• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Kai Keeper
      I finished this game a while ago, now I'm trying to make an introduction video before I put it on Steam, looking for feedback.
      I have already got some feedback from other people, and this is what they felt or some of the things I think the video doesn't do a good job: 1. I don't understand the core concept of the game. I think another video that explains the core concept of this game would be better.
      2. I feel that the video was too long, it showed way too many features.
      If you feel the same way, please let me know. If you have any other suggestions/feedback please don't hold back.
    • By fgp069
      Hi there, this is my first time posting, but have been a long-time lurker in this community. I am currently developing a 3D game engine using a deferred renderer and OpenGL.
      I have successfully implemented recursive portals (and mirrors) in my engine utilizing the stencil buffer to mask out regions of the screen. This solution is very favorable as I am able to have dozens of separate views drawn at once without needing to worry about requiring multiple G-buffers for each individual (sub)view. I also benefit with being able to perform post processing effects over all views, only needing to apply them over what is visible (one pass per-section with stencil masking for no risk of overdraw).
      Now presently I am pondering ways of dealing with in-game camera displays (for an example think of the monitors from Half-Life 2). In the past I've handled these by rendering from the camera's perspective onto separate render target, and then in the final shading pass applying it as a texture. However I was greatly disappointed with the performance and the inability to combine with post-processing effects (or at least the way I do presently with portals). Another concern being that I wish to have scenes containing several unique camera screens at once (such as a security CCTV room), without needing to worry about the associated vram usage of having several G-Buffers.
      I wanted to ask more experienced members of this community if it would be possible to handle them in a similar fashion as I do with portals, but with the difference being for them to be transformed so they take on the appearance of a flat 2D surface. Would anybody with a more comprehensive understanding of matrix maths be able to tell me if this idea is feasible or not, and if so could come up with a possible solution?
      I hope all this makes enough sense. Any possible insight would be greatly appreciated!
    • By RoKabium Games
      While looking out for that pesky Terrator, our little alien is doing a bit of relaxed mining down on the new gas planet "Lelantos" this weekend.... 
      #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity #screenshotsaturday
    • By vividgamer
      I have a native iOS game (objective c, XCode build) which I am considering to port to other platforms.
      Core gameplay is based on solely on geographical maps, and custom drawing over maps. It also has Core Data. This part is complete in development.
      What is not done yet is: monetization, gamification (leaderboards, challenges) and multiplayer functionality.
      As I think more about it, I am tempted to think if this is the right time to move to a cross platform tool such as Unity. But before dedicating time to port my 5 years side-project effort in Objective C, I really want to know if its worth it.
      - Does Unity support such plugins / assets that will fulfill all my above requirements?
      - Unity Personal seems to have only 20 concurrent users - is it too costly scaling if I decide for extending to web and android platforms?
      - What is the general workflow involved in publishing to iOS, Android, PC, and web platforms while using Unity? I mean to ask about various points of signing stuff, paying fees and getting certified.
      - How long will it really take to port my entire Objective C project into Unity? I am somewhat familiar with C# but I am finding it hard fidgeting with Unity IDE as lot of things are focused around FPS and 3D while my game is still 2d - not much action involved. I seem bit overwhelmed by the list of features I see there. All in all, I do not want to lose my momentum while still making sure its portable to everywhere.
      - Any assets I could use (for free to try basis in debug) that are relevant for my game?
      - Last but not the least, are there any costs that I need to be paying upfront to Unity, for using it (apart from their monthly subscription model)? I don't understand their costing for multiplayer in conjunction with their subscription fees - if someone could kindly elaborate.
      Thanks in advance for your time reading a newbie
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Swordbreaker in Action

Adventurer took a paper bundle out of his coat. It was the very same map that the man in the tavern gave him. That map depicted a castle and marked a path to the treasury hidden behind its walls. They say this treasury contains lots of jewelry and gold, but the most valuable of them is one diamond. They say this is the biggest diamond in Dorgan, and maybe even in the whole world! Someone even said that you can buy a small castle for this precious stone, and live happily ever after until the end of your days for the rest of the money. All these talks and tales let our hero to the mysterious castle. Do you want to know who is this adventurer? His name is Swordbreaker!
The game will tell you about the Swordbreaker’s blood-drenched enigmatic adventures in a mysterious castle. Our hero has to go through many trials before he possibly could find what has led him to the castle — treasures!
Swordbreaker in Action (working title) is a remake of the original Swordbreaker the Game. It is full 3D action-adventure with RPG elements. The action is based on the previous game plot, but the main focus now is on fighting hordes of enemies, exploring the locations, and solving puzzles.
Game features:
 Dynamic battles behind the walls of an ancient castle.
• Many different locations, both inside and outside the castle.
• Character progression system.
• Different kinds of weapons, armor and magic.
• Dynamic change of music depending on the hero's karma.
Team: DuCats Games
Platform: PC
Engine: Unity3D
We may be a young team but a very active one, as we crave for bringing the high-quality product to you! The game will be on sale on Steam after the release.
We already have a project on Steam called “Swordbreaker The Game”. The new project is a more advanced remake version of it. And yes, you got it right — you’ll be able to break swords with the swordbreaker!
We’d also like to say that our game isn’t set in a classic Middle Ages fantasy world. It’s more of a mix due to modern elements and a good amount of humor (those who played the first game get the point)
It also goes for the game music score — fantasy motives intertwined with modern ones and it becomes more dynamic during battles. The music also depends on the prevailing character’s karma.
At the moment, the battle system in the game is at its very early stage and we work on its major improvement. We’ll add new strikes and other elements to make battles more dynamic.
Armors and enemys
Edited by ducats-games

Regular report on the work done:
1. The combat system is ready by 70 percent. Many strikes are working, but still need to edit and configure more precisely speed.
2. Placed on the location of the selected objects. Now to explore it even more fun! The location itself is ready.
3. Added more models for the environment on location.
4. Draw Intro...
5. Prepare interim teaser trailer.
In General, we go not very quickly, but still go. Oh, Yes! Even the enemies of the new work)