Affgoo

[team] looking for talented artist, animator and programmer.

we are a small team of 14 developers developing multiple titles

Everyone currently on the team and future teammates must be interested in game development as a whole and not just one role, being a small indie company it is very important that you can wear a few hats and not just one. Everyone on our team is first and foremost either an artist or programmer (or both). 

looking for:
3d Artist (hand painting a huge plus)
3d Animator
entry level Software engineer with reasonable skills in c# / shaders.

^ requirement for all positions: A true love of game development and to be very self motivated.
We are a very active team, you must be too.

If interested or for more information add me on skype: nicholas.boucher4

Atlas Sentry art style: (art complete)
http://www.slidedb.com/games/atlas-sentry

Rat n Gat art style: In progress

bKTuJIl.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By scragglypoo
      Hello,
      I have a big old project that cannot be converted from D3D_XYZRHW to D3D_XYZ.
      The problem is whatever polygons around me distort, but everything in the distance is good.
      It seems to happen when NDC space vertex.x <= 0.  I guess clipping must be the solution; but I don't know how.
      Here is my current code.
      VERTEX_DECL LocalToScreen( const Vector& vector ) { VERTEX_DECL vertex; vertex.xyz = vector - Game::Eye; vertex.xyz = Game::CameraOrientation * Game::ProjectionMatrix * vertex.xyz; vertex.xyz.x = vertex.xyz.x / vertex.xyz.z; vertex.xyz.y = vertex.xyz.y / vertex.xyz.z; vertex.xyz.z = 1.0 / vertex.xyz.z; // This stops polygons around camera distorting; but it fully removes them which // is not a proper solution. I think I need some kind of clamping. if ( vertex.z <= 0.0 ) { return vertex; } vertex.xyz.x = vertex.xyz.x * Game::HalfViewportWidth + Game::HalfViewportWidth; vertex.xyz.y = vertex.xyz.y * -Game::HalfViewportHeight + Game::HalfViewportHeight; vertex.rhw = vertex.xyz.z; vertex.xyz.z = vertex.xyz.z * 0.000588; // Legacy. This doesn't seem to do anything. return vertex; }  

• By Baemz
      Hello,
      I've been working on some culling-techniques for a project. We've built our own engine so pretty much everything is built from scratch. I've set up a frustum with the following code, assuming that the FOV is 90 degrees.
      float angle = CU::ToRadians(45.f); Plane<float> nearPlane(Vector3<float>(0, 0, aNear), Vector3<float>(0, 0, -1)); Plane<float> farPlane(Vector3<float>(0, 0, aFar), Vector3<float>(0, 0, 1)); Plane<float> right(Vector3<float>(0, 0, 0), Vector3<float>(angle, 0, -angle)); Plane<float> left(Vector3<float>(0, 0, 0), Vector3<float>(-angle, 0, -angle)); Plane<float> up(Vector3<float>(0, 0, 0), Vector3<float>(0, angle, -angle)); Plane<float> down(Vector3<float>(0, 0, 0), Vector3<float>(0, -angle, -angle)); myVolume.AddPlane(nearPlane); myVolume.AddPlane(farPlane); myVolume.AddPlane(right); myVolume.AddPlane(left); myVolume.AddPlane(up); myVolume.AddPlane(down); When checking the intersections I am using a BoundingSphere of my models, which is calculated by taking the average position of all vertices and then choosing the furthest distance to a vertex for radius. The actual intersection test looks like this, where the "myFrustum90" is the actual frustum described above.
      The orientationInverse is actually the viewMatrix-inverse in this case.
      bool CFrustum::Intersects(const SFrustumCollider& aCollider) { CU::Vector4<float> position = CU::Vector4<float>(aCollider.myCenter.x, aCollider.myCenter.y, aCollider.myCenter.z, 1.f) * myOrientationInverse; return myFrustum90.Inside({ position.x, position.y, position.z }, aCollider.myRadius); } The Inside() function looks like this.
      template <typename T> bool PlaneVolume<T>::Inside(Vector3<T> aPosition, T aRadius) const { for (unsigned short i = 0; i < myPlaneList.size(); ++i) { if (myPlaneList[i].ClassifySpherePlane(aPosition, aRadius) > 0) { return false; } } return true; } And this is the ClassifySpherePlane() function. (The plane is defined as a Vector4 called myABCD, where ABC is the normal)
      template <typename T> inline int Plane<T>::ClassifySpherePlane(Vector3<T> aSpherePosition, float aSphereRadius) const { float distance = (aSpherePosition.Dot(myNormal)) - myABCD.w; // completely on the front side if (distance >= aSphereRadius) { return 1; } // completely on the backside (aka "inside") if (distance <= -aSphereRadius) { return -1; } //sphere intersects the plane return 0; }  
      Please bare in mind that this code is not optimized nor well-written by any means. I am just looking to get it working.
      The result of this culling is that the models seem to be culled a bit "too early", so that the culling is visible and the models pops away.
      How do I get the culling to work properly?
      I have tried different techniques but haven't gotten any of them to work.
      If you need more code or explanations feel free to ask for it.

Thanks.

• By ilovegames
      You are the commander of a special forces squadron. You were given a task that appeared simple at first glance - to check for suspicious activity in the building of an abandoned psychiatric hospital. But you could not even imagine what you will actually have to face.
      Download https://falcoware.com/HospitalSurvival.php

• By ilovegames
      You find yourself in an abandoned place full of mutants in the dead of night, and have to kill waves of monsters with a different kind of weapon. The main goal is to survive through the night.
      Controls:
      WASD – Walk
      Shift – Run
      Mouse1 - Attack
      Space - Jump
      Scroll Down – Change weapon
      Esc - Exit, pause
      Download https://falcoware.com/NightSurvival.php

• By ilovegames
      "Lost Signal" agency investigates paranormal events from all around the world. You are one of the agents who participates in the research of various artifacts. Investigate paranormal activities in this 3D game which has great action and elaborate 3D graphics.
      Interesting quests and creepy monsters await you!
      Download https://falcoware.com/TheLostSignalSCP.php

• Popular Now