• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sprotz

Creating a physics wrapper tutorial ?

This topic is 380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can any expert here give me a tutorial on how to create a physics wrapper / DLL for a specific game engine ? Preferably with an easy physics engine for the Blitz3d game engine. I know how to create the declarations (.decls) file for all functions in a dll, but how to create the dll from source, because for example the source for the Newton engine, or the ODE engine contains so many .cpp and .h files that I get confused as to where the physics functions are. And no documentation on how to create a dll.

I've found some wrappers for blitz3d but I'm still interested in a tutorial.

Edited by sprotz

Advertisement

So the question is about how to create a DLL?  Like this, typically. Or, if you're using different tools, however those work.

As for getting confused about which functions are the interface and which functions are internal, that's a matter of documentation and learning to work with large code bases.  Often it is a mix of documentation, naming conventions by the library creators, certain header files that consumers of the library are supposed to use, and access specifiers showing you what public functions are available.

Also, moving to For Beginners.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!