BarefeetBob

Looking for a challenge! (3D Modelling)

Hello Guys!

Lately i've been working a lot with 3ds max and i've been messing around in unity and blender. Therefor i'm looking for some fun challenges to motivate myself to keep learning more and more. 

If anyone is looking for someone to make some models or help with designing levels for their games, let me know!

Hope to hear from you guys!

I don't know your personal taste, so some of these might not arouse your interest:

1. Scorpion / Spider (especially if you rig it, too, since the shell shouldn't deform!)
  2. Eagle / sparrow (the bird, not the weapon, how'd you do nice feathers that can be real-time rendered?)
  3. Barett Cal .50 / Minigun (if you're into CoD/Battlefield/...)
  4. A sail ship, like from Anno (with sails and stuff that can have cloth simulation)

These could be used for a variety of games, and a are a nice step away from Humoid characters.

Putting aside the 3. all of these are fit for a RPG, so you might even challenge yourself to adhere to a specific art style for all of them as well.

Hi,

I have a 3D platformer I'm working on and would like character models made for it. The main characters are all human, but enemies may take more exotic shapes. We'll also eventually need levels modeled.

Let me know if you're interested, thanks.

Can you post a link to any of your previous work so we can get an idea for your style, interests, etc?

I'm working on a fantasy RTS/MOBA type game and could use someone with art and design abilities.

Thanks for the responses guys! Maybe i didn't make it really clear in the first message, but i didn't work yet with character modelling, but more realistic modeling like rooms and objects. Style wise i've been gaming my whole life and really played a huge variety of games and therefor i'm also interested in trying different stuff. So what i would like to make is more like levels and for example objects for in the game. I will try to post some stuff later on of what i've been working on so far! @orod @Canislupus54 @Iltis

What is your experience with creating organic meshes (creatures) and rigging and animating them?   I'm assembling a game development team and it would be helpful to have an extra artist on the team (You would be required to make both organic and stationary meshes).

If you don't know how to animate or Rig in 3DS Max, I will teach you via personal tutoring.  ... If you are interested.

Edited by AlphaSilverback
typos

If you could provide me with a more direct form of contact (email, Skype, Discord, etc.) I'd love to talk w/ you about working on a game. The game is currently still in pre-development, but I already know most of the props/models that will be in the final product. Past experience isn't important to me and I'm willing to see what you can do. I'd love to hear back from you Bob. ; )

On 10/23/2017 at 10:35 AM, BarefeetBob said:

Thanks for the responses guys! Maybe i didn't make it really clear in the first message, but i didn't work yet with character modelling, but more realistic modeling like rooms and objects.

Asking game developers what 3D models they would like to see is going to border on organic modeling. Hard edge 3D modeling is easy and so there is no shortage of 3D modelers for it and a lot of developers can make basic props.

If you want to ease into organic modeling try a robot followed by a power armour, monsters, aliens, toon characters and then your first realistic character.

On 10/22/2017 at 4:42 PM, BarefeetBob said:

If anyone is looking for someone to make some models or help with designing levels for their games, let me know!

I am not looking for help but do have a suggestion for you: Make a scene.

At this point you probably mostly focused on single models, to get them looking good you have to focus on details. The thing with scenes is that those small details look like noise, so making a scene teaches you to focus on larger details.

Nice to see more 3D modelers around. Good luck with your work.