How do I best present my concept to a bunch of business people?

Started by
5 comments, last by N1njaSt0rm 6 years, 5 months ago

So I seem to have landed a chance to make a brief presentation of my work to some private investor people. I have presented things to technical and creative people before, but never to a bunch of "suits". They already seem a bit interested (or I would never have gotten the chance to present it), but I would love to hear from anyone with experience or just some ideas on how best to do it. What do I focus on? What should I avoid? Flash or statistics? Technology or return on investment? Any advice is gratefully accepted!!

[DEDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

Advertisement

Congrats! :)

Take a read through "12 Tricks to Selling Your Ideas, Your Game & Yourself."

I would try to detail your idea concisely in just a minute or two, and then move on and spend more detail on how you plan to make it a reality and bring the product to market. If these people are potential investors they're likely going to be interested in a business plan.  This should cover return on investment (or at least profitability), along with a brief summary of your competitors, whatever unique edge your proposal has, and how you plan to market and sell the product.

- Jason Astle-Adams

summarize all you have written in your blogs. I mean the blogs played a large part in this so they will be expecting you to do something along the lines of the blog.

Great news about your success!

57 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Great news about your success!

It's not in the bag yet :)

[DEDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

4 hours ago, Embassy of Time said:

Flash or statistics?

Both.

4 hours ago, Embassy of Time said:

Technology or return on investment?

It should be obvious which one of those investors are more interested in. If the technology is uniquely central to your business concept and can be explained briefly in ways that non-technical people can easily understand without needing to learn technical concepts or jargon, then explain it briefly in such ways. 

I usually advise that one game is not a business idea, but then Riot Games happened (made just one game and made it big). Still, you need to show your investors how your game idea will attract players and money, how you will foster and keep players engaged and grow your player base. Your marketing plan and player retention plan should be central to your pitch, along with your player community management plan. jbadams mentioned having a competitive analysis - I agree that's important, but I disagree that it should be brief. You need to discuss the competition extensively - what other games are played by your anticipated player base, and how your game is going to woo and win over those players or that type of player. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Try:  https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/251311

If you want more info look up " how to make an investor pitch" or "investor pitch deck".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement