Glasshalfpool

Seeking a composer for a percussive dynamic soundtrack

Hi there

I'm working on a game where music is a key part of the experience and am looking for a collaborator.

It's a driving game where the player must journey across a city at night to deliver a package in under an hour. It's essentially a time limited adventure taking place in a single night with short cuts, alternate paths and a story told through dialogue over the phone while the player is playing. 

It has elements that are most comparable to rhythm action games like Amplitude. The player begins at the slowest of four speeds and as they drive well they build a meter which once full, allows them to jump to the next speed. Doing so increases the colour and movement of the city and adds new layers and instruments to the soundtrack.

I've struggled to find music that is along the lines of what I'm hoping to create. This track comes the closest to what is in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpDvtIt6Lsc 

I'd be open to ideas you might have though.

If you're interested in collaborating on the music and/or audio for a really unique title in progress I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

GHP

Hello,

I'd love to help out but at the moment, I do not have a track that sounds similar to what you're requesting... My music usually is a bit more futuristic and has a lot of "louder" musical references (think rock and metal) but I also have some more ambient and EDM material.

Currently I have about 90 tracks on SoundCloud and almost all of them can be used by anyone (I use the Creative Commons Attribution license) but I also do custom work. Some of my music has already been used in games, for example in the game STANDBY that can be found on Steam.

If there's anything you like, you can use it. Or I could of course make something just for you.

My SoundCloud-page: 

Regards,
Michiel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Daerst

SWARMED is a Zombie-themed RPG / RTS currently in development using Unity 3D. We love Dwarf Fortress (though we have no illusions that SWARMED will reach the same level of complexity), roguelikes, old-school point & click RPGs and real-time strategy games. We aim to cross genre-borders here and there and give some twists to the old Martinis every gamer has been drinking since the 1980s, metaphorically.
      Single player, 3D graphics and adjustable top-down camera - old-school RPG / RTS feeling Take control of a core group of survivors after the outbreak Encounter Zombies that are a real threat, no machine-gun massacre. Don't get swarmed! Build a safe zone anywhere with a highly flexible build system: campsite, lighthouse, school, or fence a whole village Grant asylum to other survivors that you meet and make them a part of your community Achieve sustainability in your safe zone and go on supply runs with your survivors
      Development
      The core team of recently founded indie studio Three Eyed Games currently consists of one writer, two artists and two programmers, based in Germany. We are in our mid-20s with professional experience in developing interactive 3D applications with Unity.
      SWARMED will feature both a 'free-play mode' and a campaign with mid-sized maps that leads the player through a story while explaining the gameplay and introducing him / her to the survivors: a core group a few 'hero' characters the player starts with (each one a detailed character with backstory, hopes and dreams), and more 'heroes' (total not more than 20, probably less) that the player can meet on the journey. In addition, randomly generated NPCs (less detailed and not directly controllable, similar to the way Dwarf Fortress handles its dwarves) can join your safe zone – if you let them.
      We plan to release a few 'Origin' prototypes that showcase individual gameplay systems and meanwhile give a gentle introduction to the characters you will meet in the game. Origin I, showcasing the build system and many fundamental elements like character controls and interactions, is finished and will be released soon. Next up, we're working on the dialog system to be presented in Origin II. Get in touch and we will provide more details and a playable version.
      We want you!
      We seriously think you should join the fun! We are looking for:
      Level Designers / Environment Artists, preferably with experience in Unity and procedural asset creation. Design and build maps with interesting visuals and proper pacing. 3D Artists. Our shacks, items and the dead guys' faces could use some plastic surgery. Can you do that? Writers. We have a bunch of characters to detail and a story to write ahead of us. Game Designers. We have a rough game design sketched out that needs improvement and completion. We need a balanced combat system, trees for constructions, workshops and character skills etc. PR & Community Managers, preferably with web development experience. We want to build a community around the game, and we need you to plan and manage this (with the help of the rest of the team, of course). 2D Artists / UX Designers, preferably with Unity UI experience. Our menus still look pretty dull, and we don't like that. We also need concept art for characters and iconic game moments to define their look and feel. Coders. If you know your way around Unity and C#, there are lots of challenging things to be done. You will work closely together with the two programmers already on the team to get going quickly. Please drop me a message or contact info@three-eyed-games.com
    • By ticklishdotty
      Its a rock music track any feedback is appreciated, thank you.
      MIX-2
    • By DreamPowered

Hello everyone,

I am happy to introduce you the FPS project I am working on with 2 of my friends: Warcry: Extermination

We have been working on it for a few years now, and decided to move to Unreal Engine about a year ago, to finalize our prototype.

The game is an old school FPS, somewhere between quake and Serious Sam, unforgiving like Dark Souls and in Dungeon like environments, that will maybe remind you Skyrim a bit.

As for any good FPS out there, the main focus is on combat, however, we haven’t neglected exploration, platforms, traps and puzzles neither! The levels can be explored freely, with many secret locations to discover.

In Warcry: Extermination, you will also be able to upgrade your weapons and acquire new powers, such as Dash, Hologram or even Slow motion. I will tell you more about it later !

And here is how it looks in Unreal Engine 4 :

We should be able to show you more next week!
    • By Geri
      Anime Maker is an ultimately simple and but powerfull crossplatform software to create animated cartoons and anime.

Download your favorite anime fanworks (characters, backgrounds) from internet, then open them with Anime Maker to create an Anime from them!

Anime Maker offers shot based timeline management with 27 image layers, simple BONE ANIMATION for moving your heroes, dozens of effect including fire, water, snowfall, fountain, and refraction.

Make your own anime for amatheur or professional movie competitions! Create your own ultimate fanfictions from your favorit anime, impress your friends, create your own anime seasons for televisions, or video sharing sites!

Your career as an anime artist starts today!

Anime Maker offers all the feature that required to create an anime, including the folowing: 

- Time-line and shot based video edition with copy/paste/delete abilities
      - Support for bmp, jpg, png formats with alpha map, and automatic alpha-map generation
      - 27 independent graphics layer to create your movie
      - 3 sound channel on the timeline
      - Wav and ogg files for audio
      - Mouse and touchscreen for input
      - AVI video export with antialiasing
      - x86 and ARM based computers and mobile phones
      - Windows, Linux and Android compatibility
      - 8 invididual bones on all layers, with 4 joints each
      - Real time motion movement recording for realible animation
      - Dozens of fire and particle effects with your own textures
      - Layer refraction effects (water waves, etc)
      - Anime Maker supports multiple CPU cores for great performance
      - Dedicated mouth speak layer management
      - More stable than video software usually
      - Very small memory footprint, and powersaving
      - Ability to morph, move, resize, color, blend your layers in real-time
      - WYSIWYG editor: what you see is what you will get on export
      - Supports cutting exported video into multiple files
      - Tooltips as easy usage guide
      - Instant start and quit
      - Multimedia cacheing to avoid memory waste
      - 16:9 ratio with custom shot sizes optimized for Anime
      - Colored and shadowed subtitles
      download:
      http://AnimeMaker.tk
      http://gerigeri.uw.hu/animemaker/index.html

• By TheSomeone77177
      I need some help determining which methods of path finding i should use. The scenario is that i want 100-1000 agents (with steering behaviors) moving to a single location (the player) via a flow field. I am currently following this PDF for guidance (Supreme Commander 2 Pathfinding) but a lot of the technologies they use are meant for an RTS. Different groups of agents often have different goals to move toward to. Since i have a single, consistent goal, would i still implement things like an A* search through sectors based on an agent's location in the map (there's a lot of agents so..), or would i simply generate the flow fields in the sectors that are occupied?
      Basically, since i have a single target at all times, which technologies should i use and which should i forget about
  • Popular Now