Max DeBy

[Revenue Share] 2D Artist wanted

Hello

My name's Max.
I'm a member of a small indie dev team called DeBy Games. Currently we are 3 people. One composer and sound designer, one graphic artist and one programmer.
We want do start on a new game but our graphic artist doesn't have much time so we need a second one. This does of course not mean you're a replacement. You will have the rights like every other member, for example you have the right to decide on several details of the game besides the design. But let's come to the game itself.

The concept is not fully finished yet but the basic is following:
It's a movie studio tycoon game. The idea came up while playing the game Game Dev Tycoon from Greenheart Games, so it kind of is inspired by it.
You start as a small photographer in a small studio where you can make contracts like photo shootings of models for magazines or provide your help as a cameraman at bigger companys. If the player has enough money he can upgrade the studio or move into a complete new one. Each new studio comes with new features. There will be several stages where the final stage will be a expandable movie studios where you can make your own movies, hire actors, script writers and more.
Keep an eye on current trends or try to create your own.
But not only the production will be a task but the sales too. What happens if you produce more DVDs than your fans will buy? You'll have to remove them from a store which doesn't cost you anything but of course you won't earn anything eather.
If you're interested please contact us.

100% of the budget we have is provided from my salary as a software developer. Because of that we're currently not able to pay a monthly salary. But you'll get a fair revenue share.

The game will be completely in 2D so no 3D skills are required. Though we want something like the style of Game Dev Tycoon which looks like 3D.

Besides skills with 2D graphics and illustrations you are required to:
- Actively communicate with us. (No Voice chat. We're using Slack)
This means check at least once a day the messages.

- Be able to work in a team.
This means respecting other people (Origin, Race, Religion, etc.).
You are encouraged to provide your opinion on everything you want
and are asked to respect the opinions of other.

- Be kind.
We don't need any royal people with a noble mouthwork. Of course we
all make jokes but try to understand if someone feels offended and
don't push it if it's not necessary.

If you're interested please send me a mail at maxdeby@debygames.com. If you have a portfolio or something similiar please provide it too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By DreamPowered

Hello everyone,

I am happy to introduce you the FPS project I am working on with 2 of my friends: Warcry: Extermination

We have been working on it for a few years now, and decided to move to Unreal Engine about a year ago, to finalize our prototype.

The game is an old school FPS, somewhere between quake and Serious Sam, unforgiving like Dark Souls and in Dungeon like environments, that will maybe remind you Skyrim a bit.

As for any good FPS out there, the main focus is on combat, however, we haven’t neglected exploration, platforms, traps and puzzles neither! The levels can be explored freely, with many secret locations to discover.

In Warcry: Extermination, you will also be able to upgrade your weapons and acquire new powers, such as Dash, Hologram or even Slow motion. I will tell you more about it later !

And here is how it looks in Unreal Engine 4 :

We should be able to show you more next week!
    • By Geri
      Anime Maker is an ultimately simple and but powerfull crossplatform software to create animated cartoons and anime.

Download your favorite anime fanworks (characters, backgrounds) from internet, then open them with Anime Maker to create an Anime from them!

Anime Maker offers shot based timeline management with 27 image layers, simple BONE ANIMATION for moving your heroes, dozens of effect including fire, water, snowfall, fountain, and refraction.

Make your own anime for amatheur or professional movie competitions! Create your own ultimate fanfictions from your favorit anime, impress your friends, create your own anime seasons for televisions, or video sharing sites!

Your career as an anime artist starts today!

Anime Maker offers all the feature that required to create an anime, including the folowing: 

- Time-line and shot based video edition with copy/paste/delete abilities
      - Support for bmp, jpg, png formats with alpha map, and automatic alpha-map generation
      - 27 independent graphics layer to create your movie
      - 3 sound channel on the timeline
      - Wav and ogg files for audio
      - Mouse and touchscreen for input
      - AVI video export with antialiasing
      - x86 and ARM based computers and mobile phones
      - Windows, Linux and Android compatibility
      - 8 invididual bones on all layers, with 4 joints each
      - Real time motion movement recording for realible animation
      - Dozens of fire and particle effects with your own textures
      - Layer refraction effects (water waves, etc)
      - Anime Maker supports multiple CPU cores for great performance
      - Dedicated mouth speak layer management
      - More stable than video software usually
      - Very small memory footprint, and powersaving
      - Ability to morph, move, resize, color, blend your layers in real-time
      - WYSIWYG editor: what you see is what you will get on export
      - Supports cutting exported video into multiple files
      - Tooltips as easy usage guide
      - Instant start and quit
      - Multimedia cacheing to avoid memory waste
      - 16:9 ratio with custom shot sizes optimized for Anime
      - Colored and shadowed subtitles
      download:
      http://AnimeMaker.tk
      http://gerigeri.uw.hu/animemaker/index.html

• By Ravenmore
      Hi guys! 
      With Black Friday just around the corner, all my asssets are 66% off in the Black Friday Bundle =)

https://itch.io/s/9180/ravenmores-black-friday-bundle

Quality stuff like in the attached images, for super cheap. Grab it while it's hot

• By potente
      Hello everyone.
      I have [digital] modeling from Vaughan, dance music manual from Snowman, is it there anything similar for 2D graphics?
      Thanks in advance for any help.

Bye, Ivano.
  • Popular Now