Can I have any suggestion for a survival game

Started by
3 comments, last by YourBestFriend 6 years, 5 months ago

Hi guys ... I my self can say that I am not very good a game developing in fact I don't have any experience in creating any game however I just want some opinions about it so that I could make some concept, write some notes down.

I have some ideas about the game ... the game take place in 1945 where world war 2 is being held in Germany Italy and Japan .... and in that time in my game the Allied force is loosing that's why they plan to make some vault where citizen of their country will be safe from the war ...

And you the main protagonist is a soldier who lost all of his memory. You have to survive from the harsh world. Looting crafting surviving and social interaction is one of the key ingredients of the game. 

I wish that you could meet many nspc and other characters or numerous citizen that could help nor hurt you.

Any ideas guys ... thank you in advance.

Advertisement

How would it play, Is it a First Person game, maybe 3rd Person or 2D?

How would survival work, do you need to constantly fill up hunger,thirst and sleep bars or is it more gameplay focused?

How does interacting with citizens work, do they randomly spawn and you talk to them or do they go about there lives?

There is a lot of potential in a game like this, making it happen is going to be hard.

If you are struggling trying to come up with what you'd really like it to be, try to imagine, say, the first 15 minutes of you playing the game. Do you see yourself going through 3D-modeled streets or through a pixel-styled map? Do you know what you ought to do first in order to start surviving? What is the atmosphere like, can you imagine yourself listening to an ambient soundtrack or the distant sounds of war around you? Is there something you always need to be vary of?

Imagining yourself playing the game you want to make (and want to actually get to play too) can help you get started in places where you feel totally and utterly at a loss.

Ohh thank you for the advise Scouting Ninja and Unnatural I'll keep that in mind ... 

btw ....I am planning for a 2d game and the game will mainly focus on its stats like thirst hunger etc while comepleting the main quest ... sometimes you can just stroll around the vault while collecting some stuffs .

I also think that the player should always protect his/her companions their best buds because they could survive together and the longer they come together you the player will know some of the past you've been through.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement