• Advertisement
Sword7

Culling cone frustum

Does anyone know any algorithms about culling cone frustum?  I was searching through google but can't find any source.  I only know about culling rectangle frustum (5-6 planes for view normal).

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisement

Have you  searched for cone-box, cone-sphere and cone-plane intersection? Those ought to be enough to code some culling. It's a regular cone, the hard part of the usual frustum is that it has tons of planes, so you need to do intersection with each, but a cone is a more basic shape so there are equations to test directly for it.

I mean for cone-sphere culling.  When it is inside or intersection of cone frustum, raise flag.  

I recently searched about cone-sphere and now found a few sources about "Cull the cone" article about box, sphere, and plane. I now got it. Thanks for that reply.