• Advertisement

(Android) Invaders - Mars Defender (Libgdx + B4A)

Hi all,

Google Play Store Link - Invaders Mars Defender

I want to announce the release of my latest game, Invaders Mars Defender.

A Space Invaders inspired mobile game on Android.

It's written using B4A (www.b4x.com) and the libgdx graphics library.

Please give it a go and leave me some feedback, especially about any bugs you may find.

I'm currently working on optimization (think bitmap font maybe a memory hog) right now.

I'll add more features when I can.

Google Play Store Link - Invaders Mars Defender

I've put more details on my website:

http://www.coffeeinducedgames.co.uk

Screenshot_20171006-164308.png

Screenshot_20171006-164216.png

Advertisement

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Manuel Berger
      Hello fellow devs!
      Once again I started working on an 2D adventure game and right now I'm doing the character-movement/animation. I'm not a big math guy and I was happy about my solution, but soon I realized that it's flawed.
      My player has 5 walking-animations, mirrored for the left side: up, upright, right, downright, down. With the atan2 function I get the angle between player and destination. To get an index from 0 to 4, I divide PI by 5 and see how many times it goes into the player-destination angle.

In Pseudo-Code:
      angle = atan2(destination.x - player.x, destination.y - player.y) //swapped y and x to get mirrored angle around the y axis
      index = (int) (angle / (PI / 5));
      PlayAnimation(index); //0 = up, 1 = up_right, 2 = right, 3 = down_right, 4 = down

Besides the fact that when angle is equal to PI it produces an index of 5, this works like a charm. Or at least I thought so at first. When I tested it, I realized that the up and down animation is playing more often than the others, which is pretty logical, since they have double the angle.

What I'm trying to achieve is something like this, but with equal angles, so that up and down has the same range as all other directions.

I can't get my head around it. Any suggestions? Is the whole approach doomed?

Thank you in advance for any input!

• By Terry Jin
      Hi everyone! 

I am from an indie studio that has received funding for our concept and is ready to create the next generation 2D Pokemon-inspired MMORPG called Phantasy World. This ad is for a volunteer position but hopefully will transition into something more. Our vision is to create a game that draws inspiration from the series but is dramatically different in both aesthetics and gameplay as the work would be our own.

We are hoping that you can help us make this a reality and are looking for game developers familiar with the unreal engine and would be happy to work on a 2D top down game. Sprite artists are also welcome as we are in desperate need of talented artists! Join our discord and let's have a chat! https://discord.gg/hfDxwDX

Here's some of our in game sprites for playable characters while moving around the game world! Hope to see you soon!

• By Sean Meredith
      Hi all, I am starting to develop a tactics game and ran into a problem I had not thought of. I began by drawing a screen with a hex grid, and this is no big deal. I got that working fine. But, I realized it didn't look quite right. This is because in most strategy games, you're not looking straight down. There is a bit of a tilt. Attached is an example of what I mean. The hexagons on bottom are larger than the hexagons on top, and I'm unsure of how to go about adding this effect. Especially when you consider that some maps may be of different sizes. 
      I'm not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, but it seems as though some sort of linear transformation would be applied? No? I don't even know where to begin in a problem like this.
      Thanks.

• By nick1
      Hello,

I have limited programming experience in C++, but have always had a passion for games.  Where do I start?  I have a rough idea of the type of game I want to develop and am ready to commit the time necessary to learn new languages.  Are mobile games too difficult to begin with? Should I begin learning the basics of keyboard controls before attempting touch screens?  I would appreciate any input or advice!
      Thanks!
      Nick1
  • Advertisement