Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By JediEwok
      I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the art section, but in the end it seemed more of a career question. If it needs to be moved, please do that.
      I'm a writer first.  That's what I've been doing for years (comics and screenplays) and that's the main path I want to take in the gaming industry.  But I'm realistic, and I know that I'm one in millions competing for very few spots, so I want to add some more skills to make myself more appealing.  I had to learn some programming for school, and I know that's not the path I want to take.  It just doesn't click with me. I've been learning 3ds Max for a while, and I think I'm decent at modeling some basic stuff (non-character) but I also recognize that I have a long way to go before I'm actually good. I'm not very good with materials and textures yet, and horrible with animation, and I get a little overwhelmed looking at just how much I have left to learn if I want to do it all.  I think I should focus on one area to improve for now, and eventually work on the rest.
      I've worked a little bit with particles in a few learning projects in Max and Unreal and really enjoyed it.  So the question is, if I want to really focus on the SFX side of things, what's the best way to do it?  Should I focus on doing it through one of the modeling programs like Max, Maya, or Houdini,  or should I focus on the stuff built into the game engine (Unreal is what I use now because it's what we use for school, I plan to eventually get a feel for Unity and maybe Lumberyard)?  Or should I focus on a 3rd party plugin like PopcornFx that can be used in multiple programs?
    • By Isvar Arthur
      Hi folks!
      I'm trying to set the "correct" path for the game education of a young girl (12). I work under the Scratch environment but she is reaching its limits, so it's better to find a new challenge.
      What do you think to be the best advice?
      If there is too few details or so, please give indications about that in order to receive thorougly responses. Example: she has almost zero knowledge about Java and nothing about other languages. But good news are she is relatively fluent with Python. So, my first idea was to get into the Pygame world to take advantage of her present knowledge rather than starting from zero in another environment.
      Thanks for your replies!
    • By NoobDevSensei
      Hey all im Norvik i really like games but recently want to create them yes i know it takes a lot of people to make a single game but right now im just focusing on the 3d aspect of it i tried c# i kinda understood a bit of it but it didnt catch my attention right now im doing 3d work in Blender and later on i would like to at least prototype my ideas into Unity the thing is i think i hate coding and the other day i saw something called Uscript (visual Scripting) can someone tell me if thats a good way to go ?
    • By mivagames
      Hello all,
      We are a small team that would like to introduce our game - “Bondo 2 - Fusion of Domino”. It's "merging game" with levels.
      The testing phase there were many questions. We are would like to hear constructive reaction about Tutorial of our game: very detailed or no, very long or ... etc.
      We would be happy for any feedback.
      Thanks!
      iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1288081600

• Popular Now