Lubos Behounek

SFX Looking for music/sound for medieval strategy

Hello, I am looking for anyone who is able to create (yes create, I would like not to use any free assets for any part of the game) sounds and/or music for 2D medieval strategy multiplayer game.

You can play the alpha version (yet far from finishing) here (max 4 players via TCP/IP or single player against inactive AI): 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BznJ64zl41DhT2YzMU41c1RkTTQ/view?usp=sharing

As you can hear, my sound skills and equipment are not as good (for example sword attack is recorded by using two kitchen forks :D ), so this is probably largest space for improvements.

DEMO2.png

I'm definitely interested in creating music for this type of project.

Here's an sample of music I made for a similar project a couple years ago: 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Blue apple
      Hi, I am Blue Apple a novice developer in the group Cute Software, and I'm here to share with you our new game: "Shotgun Evolved", it's a top-down-shooter where you fight your friends (in the same computer) in a 2 to 4 players arena through different maps and game-modes

-Controls: Every player got 6 keys (on the keyboard or on the controller), 2 to turn right or left, 2 to walk forward or backward, 1 to shoot and 1 to interact with objects, they are a bit hard to get used to, but this gives you an excuse for losing every time

-Game-play: The goal is simple, "fight until the other players lose all their lives", you can lose a life in different ways depending on the game-mode (being killed, an opponent capturing an outpost...)

-Items : There are 3 items, the 'up' item that is thrown by the players when they die which upgrades your shotgun, the 'heal' item that is dropped by bots(pirates,skeletons...) which heals you, and the 'life' item that spawns somewhere on the map every 10 s which gives you an extra life

-Extra : You can change some settings before starting, like the number of lives, the speed of capture, deactivate players'names/objects/bots and activate "hyper speed" which makes everything two times faster

Downloads (Windows installer):
      -Alpha 0.1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/437o7jap91g8lsp/Shotgun_Evolved__Alpha_0.1.1.exe
      Music by "Yahya" :
      -His youtube-channel : "Yaya drops", https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmahZvO-m3b2Ib5318SmUHA
      -The game-menu's music : "Andy", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zVMpu9oLnA
      Follow us on:
      -Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cute-Software-825245600984214/
      -Twitter: https://twitter.com/0_Blue_Apple_0
      -YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSheG2hkyuo3CF6PI-Ucgpg
      -Web site: https://themixios.wixsite.com/cutesoftware
      And that's all, don't forget to give your opinion and report the bugs, have fun !
    • By 123iamking
      I just recently start using OpenAL soft (actually not really use, I'm still struggle with setting this up).
      Setup OpenAL soft - Passed
      First, I grab the source of OpenAL soft, I just run CMake for this and build, here the CMake result.
      Using DirectX SDK directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)/ Could NOT find ALSA (missing: ALSA_LIBRARY ALSA_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find OSS (missing: OSS_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find AudioIO (missing: AUDIOIO_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find SoundIO (missing: SOUNDIO_LIBRARY SOUNDIO_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find QSA (missing: QSA_LIBRARY QSA_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find PortAudio (missing: PORTAUDIO_LIBRARY PORTAUDIO_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find PulseAudio (missing: PULSEAUDIO_LIBRARY PULSEAUDIO_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find JACK (missing: JACK_LIBRARY JACK_INCLUDE_DIR) CMake Warning at utils/alsoft-config/CMakeLists.txt:13 (find_package): By not providing "FindQt5Widgets.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Widgets", but CMake did not find one. Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Widgets" with any of the following names: Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake qt5widgets-config.cmake Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Widgets" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "Qt5Widgets_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If "Qt5Widgets" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed. Found unsuitable Qt version "" from NOTFOUND Could NOT find SDL2 (missing: SDL2_LIBRARY SDL2_INCLUDE_DIR) Building OpenAL with support for the following backends: WinMM, DirectSound, MMDevApi, WaveFile, Null Building with support for CPU extensions: Default, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1 Installing sample configuration Installing HRTF definitions Installing AmbDec presets Building utility programs Building test programs Building example programs Configuring done Generating done So I see that I have no Qt & SDL2 for my OpenAL-soft, hope that ok (I don't even know what it for, as long as the I can build OpenAL-soft, I don't really care)
      So setup OpenAL-soft seem easy.
      Setup alure - failed
      I got trouble when I setup alure,
      I setup CMake like this:
      OPENAL_INCLUDE_DIR = E:/Source/openal-soft/include/AL OPENAL_LIBRARY = E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release And I get the CMake result like this:
      Found OpenAL: E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release Could NOT find OGG (missing: OGG_LIBRARY OGG_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find SndFile (missing: SNDFILE_LIBRARY SNDFILE_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find MPG123 (missing: MPG123_LIBRARY MPG123_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find PhysFS (missing: PHYSFS_LIBRARY PHYSFS_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find DUMB (missing: DUMB_LIBRARY DUMB_INCLUDE_DIR) Configuring done WARNING: Target "alure2" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure2" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure2" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure2" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure2_s" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure2_s" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure2_s" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure2_s" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-play" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-play" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-play" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-play" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-enum" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-enum" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-enum" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-enum" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-hrtf" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-hrtf" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-hrtf" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-hrtf" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-reverb" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-reverb" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-reverb" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-reverb" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-stream" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-stream" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-stream" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. WARNING: Target "alure-stream" requests linking to directory "E:/Source/_build/openal-soft/Release". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item. Generating done So there are a lot of warnings. I lookup this warning and seem that this is just about the CMake programming inside the file CMakeLists.txt, for the meantime, I'll ignore it.
      Then I open the alure solution (alure.sln) with Visual Studio and build. Unfortunately, I got compile error
      Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error C3861 'strcasecmp': identifier not found alure-hrtf E:\Source\alure\examples\alure-hrtf.cpp 49 Error C3861 'strcasecmp': identifier not found alure-hrtf E:\Source\alure\examples\alure-hrtf.cpp 69 Error C3861 'strcasecmp': identifier not found alure-reverb E:\Source\alure\examples\alure-reverb.cpp 178 Error C3861 'strcasecmp': identifier not found alure-reverb E:\Source\alure\examples\alure-reverb.cpp 185 Error C4576 a parenthesized type followed by an initializer list is a non-standard explicit type conversion syntax alure2 e:\source\alure\src\auxeffectslot.h 31 Error C4576 a parenthesized type followed by an initializer list is a non-standard explicit type conversion syntax alure2_s e:\source\alure\src\auxeffectslot.h 31 Error C4576 a parenthesized type followed by an initializer list is a non-standard explicit type conversion syntax alure2 e:\source\alure\src\auxeffectslot.h 31 Error C4576 a parenthesized type followed by an initializer list is a non-standard explicit type conversion syntax alure2_s e:\source\alure\src\auxeffectslot.h 31 Error C4576 a parenthesized type followed by an initializer list is a non-standard explicit type conversion syntax alure2 e:\source\alure\src\auxeffectslot.h 31 Error C4576 a parenthesized type followed by an initializer list is a non-standard explicit type conversion syntax alure2_s e:\source\alure\src\auxeffectslot.h 31 Error LNK1104 cannot open file 'Debug\alure2.lib' alure-enum E:\Source\_build\alure\LINK 1 Error LNK1104 cannot open file 'Debug\alure2.lib' alure-stream E:\Source\_build\alure\LINK 1 Error LNK1104 cannot open file 'Debug\alure2.lib' alure-play E:\Source\_build\alure\LINK 1 I try to lookup the error:
      //Error: a parenthesized type followed by an initializer list is a non-standard explicit type conversion syntax //Cause by code: void addSourceSend(Source source, ALuint send) { mSourceSends.emplace_back((SourceSend){source, send}); } But I can't find any clue, and the syntax of this code is really weird.
      So how can I build alure from source? Please help me
      A minor confuse about OpenAL soft
      This is a little off topic, but I can't help asking. there is the text inside the ReadMe.txt of the package: openal-soft-1.18.2-bin.zip  that I find confusing:
      I thought OpenAL soft is stand-alone package, but here is the note about OpenAL redistributable. So if I build OpenAL-soft from source, should I concern about this? And if I need, what I should do with this? My guess is: require the users to install OpenAL redistributable from Creative Labs.

Thanks for reading
    • By Boziik
      Hello world!

I searched for a while a proper forum where discuss games development, I have a """little""" project to complete in spare time, but I need to know which tools use so, here I am.
      Premise: I want to make a 2d management/rpg game, it is nothing particularly advanced I think, but I don't wan't to look like the dude who thinks creating a game is an easy task.
      Which features I want to implement? What kind of gameplay?
      Well, I'm thinking about a game where you manage your hotel (and much more), divided in floors, where you upgrade rooms, assign employees to certain tasks with a drag'n'drop system. Every floor is selected with a button, you just see the map with rooms and decide what to do wiht them and who assign where. Meanwhile the employees are assigned to their own rooms or they just spawn in a common selection area because they just come to work there.
      If you want to look out of your building you click on the exit button and you have a new sort of menu, the local town (or city area) where you can select by clicking which building enter, you have shops, carpenter's workshop, docks, city council...I thought something like "Shakes&Fidget" town menu, where you can select what you need from a list or click the specific building, when you click you enter there you see another menu with the specific selections available. Meanwhile you can see you own hotel and how much is upgraded! You should be able to pay the city council to improve and upgrade the streets around you, install better lampposts and make your neighbourhood more attractive to customers.
      Also you can see the world map and other locations where you can have more buildings to manage, for example a steamer floating casinò, or another hotel in another town/city/area. So I thought this "root" structure: World map, cities/towns, local areas, buildings, floors.
      Then again, characters will have statistics, skills and abilities used while working, so I need to project how certain stats influence certain activities and which one is related to another, but I have already thought some for fights and challanges. Fight and challanges, talking about this you can also manage arenas/cage fights and "public events" such as pull the rope team vs team or 1v1 boxing match or stuff like that between your crew and rivals ones.
      Then again (is a big project, I know) I would like to implement body transformations * for those subjects intended to trasform their bodies, and become more than humans. Have you ever played "Impossible creatures" ? well, I would like to change characters arms, torso and legs, add tails and wings, horns and antennas, change skin color and add tattoos, piercings, changing hairstyles... (ok maybe the last 3 ones can made in a normal barber shop or tattoo shop) in conclusion, body customization.
      * It would be quite long for me to tell you the game's plot and how in the heck you connect a hotel-casinò sim with arena fights and laboratory transformations... I'm just telling you the most relevant features I want to insert so you will know exactly what I'm planning to create and you will answer me with all the informations you need. Leave the plot to me

Well, I guess it's everything. I don't know much about coding, I passed an exam of conding (C, MatLab) so I know the very basics things and way to operate with algorithms. I made some reseraches and I found some programs that I may use to work at this project (but I know there are more):
      Unity (They told me is not the best for 2d games...) Godot Engine GDevelop Dragon Bones (for animations) Defold I still don't know which choose, meanwhile I'm practicing with digital drawings and drawing all the game concepts I came up with.

My question is: which software do you recommend me? As you read up here you see that I'm making a game wich requires a lot of 2d animations, but beyond that is all about 2d model customization, characters stats, leveling up/upgrading, and backgrounds.

I do apologies if this thread is not written with a perfect english or if something isn't clear. Thank you all for your answers!
    • By MobileAssetsBrush
      Mobile Assets Brush just released a Spine2D animated zombies bundle with 40 unique zombies, with 12-13 mesh animations for each zombie. The package is on sale until October 26, 2017. Check it out on GameDev.Market at Animated 2D Zombies Bundle - 40 Unique Zombies.

Link for more video samples: here.

View full story
    • By MobileAssetsBrush
      Mobile Assets Brush just released a Spine2D animated zombies bundle with 40 unique zombies, with 12-13 mesh animations for each zombie. The package is on sale until October 26, 2017. Check it out on GameDev.Market at Animated 2D Zombies Bundle - 40 Unique Zombies.

Link for more video samples: here.

• Popular Now