Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

Bullet Bullet Physics on Deformable Rigid Bodies

When a body experiences a collision, there may be causing a bump or decal on the body itself, and the box shape or hull shape only affects the transformation, how do I make it affect the vertex buffer, because in soft bodies simulation, you could actually affect the vertex buffer, you can't with rigid bodies, if I cast a soft body on the rigid body with limited elasticity. ohhh. but real strange to me...
how do I make this happen?
Thanks
Jack

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By MeeMaster
      I am a beginner in the Game Dev business, however I plan to build a futuristic MMO with some interesting mechanics.
      However, I have some doubts about shooting mechanics that I chose for this game and would like to know your opinion on this. The mechanic goes as follows:
      - Each gun would have it's damage-per-shot value
      - Each gun would have it's shots-per-second value
      - Each gun would have it's accuracy rating
      Now the question is: how to calculate the output damage? I have three available options:
      1) Calculate the chance of each shot hitting the target (per-shot accuracy)
      2) Multiply the damage output of a weapon by it's accuracy rating (weapon with 50% accuracy deals 50% of it's base damage)
      3) Don't use accuracy at all and just adjust the weapon damage output
      Which of these three mechanics would you like to see in a game? Mind, this will be an MMO game, so it will have lock-on targets, AoE effects and all that jazz.
    • By lucky6969b
      My AI subsystem is completed dragged by the physics with objects with Gimpact proxies.. When you need to calculate stuff like bumps, it is very horrible...It is even worse than using compound vehicle methods...
      Thanks
      Jack
    • By lucky6969b
      I looked one of the the bullet physics samples which talks about the topic in height field. But however, when the height fields get rendered, the "DemoApplication" class calls the opengl shape drawer object which finally retrieves the display list of the collision shape, which is strongly coupled to opengl, I want to do the same thing with DirectX (D3DX at the moment, damn old, but hey).. How can I draw the height fields out? Is there a way to turn the display list into something recognizable by Direct3D 9?
      Thanks
      Jack
    • By lucky6969b
      //synchronize the wheels with the (interpolated) chassis worldtransform l_vehicle->updateWheelTransform(j,true); const btTransform& t = l_vehicle->getWheelInfo(j).m_worldTransform; D3DXMATRIX l_mat = BT2DX_MATRIX(t); D3DXMATRIX l_rot; D3DXMatrixRotationY(&l_rot, 1.57f); l_mat = l_rot * l_mat; // assume front wheels AgentMotionState* motion = dynamic_cast(l_vehicle->getRigidBody()->getMotionState()); if (motion) { boost::shared_ptr pObj = motion->m_object; if (j==0) { D3DXVECTOR3 s, p; D3DXQUATERNION r; D3DXMatrixDecompose(&s, &r, &p, &l_mat); double yaw, pitch, roll; yaw = pitch = roll = 0.0f; QuatToEuler(r, yaw, pitch, roll); TRACE("Veh: " << i << "Pos of wheel 0 is " << p.x << " " << p.y << " " << p.z); yaw = CapRadian(yaw); TRACE("Veh: " << i << "Rot of wheel 0 is " << yaw); FRAME* frontWheels = (FRAME*)D3DXFrameFind(pObj->m_mesh->GetFrameRoot(), "Front_Left_Wheel"); frontWheels->matCombined = l_mat; //frontWheels->TransformationMatrix = l_mat; }

Looks like the left front wheel is on the far left of the chassis with a large gap?
      Why is that?
      Thanks
      Jack
    • By 123iamking
      I used to use ScreenPointToRay function to help me do this in Unity3d. But now I use Ogre and Bullet, I have to do this on my own.
      I try to dig into Bullet's example and find out this function getRayTo which convert the point on that click on screen (camera) to the 3d world point with 'farPlane' distance from the camera (that what I think). Then they create the ray (vector AB) by set the A point is the camera position, B point is the point get from the function getRayTo above. I try to re-implement this function in my project (use Ogre for graphic, so I have to use Ogre's camera and world). But I can't get it right because I don't understand the function getRayTo from Bullet.
      Please explain the algorithm to convert screen point to ray. If there is a better algorithm please teach me.
      Note: the scenario to use this algorithm is to find out the position to go for the character - like in the game TouchLight - a point and click game.
      https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/d52fb7510bbe3801431cc0a431e4c1847ee3e0f1/examples/CommonInterfaces/CommonRigidBodyBase.h#L17
  • Popular Now