suliman

Top-down shooter / zombie survival. Plz try it!

Hi!

My game is coming along nicely and I would love some feedback.

You play as one (or two in co-op) survivor that must travel the land and survive the infected hordes, looners and bandits. You stop in locations but are always pressed as the hordes will start pouring in. Collect resources (food, fuel, medical supplies and ammo) and weapons and head for the goal!

Tips

• Always quickly switch to a melee weapon if running out of ammo
  • Loot everything if you have time to loot, including cartrunks
  • Choose locations that have the loot you need (such as gas station for fuel)
  • Try to avoid running out of fuel or having your car break down. Walking is dangerous!

Download (50 MB, works with windows only, you DON'T need dropbox to download):
Damnation road (beta 2)

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

Edited by suliman

I tried again and got to day 3 on normal, but I got another bug. My screen had the 'Damnation Road' night transition image stuck. Restarting the game fixed it.

So far, I can't get past the third day on normal, but the difficulty is good. Most games make normal difficulty very easy. When I click on normal, I expect a challenge.

What needs improvement is the controls and player awareness. Most of the time, I can't tell why my gun cannot shoot because my eyes are on the zombies. But the reload and jam signals are on the player. Maybe put those signals at mouse position instead, and make the reload/jam circle in white/light red because it's nearly invisible at night.

45 minutes ago, Michael Aganier said:

My screen had the 'Damnation Road' night transition image stuck

You mean a simple fade to black? Or did you see the main menu image (the photo of the road) in the middle of gameplay? Did you get this problem after a night-session? Or just randomly?

Noone else? Hundreds read this thread, but only Michael had some feedback?

Updated the link with the latest version (beta 1) (more sounds, zombies moan, some balance and UI issues, text feedback when you lack resources, car is getting old etc)

Edited by suliman

The player awareness is much better (more icons, low ammo alert) and the character movement is smoother. I made it to day 8 while I couldn't get past day 3 before (normal difficulty). I got killed at the military roadblock because I wanted to spend my weakest weapons first. Have had used my best weapons, I wouldn't have been killed. Also, I didn't have any armor. I found multiple pieces at day 1-4, but I haven't got any more past that. None of traders would sell armor.

I  discovered many new enemies for the first time. Knowing much more about the game, I'm pretty sure I could complete day 10 on normal now.

The one thing that I would improve is pathfinding. I can abuse AI by moving to the other side of an object and he won't walk around it.

Good to see that you (and the game) are improving! :)

Just a note:
You dont win on day 10, you win by travelling the distance to the goal (2000 miles) and win the final confrontation. The days (time passed) only make the game harder and higher level (changes what enemies and items appear).

I'll look into armour spawning. It think you just got unlucky though as there should be armours for all levels. The "combat trader" sells melee weapons and armour while the "gun trader" sells firearms and ammo. He usually has some armour for sale. But the drop-rate for armour may be too low (and the ending is very hard with no armour).

Edited by suliman

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Geri
      Anime Maker is an ultimately simple and but powerfull crossplatform software to create animated cartoons and anime.

Download your favorite anime fanworks (characters, backgrounds) from internet, then open them with Anime Maker to create an Anime from them!

Anime Maker offers shot based timeline management with 27 image layers, simple BONE ANIMATION for moving your heroes, dozens of effect including fire, water, snowfall, fountain, and refraction.

Make your own anime for amatheur or professional movie competitions! Create your own ultimate fanfictions from your favorit anime, impress your friends, create your own anime seasons for televisions, or video sharing sites!

Your career as an anime artist starts today!

Anime Maker offers all the feature that required to create an anime, including the folowing: 

- Time-line and shot based video edition with copy/paste/delete abilities
      - Support for bmp, jpg, png formats with alpha map, and automatic alpha-map generation
      - 27 independent graphics layer to create your movie
      - 3 sound channel on the timeline
      - Wav and ogg files for audio
      - Mouse and touchscreen for input
      - AVI video export with antialiasing
      - x86 and ARM based computers and mobile phones
      - Windows, Linux and Android compatibility
      - 8 invididual bones on all layers, with 4 joints each
      - Real time motion movement recording for realible animation
      - Dozens of fire and particle effects with your own textures
      - Layer refraction effects (water waves, etc)
      - Anime Maker supports multiple CPU cores for great performance
      - Dedicated mouth speak layer management
      - More stable than video software usually
      - Very small memory footprint, and powersaving
      - Ability to morph, move, resize, color, blend your layers in real-time
      - WYSIWYG editor: what you see is what you will get on export
      - Supports cutting exported video into multiple files
      - Tooltips as easy usage guide
      - Instant start and quit
      - Multimedia cacheing to avoid memory waste
      - 16:9 ratio with custom shot sizes optimized for Anime
      - Colored and shadowed subtitles
      download:
      http://AnimeMaker.tk
      http://gerigeri.uw.hu/animemaker/index.html

• By Ravenmore
      Hi guys! 
      With Black Friday just around the corner, all my asssets are 66% off in the Black Friday Bundle =)

https://itch.io/s/9180/ravenmores-black-friday-bundle

Quality stuff like in the attached images, for super cheap. Grab it while it's hot

• By potente
      Hello everyone.
      I have [digital] modeling from Vaughan, dance music manual from Snowman, is it there anything similar for 2D graphics?
      Thanks in advance for any help.

Bye, Ivano.
    • By mivagames
      Hello all,
      We are a small team that would like to introduce our game - “Bondo 2 - Fusion of Domino”. It's "merging game" with levels.
      The testing phase there were many questions. We are would like to hear constructive reaction about Tutorial of our game: very detailed or no, very long or ... etc.
      We would be happy for any feedback.
      Thanks!
      iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1288081600

• By PistachioPro
      Hi all! Long time no post. We've been on extended hiatus from game development for several years, but came out of hiding to develop a fun little browser game. It's called surviv.io, and you can find it (appropriately) at http://surviv.io. It's strongly influenced by way too many hours spent playing PUBG. Spawn in, grab some loot, and be the last person standing. Please check it out and let us know what you think!

• Popular Now