• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By davemacdo
      I'm a formally trained composer (doctorate from Michigan State) who writes what most people would call avant-garde concert music. I love weird abstract projects, and I would like to work with somebody making a weird, abstract, artsy game. 
      You can find more about me and my music on my site. I have worked with acoustic and electronic sounds, including some procedurally generated and interactive computer music. 
      In particular, I would like to work on a project that lets me use Fmod to prepare an adaptive score for a game built on Unity or Unreal. I've been a music professor and would like to get experience working in this medium so that I can be a better mentor for my students. Send me a DM or email <davidjohnmacdonald@gmail.com> if you would like to discuss working on a project together. 
    • By 51mon
      Hey
      I'm dealing with ribbons following the shape of multiple spline segments. It's straightforward to compute the direction at any point along the spline. However the ribbon also got a flat shape and I'm struggling with finding a way to compute the angle of the ribbon in the plane perpendicular to the direction.
      To illustrate what I mean here's a piece of code that almost worked:
      float3x3 rotMtxFromSpline; rotMtxFromSpline[1] = normalize(splineDir); rotMtxFromSpline[0] = normalize(cross(float3(1, 0, 0), rotMtxFromSpline[1])); rotMtxFromSpline[2] = cross(rotMtxFromSpline[0], rotMtxFromSpline[1]); // Rotate rotMtxFromSpline[0] in the rotMtxFromSpline[0]-rotMtxFromSpline[2]-plane to align with float3(0, 0, 1) dir rotMtxFromSpline[0] = normalize(dot(rotMtxFromSpline[0], float3(0, 0, 1)) * rotMtxFromSpline[0] + dot(rotMtxFromSpline[2], float3(0, 0, 1)) * rotMtxFromSpline[2]); rotMtxFromSpline[2] = cross(rotMtxFromSpline[0], rotMtxFromSpline[1]); The problem with this code is when the spline segment becomes perpendicular to (0,0,1)-dir as the orientation switch from one side to the other very easily.
      The approach above is kind of a global approach and I'm thinking if there's a way to append some info to each spline segment to remedy the issue.
      Anyhow I wanted to post this question in case anyone had a similar problem that they solved or maybe anyone know some web resource dealing with this issue?

Thanks!
    • By oranssi
      This is an adult psychedelic fighting game with spirits of the natural elements. 
      Choose your character to represent an anthropomorphic version of the different elements. 
      Earth, fire, air, water and more. There are 28 Archelemental spirits to unlock. 
      Take on challenges to earn more goodies such as sexy content, story modes and even make your own Archelemental to play and to share it with others.
      Download here :
      https://oranssi.itch.io/archelementals-of-eiss

Trailer :
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmBNu_dPN_Y

• By oranssi
      This is an adult psychedelic fighting game with spirits of the natural elements. 
      Choose your character to represent an anthropomorphic version of the different elements. 
      Earth, fire, air, water and more. There are 28 Archelemental spirits to unlock. 
      Take on challenges to earn more goodies such as sexy content, story modes and even make your own Archelemental to play and to share it with others.
      Download here :
      https://oranssi.itch.io/archelementals-of-eiss

Trailer :
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmBNu_dPN_Y

• By Ricardo3Ddev
      Hi guys!
      This is a independent game being produced by me and my brother. We’ve been working on it for about 6 months and we’ve already done a good part of the game. We hope to finalize and make it available on Steam by the end of this year.
      We are using Blender 3D and Gimp software for production.

About the Game: Dongo Adventure will be a 3D platform style game, where the main character (Dongo) is a mouse that ventures through various scenarios (sewers, culverts, streets, electric grid, etc.) and faces several enemies along the way (cockroaches, mosquitoes, spiders, toxic gases, electrical wires, etc.). He carries a basket / backpack with cheeses that he uses to throw and defend himself from enemies, as well as being able to push objects that helps him to overcome obstacles. The ultimate goal will be a surprise!

Now we are developing new scenarios and enemies. We hope to publish news soon...
      Game page on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/811450/Dongo_Adventure/ - (Teaser UPDATED)
      Dongo Adventure - Indie Game Project (First Teaser) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2nmxtkE0xk

Thanks for following the project!

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Looking to join a development team?

Hey all, I am pretty new here and still wanted to share my idea (albeit I do already have a small team in place). Myself and 3 others have teamed up to start a project on a TPS.  The brief plot is:

The N. Koreans decide to infiltrate the USA. It is your job as the main playable character to overcome this invasion, by many means necessary. Your goal in the game is to destroy the enemy strongholds, release hostages, raise the USA flags within each level.

The great thing about this is that, the game will NOT just be based around 1 city - and also NOT just 1 US state. ;) .  You at first are fighting on your own through half of the first level, then you start gaining charisma points, which in turn allows you to recruit by-standers on the streets to join you, in the fight for freedom.  

The thing is, we need other 3D Artist, SFX, level designers/programmers and concept artist to join the team. 

Anyone thinks this sounds intriguing so far, please let me know you're interests...

Advertisement