Sign in to follow this  

Epic Teams with NVIDIA for Enterprise-Grade VR

Epic Games today announced it has teamed with NVIDIA to deliver enterprise-grade solutions to help application developers create better, more immersive VR experiences.

Enterprise businesses have been among the most enthusiastic adopters of VR to improve production workflows, visualize CAD designs, boost safety and training, and create better experiences for customers. This requires sophisticated and reliable VR platforms and tools.

To ease enterprise VR adoption, Epic has integrated NVIDIA Quadro professional GPUs into the test suite for Unreal Engine 4, the company's real-time toolset for creating applications across PC, console, mobile, VR and AR platforms. This ensures NVIDIAtechnologies integrate seamlessly into developers' workflows, delivering excellent results for everything from CAVEs and multi-projection systems through to enterprise VR and AR solutions.

"With our expanding focus on industries outside of games, we've aligned ourselves ever more closely with NVIDIA to offer an enterprise-grade experience," said Marc Petit, general manager of the Unreal Engine Enterprise business. "NVIDIA Quadro professional GPUs empower artists, designers and content creators who need to work unencumbered with the largest 3D models and datasets, tackle complex visualization challenges, and deliver highly immersive VR experiences. By combining NVIDIA hardware with Unreal Engine, developers are ensured excellent performance and productivity."

One project that has driven this effort is Epic's collaboration with GM and The Mill on "The Human Race," a real-time short film and mixed reality experience featuring a configurable Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, which was built using NVIDIA Quadro pro graphics.

Another company that has benefitted from Epic's collaboration with NVIDIA is Theia Interactive a pioneer of real-time architectural visualization. Stephen Phillips, CTO of Theia, added, "NVIDIA Quadro provides an incredible amount of computing power for running beautiful VR experiences within Unreal Engine. Having 24GB of VRAM allows us to use hundreds of high-resolution, uncompressed lightmaps for incredible real-time architectural visualizations that rival the quality of the finest offline renderers."

"As the market for VR and AR content expands, professional developers in industries such as automotive, architecture, healthcare and others are using Unreal Engine to create amazing immersive experiences," said Bob Pette, vice president of Professional Visualization at NVIDIA. "Unreal, from version 4.16, is the first real-time toolset to meet NVIDIA Quadro partner standards. Our combined solution provides leaders in these markets the reliability and performance they require for the optimum VR experience."

Learn more at http://unrealengine.com/enterprise.

View full story

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ryanbeezle
      TL;DR: I'm a software engineer focused on VR game dev. I'm looking for partners who want to work together as a legitimate game studio making quality 3D games.   About me: - I live in Los Angeles, CA - I'm a software engineer and I've built apps from A to Z - In my previous job, I did native mobile app development for numerous Android VR apps - I'm experienced with music composition/production: https://soundcloud.com/ryancomposer/march-of-nobility - I have a blog documenting my journey as a game developer: http://notherverse.com/ - I take care of legal, networking, accounting, marketing and development responsibilities - I use Blender for modeling, Substance Painter for textures, and UE4 for the game engine - I'm experienced with video editing and use Adobe Premier Pro + After Effects - I enjoy grinding on weekdays and hitting the bars on weekends   My strongest area is programming. I'm looking for designers and modelers. You don't need any experience at all in the VR space nor any VR hardware. I'm fully open to splitting ownership/profits/royalties based on contribution. Must have portfolio or something to illustrate experience level. Respond to this thread if interested. Thanks!   Though I'm already working on a project, I'm open to working on something else that we're all enthusiastic about. Here's my current project, a VR mech game using UE4 (see progress at blog: http://notherverse.com/):  
    • By darian_glinski
      Title:  Heroes & Legends
      Style: MMO & RPG
      Required Knowledge:
      Blender, Make Human, Krita, Gimp, PixPlant
      Stage:
      Content Creation
      Description
      I am breaking this down in to a piece by piece team building effort. I need artists. I am a software engineer by profession. I have spent a few years working on modeling, character design, item design.  Currently I am working on a Human with detailed rigging. There are format rules, and you must understand unreal units. 1 unit = 1 centimeter. The start out of the human is 5'6. The character rig is very detailed and will be assembled in Unreal according to specific format guidelines so you must be capable of disseminating the format for skeletal structures I am producing so when this is on Unreal Store we can continue to expand and implement content.
      I need texture artists, concept artists. 
      Here are some benefits I will be providing.  Access to pluralsight.com. I will be providing access to unlimited current books. I will be providing the basic sounds, basic server, and GitHub repositories.
      If you have imagination and want to contribute to something astounding for the modern day PC, then please, contact me and lets start this.
      In the long term, on completion of the project, the company will be moving to a focus on military combat simulations similar to Janes years back.  So you must be willing to stick with the team in the long term once we move our creations, like world generation, GIS, character creation to strategic combat simulators. This is just a stepping stone.
      This will be featuring music scores from Versus, and Ivan Torrent paid for up front and sounds from Audio Block.
      If your interested in what Versus Produces for music, go here:
      https://www.youtube.com/user/VersusMusicOfficial
      To give you guys a feel for where I am at in the character development process and the flow, please view the images attached.  This game is for the more modern PC, Windows and Linux. The detail of the skeleton is going to reflect capabilities for really extreme motion graphics.  The level of detail and character modeling, I am hoping will exceed most current fantasy games.  Please look at the right of the image where I have expanded to skeletal structure so you can view the layout of skeletons in their parent relationship and how I am using a format description.  if you think you can do this, then please, reply and send me a PM.
      A little warning, if you can't handle adult themes similar to The Witcher, then this is probably not for you. There is going to be alcohol, drugs, sex, in this game. So be prepared for high definition work.

• By JoshKlint_34394
      Today we are pleased to announce the release of Leadwerks Game Engine 4.5.
      Version 4.5 introduces support for VR headsets including the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and all OSVR-based hardware, allowing developers to create both room-scale and seated VR experiences. The Leadwerks virtual reality command set is robust yet incredibly simple allowing you to easily convert your existing 3D games into VR titles. To help get you started the source code for our Asteroids3D game has been updated for VR and is now freely available in the Leadwerks Games Showcase.
      Leadwerks Game Engine is uniquely well-suited for VR because of its fast performance, ease of use, and the availability of C++ programming for demanding VR games. Several optimizations for VR have been made including combining the rendering of both eyes into a single culling step. The stability and accuracy of Newton Game Dynamics means we can have in-depth physics interactions in VR.

A new VR game template has been added to provide common VR features including teleportation locomotion and the ability to pick up and interact with objects in the environment.
      Visual Studio 2017
      We've also upgraded Leadwerks Professional Edition to build with Visual Studio 2017 so you can take advantage of the very latest Visual Studio features. Instructions for upgrading C++ projects from version 4.4 to 4.5 are available here.
      Other Improvements
      Added fog settings in editor and into map file format. New joint scripts and enhancements. Updated to Steamworks 1.41 You can pick up Leadwerks Game Engine with a discount during the Steam Winter Sale.
      About Leadwerks Software
      Leadwerks Software was founded in 2006 to make game development easy and fun. The company launched Leadwerks Game Engine on Steam in January 2014 and has experienced steady growth, now with over 20,000 paid users.  Leadwerks Game Launcher was released as an early access title in September 2015, allowing developers to publish games to Steam Workshop with no submission fee.

View full story
    • By JoshKlint_34394
      Today we are pleased to announce the release of Leadwerks Game Engine 4.5.
      Version 4.5 introduces support for VR headsets including the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and all OSVR-based hardware, allowing developers to create both room-scale and seated VR experiences. The Leadwerks virtual reality command set is robust yet incredibly simple allowing you to easily convert your existing 3D games into VR titles. To help get you started the source code for our Asteroids3D game has been updated for VR and is now freely available in the Leadwerks Games Showcase.
      Leadwerks Game Engine is uniquely well-suited for VR because of its fast performance, ease of use, and the availability of C++ programming for demanding VR games. Several optimizations for VR have been made including combining the rendering of both eyes into a single culling step. The stability and accuracy of Newton Game Dynamics means we can have in-depth physics interactions in VR.

A new VR game template has been added to provide common VR features including teleportation locomotion and the ability to pick up and interact with objects in the environment.
      Visual Studio 2017
      We've also upgraded Leadwerks Professional Edition to build with Visual Studio 2017 so you can take advantage of the very latest Visual Studio features. Instructions for upgrading C++ projects from version 4.4 to 4.5 are available here.
      Other Improvements
      Added fog settings in editor and into map file format. New joint scripts and enhancements. Updated to Steamworks 1.41 You can pick up Leadwerks Game Engine with a discount during the Steam Winter Sale.
      About Leadwerks Software
      Leadwerks Software was founded in 2006 to make game development easy and fun. The company launched Leadwerks Game Engine on Steam in January 2014 and has experienced steady growth, now with over 20,000 paid users.  Leadwerks Game Launcher was released as an early access title in September 2015, allowing developers to publish games to Steam Workshop with no submission fee.
    • By th3luck
      Hello everyone! I have decided to make a crane simulator (first person with view from cabin). Mostly, I aim on realism as I want this simulator to be used by real сrane operators to upgrade their skill. That's why I need an engine to easily work with physics (such as wind, rain, weight of cargo and etc). Have to mention that I don't really care about graphics quality. Maybe, but this has the least priority, after completing the whole project I would need a VR version of it, but for now I am planning just a PC version. 
      Here is main points of my project:
      Physics has the major priority Using tools suitable for a beginner developer Ability to make a VR version of the simulator without rewriting of the whole project My experience in programming is mostly in computer science, so I am familiar with C++ and Python, but only on a level of coding some cool algorithms. That's why I don't really depend on a specific language. 
      What engine and developer tools would you recommend to use? Easy to being with for a low-skilled like me, but suitable for my project.
      Thanks,
      Mike
  • Popular Now