO2

Below are some images, the entire thing is in early conceptual phase. The first one is a little update of the room.

| RAWconcrete team |

roomupdate.jpg

underground_fullimage_1280.jpg

underground_fullimage_smallermachinezoom.jpg

Advertisement

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Tom Stewart
      Howdy,

I have designed a game and released it not too long ago on the play store, but I'm wanting to find more things to add into it to make it more fun. at the moment its pretty challenging.
      If someone could check it out and let me know what I could do, that would be greatly appreciated
      LINK TO GAME HERE

• By sma sma
      Anti-stress coloring for kids and adults. Spend time with pleasure painting colors for every taste and mood. A variety of pictures and mandalas, an unlimited choice of colors and a pleasant user interface will not leave anyone indifferent!

Features:
      - Coloring has a lot of exquisite pictures
      - Different shades, you can choice of color spectrum and also possibility of creation of the color
      - Instruments: three types of gradient fills, pen, mixed of brushes, spray and eraser
      - Using amazing filters and textures that can be applied to coloring 
      - Relaxing sounds
      - Share your images on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, VK, Skype, Instagram etc.
      - Regular updates with the addition of new (functions / pictures) will not make you bored!
      - Support and compatibility 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sma.coloring&hl=en
    • By Ward Correll
      I include the source code from what I am playing with. It's an exercise from Frank Luna's DirectX 12 book about rendering a skull from a text file. I get a stack overflow error and the program quits. I don't know where I went wrong it's messy programming on the parts I added but maybe one of you masterminds can tell me where I went wrong.
      Chapter_7_Drawing_in_Direct3D_Part_II.zip
    • By EddieK
      Hello. I'm trying to make an android game and I have come across a problem. I want to draw different map layers at different Z depths so that some of the tiles are drawn above the player while others are drawn under him. But there's an issue where the pixels with alpha drawn above the player. This is the code i'm using:
      int setup(){ GLES20.glEnable(GLES20.GL_DEPTH_TEST); GLES20.glEnable(GL10.GL_ALPHA_TEST); GLES20.glEnable(GLES20.GL_TEXTURE_2D); } int render(){ GLES20.glClearColor(0, 0, 0, 0); GLES20.glClear(GLES20.GL_ALPHA_BITS); GLES20.glClear(GLES20.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); GLES20.glClear(GLES20.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); GLES20.glBlendFunc(GLES20.GL_ONE, GL10.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); // do the binding of textures and drawing vertices } My vertex shader:
      uniform mat4 MVPMatrix; // model-view-projection matrix uniform mat4 projectionMatrix; attribute vec4 position; attribute vec2 textureCoords; attribute vec4 color; attribute vec3 normal; varying vec4 outColor; varying vec2 outTexCoords; varying vec3 outNormal; void main() { outNormal = normal; outTexCoords = textureCoords; outColor = color; gl_Position = MVPMatrix * position; } My fragment shader:
      precision highp float; uniform sampler2D texture; varying vec4 outColor; varying vec2 outTexCoords; varying vec3 outNormal; void main() { vec4 color = texture2D(texture, outTexCoords) * outColor; gl_FragColor = vec4(color.r,color.g,color.b,color.a);//color.a); } I have attached a picture of how it looks. You can see the black squares near the tree. These squares should be transparent as they are in the png image:

Its strange that in this picture instead of alpha or just black color it displays the grass texture beneath the player and the tree:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

• By 3dmodelerguy
      So I am building a turn based rogue-like (think CDDA). The game is going to have a very large map (up to 1000's x 1000's) however to alleviate most of that I obviously can't render everything so there will just be render a certain radius around the player and just load in and out data as the player moves.
      The next major system I am prototyping is making interactive tiles destructible and pretty much everything will be destructible besides basic landscape (cars, doors, windows, structures, etc. will be destructible)
      While I am only rendering a certain amount of tiles around the player, I want to keep the amount of colliders active at one time to be as small as possible for performance and currently the tilemap tool I use automatically merges colliders together.
      So instead of creating a separate colliders for each of these tiles and having the destructible behavior tied to that object (which my tilemap tool would allow me to do) I was thinking that I would store an array of all the X and Y locations for the interactive tilemap layer and let the tilemap manage the colliders. 
      Then when I hit a collider on the interactive tilemap layer, instead of of getting the behavior for how to deal with the destruction for that tile from that game object, I would pull it from the array I mentioned earlier based on the tile I attempt to interact with which I already have.
      Does this sound like a good approach? Any other recommendations would be welcomed.
  • Advertisement