• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By regnar
      Hi!
      I've been trying to implement simple virtual globe rendering system using "3D Engine Design for Virtual Globes" book as a reference.  What I do is I use 6 planes to form a cube, send it to GPU and use vertex shader to form a sphere and add random noise to simulate surface of the planet. The problem is how do I do CPU work on the vertex data from now on - how do I get world space coordinates of a terrain patch to perform LOD techniques, how do I do camera-terrain collision detection etc. ?
    • By NDraskovic
      Hey guys,
      I have a really weird problem. I'm trying to get some data from a REST service. I'm using the following code:

private void GetTheScores() { UnityWebRequest GetCommand = UnityWebRequest.Get(url); UnityWebRequestAsyncOperation operation = GetCommand.SendWebRequest(); if (!operation.webRequest.isNetworkError) { ResultsContainer rez = JsonUtility.FromJson<ResultsContainer>(operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text); Debug.Log("Text: " + operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text); } } The problem is that when I'm in Unity's editor, the request doesn't return anything (operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text is empty, the Debug.Log command just prints "Text: "), but when I enter the debug mode and insert a breakpoint on that line, then it returns the text properly. Does anyone have an idea why is this happening?
      The real problem I'm trying to solve is that when I receive the text, I can't get the data from the JSON. The markup is really simple:
      [{"id":1,"name":"Player1"},{"id":2,"name":"Player2"}] and I have an object that should accept that data:
      [System.Serializable] public class ResultScript { public int id; public string name; } There is also a class that should accept the array of these objects (which the JSON is returning):
      [System.Serializable] public class ResultsContainer { public ResultScript[] results; } But when I run the code (in the debug mode, to get any result) I get an error: ArgumentException: JSON must represent an object type. I've googled it but none of the proposed solutions work for me.
      Also (regardless if I'm in the debug mode or not) when I try to do some string operations like removing or adding characters to the GET result, the functions return an empty string as a result
      Can you help me with any of these problems?
      Thank you
    • By mister345
      Hi guys, so I have about 200 files isolated in their own folder [physics code] in my Visual Studio project that I never touch. They might as well be a separate library, I just keep em as source files in case I need to look at them or step through them, but I will never actually edit them, so there's no need to ever build them.
      However, when I need to rebuild the entire solution because I changed the other files, all of these 200 files get rebuilt too and it takes a really long time.
      If I click on their properties -> exclude from build, then rebuild, it's no good because then all the previous built objects get deleted automatically, so the build will fail.
      So how do I make the built versions of the 200+ files in the physics directory stay where they are so I never have to rebuild them, but
      do a normal rebuild for everything else? Any easy answers to this? The simpler the better, as I am a noob at Visual Studio settings. Thanks.
    • By nihitori
      The Emotional Music Vol. I pack focuses on beautiful and esoteric orchestral music, capable of creating truly emotive and intimate moods. It features detailed chamber strings, cello and piano as the main instruments, resulting in a subtle and elegant sound never before heard in video game royalty-free music assets.

The pack includes 5 original tracks, as well as a total of 47 loops based on these tracks (long loops for simple use and short loops for custom / complex music layering).

Unity Asset Store link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/107032
      Unreal Engine Marketplace link: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/emotional-music-vol-i

A 15 seconds preview of each main track is available on Soundcloud:

• By howie_007
      angelscript/add_on/scriptstdstring/scriptstdstring.cpp:39: virtual CStdStringFactory::~CStdStringFactory(): Assertion `stringCache.size() == 0' failed.
      The above error happens when I quit out my application. I'm developing on Linux. I'm not sure why the stringCache still has strings in it. Shouldn't the destructor just clean-up the left over strings instead of asserting?
  • Advertisement