• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hplus0603

The next Halite competition is up!

This topic is 384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Last year, the Halite competition was pretty fun! I didn't have as much time to spend as I wanted, but nevertheless.

This year, it looks even more fun, although I have even less time to spend on it. If you all want to give it a go, I can highly recommend it.

The competition consists of a simple game with rules, and a "starter kit" that lets you write a bot to play the game.

The game servers then run the bots against each other, and scores your bot based on how well it does.

In the beginning, getting a high score is not that hard, but as the game goes on, the well-ranked competitors will analyze how their bot is doing and improve the algorithm, whatever it is, so at the end, it's quite tough!

This is a great way to sharpen your programming skills in Python, C++, Java, Rust, or one of the many other supported languages. Let's show them some gamedev.net colors!

https://halite.io/

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!