• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
khawk

Improbable Announces SpatialOS Integration with Unreal Engine in Open Beta

Improbable has announced that the Unreal SDK for SpatialOS is now in Open Beta. This coincides with the latest release of SpatialOS version 12.0, which introduced new features that expanded and stabilized Unreal functionality on Improbable’s game development platform. 

"We’re delighted that our Unreal integration has reached this level of stability, eight months after we first revealed it.” said Rob Whitehead, CTO of Improbable. “This is a huge step for our platform – the Unreal Engine and Epic have been cornerstones of the games industry for several tech generations, and our team has grown up with games like Gears of War and Unreal Tournament. We’re already supporting third-party studios familiar with Unreal in their work on the next generation of games - and we’re always looking for more.”

Improbable’s Unreal SDK Open Beta is available today for Windows-based development

"Any integration that enables developers to push their boundaries and go that extra mile has to be a good thing, but this initiative is a massive win for both developers and gamers,” commented Mike Gamble, European Territory Manager, Epic Games. “We’re looking forward to working closely with Improbable and excited to see what results in the coming months.”

More information on the Unreal Integration Open Beta is available here. You can also learn more on the Improbable blog.

View full story

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By Tibsun
      We are a growing team of hobbyists working on a small prototype for a horror game called Soulanity. We are working in Unreal Engine 4 and we need a few more members to help see this project to completion.

All team members must be active on discord and willing to show up to team meetings.  You will need a good internet connection to download the project and any updates. Beginners are welcome, but you need to be motivated and capable of working independently. Any profits gained from our projects will be split evenly among the team.
      The positions we need:
      Level Designer – We have one level designer who has done an awesome job so far, but they don’t have as much time to work on the project anymore, so we need someone to help complete the map
      3D Artist – We still need 3d models for general props like books, tools, shelves, janitorial supplies, and some organic modeling for characters and the environment.
      Rigging/Animation – Still need animations for the player character, the main antagonist, and 2 smaller mobs.
      Unreal Engine Programmer – This game is currently entirely coded in blueprints. Most of the basic gameplay mechanics are complete but there is still much more to do.

If you are interested in joining the team just add me on Discord and we’ll have a chat. Tibsun#1244

• By Anderfell
      **[ROYALTY]**  Note you may have seen this project before and it is not a copy just new account that is updated thank you.

Hello my name is Brandon,

We are currently seeking two new members for our team, before applying you must be aware that we are seeking people that are 100% committed to this project, you must be reachable within the day, replying to questions or responding to our messages and in general be actively online, otherwise I ask nicely that you do not apply.

The persons we are seeking are an experienced Programmer with knowledge  in c++ the c++ and familiarity with unreal is the main thing were seeking, other teams we are currently looking for are 3D artists to work on Humanoid models Props and more, were are also seeking other team members such as Generalists that understands the Unreal Engine, Animators for Human, Non Human and Objects were keeping the team small and having whats needed so feel free to apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SEEKING CURRENT POSITIONS]

[Animators] x 3 [ Human, Non Human, Rigging, FPS Hands]

[3D Artist]  x3 [ Organics, Human and Creatures, Props and Architecture

[Concept Artist] x2 [ Environments, Characters, Model Sheets, Coloring and Line Work,]  

[UI Artist] x1 [ Passion for Sci Fi Genre ]

[FX Artist] x1 [ Particle Effects, Shaders & Lighting, Texturing]

[Generalist] x 1 [ We would like someone that has good knowledge of Unreal Engine that can set up anything we need in Engine. ]

[Writer] x 1 [ We would need someone that can work with me on game documents, organisation of documents story arcs, character development, dialogue creation, text editing and other text related jobs. ]

[PROGRAMMER] "Game-play Mechanics "

The project is Royalties and when any fund raising is made you will also receive some funding based off that, this is divided depending on amount of hours made toward the game, there are no contracts till game turns to a more serious note.

The game is a Action RPG with online elements this will be an ongoing project, we are running ssh servers, and Prefroce. We have a small staff of experienced people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do have some artwork to show of the world a little and what it's about, If you are interested in joining the project please contact us at:

Anderfell info:
      Anderfell#5123 on Discord
      nevarra@hotmail.com email

We are active on Discord and maybe take a day or two to reply to emails on our website as we receive a few a daily we need to sort through thanks. 

https://digitalforgedstudios.com/

Comic Panel

http://imgur.com/a/905pd

Artwork

http://imgur.com/a/0JchV

Models

http://imgur.com/a/jdhWu

Game Document
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bNlP-qwR15BLGG66hDUcewqlWIPP4flnHxRwxfhNmTE/edit?usp=sharing

Regards Brandon
      Digital Forged Game Development Team.

• By Cello Gaming
      Hello I am looking for a team who are willing to work on a Realistic, Large, Story-based, Open-World, Survival, Horror game. I'm looking for a team that is willing to stay with me through the whole project. 
      For this project I will be needing:
      3D Modeler: Somebody who has a good understanding on how to create 3D models through Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, or any other Modeling programs of their choosing Animator: Someone able to rig and animate humans, non-humans, and machines. Artist: Someone able to make art for loading screens, GUIs, and Cover art. Environment Artist (2-3): Someone able to create a large open world for the players to explore Writer: Someone who has experience writing story-lines and can write dialogue for this project Sound Engineer: Somebody who can create sounds for character movements, environment, and animals     Ideas for The Project: - Shipwrecked on an island after getting caught in a storm out on the ocean - Start on the boat with all your friends and a bunch of NPCs where the ship doesn't crash until you talk to the captain - Able to search wreckage to find food, water, and a basic tool. - Locked areas in the wreckage that you need special tools or codes to open. - Secret chests you can find on the island through maps that you can find in abandoned houses, shacks, and wreckage of pirate ships. - Fishing rods to go fishing for different kinds of fish. - Cooking system to cook food on a grill or campfire which requires propane tanks or wood to continue burning - Underwater and land caves with plenty of resources - Mutant bosses that you can fight above or under water - Underwater life (Sharks, Fish, Large underwater Squid boss)   These are just ideas they may or may not be implemented in the final product. Any feedback on ideas for the game would be appreciated.   We will be setting up a kickstarter for people to support this, if this project gets up going, so watch for that.  
    • By davejones
      I have seen a number of posts about this topic but was wondering what the most effective way is. I have been working on a project in unreal engine 4 and am struggling to get virtual reality mode to work in the engine. A route I am pursuing to solve the problem is to use the unity game engine. I have a virtual reality template set up in unity and need to export the project from unreal engine 4 into unity. Whats the best way to export the project from UE4 and than import into unity?  
    • By Cello Gaming
      I am developing my first game and I need help creating a proper character for ue4. If anyone is willing to help, please contact me on my discord: TooCoolCello#0633
      any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    • By nihitori
      This is the official Sales topic for the acclaimed Colossal Game Music Collection (100+ five-star ratings on the Unity Asset Store) and its Lite version, the Essential Game Music Collection.

Updates will be made here every time a sale is taking place on either the Unity Asset Store or the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

Current Sales:

Summer Sale on the Unreal Engine Marketplace -

- Colossal Game Music Collection at 60% OFF - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/colossal-game-music-collection

Please feel free to post here any questions you might have about either the sales or the collection itself.
    • By MoreLion
      What Is This Game About?:

The game is called “The Standing” And is similar to Resident Evil Biohazard And Outlast, I have been speaking with some horror devs who know how to scare a player, not just jumpscares, but atmospheres, horror build ups and then nothing happens, extreme silence, I have done ALOT of research on horror, The Game will be developed in unreal engine

STORY:

After a deadly virus plunges the world into chaos killing 85% of the human population there are now what they call “zones” these zones are watched very closely by the surviving government, people are checked every day for the virus, even if you touch the spit or any human waste or fluids of the victim who is infected, you will die. But one day, people in the west zone start to go missing, 1 woman goes outside the walls to uncover the mystery, is there more to the virus than meets the eye?, That is where your story starts.

My Role:

I’m the game designer/lead/Director, I will be managing the project along the way, this project isn’t that big imo however i will make sure it’s a awesome experience! Hopefully you will stick around afterwards,

What We Need And Requirements:

At the moment it’s a really small team, however that’s why I’m on here! To grow the team! So heres some people we need!

- Unreal Engine Programmers (Must Know C++ And Be Able To Adapt To Other Engines (For Future)

- 3D Modellers (Organic And Hard surface)

- Animators 

- Other (Please Specify When Contacting Me)

It would be even more helpful if you show your portfolio.

If interested email liondude12@gmail.com
    • By Helgraves
      Hello!
      I am seeking a few team members to help me run some survival sandbox game servers through a 3rd party hosting site. My goal is to replace "official" servers in the sense that our servers offer the best experience for players of all types (not easy to do!). Why do I need a team for this? Because the game we are working with has far more potential than most people realize - it is my hope that I can bring a better ruleset to the table that focuses more on fun-factor than a genre label.
      My end-game goal is to run quite a few long-term small MRPG servers across multiple games/platforms (platforms of course based on availability of supported server hosting). Personally, I see multiplayer and co-op gamers gravitating towards a more personal experience with small, MRPG servers, as opposed to something like an MMORPG.
      Current Progress:
      Design Document
      Server Patch Notes
      A little about me:
      I took 6 years of high school and have zero college education Zero game/software development experience Hate math, can't code, also can't create any type of art assets Musician of almost 30 years Work on songwriting and music production in a metal band based in my region Only have hobbies for things I'm passionate about, have had some success professionally, with more to come Can I build a toaster, no, but I can tell you exactly how it should work without confusing you That being said, I have made a lot of progress this year on my own - and currently have one server up and running. I am at a point now where I need to construct a small team to help me get my other servers up and running, as well as adding/creating custom content. 
      Currently looking for:
      1-2 x Mod Developers 1 x Server Administrator You must have access to the game we are running our server on, as well as any other tools that are needed to get the job done (like Unreal 4 engine, software development tools, etc.)
      I am more than willing to provide information as requested for anyone interested!
      Thank you for your time,
      Helgraves
    • By davejones
      I am trying to package a game to an ios device, but I am getting the error "Provisioning profile doesn't match the entitlements file's value for the get-task-allow entitlement". Where do I find the entitlements files and change the value? I am packaging for distribution, and am using a distribution profile and certificate. This error appears in the output log of an unreal engine 4 project which is on a mac operating system. 
    • By MoreLion
      Hey All! We are a team of 7 looking for more members for our story based action adventure game!
      we are looking for:
      People who can do cutscenes and animation (Gameplay Animation and cutscenes)
      Unreal Engine 4.19 Programmers (MUST KNOW C++)
      Concept artists/Environment artists
      VFX Artists
      Logo/Ui Designers
      3D Character Modellers (Who Can Also Rig)
      Orchestra Composer
      If interested please email liondude12@gmail.com looking forward to hearing from you.
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!